IrishJedi's Custom DEXTER Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Work In Progress. Just need a few more items (and I'm also making a backdrop for this one as well).

Also, he currently has no head... I did get one from Ada, but it's at DarkArtist being painted. :joy

Anyway, here are some pics of it, so far...

First, the custom stand I made:
dexter_01_stand.jpg

Next, the (currently headless) figure and accessories:
dexter_02_fignaccessories.jpg

He's on a TrueType 38. I pieced together all of the items from all kinds of various sources. Made the ID badge myself. It's a little oversized, but that was basically the only way to do it to have it print out and sit realistically at all.

He has 3 sets of hands total. One will be gloved.

I wanted to go for Dexter's business casual look while he's on the job for Miami Metro. But I will be working on some of his "Dark Passenger" gear.

Here are closer-up pics of his Forensics Kit and "Dark Passenger" Kit (both also works in progress):

dexter_03_forensics.jpg

dexter_04_weapons.jpg

Awesome! Can't wait to see how this one turns out. I made a badge & blood-splattered stand for mine as well, I'll try to get some pics if you'd like to see them. I used a clear Medicom stand and splashed red stained glass paint on it to give it a "blood slide" kinds look. I really like your stand alot better though! Nice work!

awesome work so far IJ..........love dexter & im sure DA will do a phenominal job on him. whats the time frame you get the headsculpt back from josh & have him finished??

Nice especially the custom stand. The "Dark Passenger" version imo is a better look though, so I'll be checking for that when you get around to it. Someone else made one like that on here. I forget who.

excellent job, been looking at putting a Dexter display together. Can't wait to see it finished up!

Looking good so far! Love the stand...all you really need left is finding a 1/6 trophy box, which I'm sure will be difficult. Can't wait to see a finished product

Very impressed, can't wait to see the final product. Want to see an Ada hs painted by someone top notch.

Awesome work!

The stand in particular is really eye-catching and really captures the feel of the ads.

Badge is great, too!

Looking really good. I've recently become very obsessed with 12" figures and thinking all the characters and franchises I'd love to see represented on my shelf and Dexter quickly came to mind. And when I decided to search the boards for any like-minded individuals, wouldn't you know it there were several threads. :)

Honestly, I wasn't too impressed with Ada's head, but a better paint job might improve it, I'm very curious to see your complete figure. And like someone else said earlier, I prefer the 'Dark Passenger' attire, and very excited to see that too.

I was wondering how your Dexter is coming along as I am working on one myself.
I love the stand it looks awesome and the rest of the 1/6 stuff looks perfect.

Back