IrishJedi's Custom 1:6 Rorschach/Watchmen Backdrop Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is a placeholder for now, as I haven't taken any pics yet. I'm still working on it, and it's coming together great. I'll take some in-progress pics soon and then once the DarkArtist custom Rorschach figure arrives (which will be soon, I think) some proper kick ass pics will happen. :rock

:chew

Here's a quick/crappy iPhone TEASER pic:

backdrop_01.jpg

Almost done.

Bad pic from a bad angle, but you'll get the idea:

backdrop_02.jpg

It's about 2 ' high and 3' long. And it eagerly awaits Josh's custom Rorschach. :naughty

Now to work on the foreground (garbage cans, garbage bags, sidewalk, street, etc)

Dude this looks very good! How did you do the brick wall!
If I can give you an advice i did one myself! I uses foam boards and just sculpted the brick using a pen! Then painted it and paste some thorn posters! I think the brick are a little too small but it's just to be picky!!

DSCN0467.jpg

Wow, that looks great! Cool idea for a TDK Joker backdrop. :duff

I wanted the small bricks, because I'm going for the NYC brownstone look... which is pretty big in WATCHMEN. They're not quite as small as they might look, though. The whole backdrop is rather large.

looks good IJ.....has that gritty street look & feel to it. looking forward to seeing it complete....& occupied......:D

Looks great dude. You can get colored, translucent plastic pieces that can be slightly heated and bent to simulate neon.

Gotta agree with seb, the bricks are way too small.

The bricks aren't too small. They're exactly how I wanted them. I'm going for the standard small brick (brownstone) look from the book and the movie, not cinder blocks. But I didn't want to do a wall directly from the book or movie... I wanted to make my own that includes a lot of different iconic WATCHMEN elements (The Hiroshima Lovers, Fallout Shelter sign, Nixon sign, "Who Watches The Watchmen?", etc).

The smaller brown/red bricks are all over WATCHMEN, because it's NYC 1985:

Watchmen.jpg

watchmen_set_Rorschach.jpg

watchmen-setphoto-07.jpg

watchmen1.jpg

watchmen_photo08.jpg

083107-set-photo04-big.jpg

1414119355_6519302064.jpg

I don't know how anyone can judge the scale of the bricks without a figure in the picture. Hey Irish! Maybe Michael Crawford could lend you his old Highlander in modern clothes, now that Donald Trump has taken over Michael's reviews....:lol

I'm knocked out by the crud in the grout. Really convincing weathering.

I wanna do something similar for my SW pieces, a rebel spaceship corridor from ANH, jabbas throne, a death star corridor or possibly a Star Destroyer Bridge. With Han in Carbo coming out recently, if I ever want to display it alongside Jabba and throne (as it is now) then its gonna need a second display cabinet building (as my cab wouldnt take Han), so Id love to dedicate a wall just for a cabinet of dio's, hopefully creating dio's that arent too cramped with figures, with areas around the dios for displaying the other SW characters that arent relevent to the individual dio's,

But . .

I need a wall, everythings relegated to my small office atm and on a rotation :(

Last edited:
Back