Iphone or Blackberry Tour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iphone or Blackberry

• Total voters
Jailbreaking is amazingly easy. Completely unlocks the restrictions and opens up a ton of possibilities for the iPhone. A standard iPhone is running at about 75% of its capabilities while unlocked you're at a solid 90%. I unlocked my 3G and downloaded a camcorder, a compass, and a ton of other awesome themes and even new dock configurations.

How tos are plentiful on YouTube, easy to do and completely worth it.

Jailbreaking is amazingly easy. Completely unlocks the restrictions and opens up a ton of possibilities for the iPhone. A standard iPhone is running at about 75% of its capabilities while unlocked you're at a solid 90%. I unlocked my 3G and downloaded a camcorder, a compass, and a ton of other awesome themes and even new dock configurations.

How tos are plentiful on YouTube, easy to do and completely worth it.

So anyone can jail break an Iphone?

Tmobile runs on sim cards, is there a place for a sim card?

I am actually amazed that this is such a land slide. Can anyone explain why most tech sites rate them both pretty much even? Is it an ease of use thing or what? Sorry when it comes to phones I am lacking in the knowledge department.

I am actually amazed that this is such a land slide. Can anyone explain why most tech sites rate them both pretty much even? Is it an ease of use thing or what? Sorry when it comes to phones I am lacking in the knowledge department.

Like someone mentioned, depends on your need and application.

If you want it for the camera, video camera, ipod, games, and just cool time-wasting apps, get the iphone. If you need it to do work and more of a business need, other phones are better suited for that.

So maybe the reviews are putting that into perspective.

Get the biggest or second to biggest size if $ is an issue. You'll be glad you did later when you start downloading apps and moving music onto it and start taking movies.

I wish I could get the iPhone, I have an iPod touch which is like the iPhone but with out the phone and camera part :lol . I love it the apps and games rock and the Internet is awesome I'm on it now, and the whole sync with iTunes is cool too. I played with both iPhone and new blackberry and IMO the iPhone is more easy and fun to use

Like someone mentioned, depends on your need and application.

If you want it for the camera, video camera, ipod, games, and just cool time-wasting apps, get the iphone. If you need it to do work and more of a business need, other phones are better suited for that.

So maybe the reviews are putting that into perspective.

Get the biggest or second to biggest size if $ is an issue. You'll be glad you did later when you start downloading apps and moving music onto it and start taking movies.

Hmmm....Thats my thing. I mainly want a phone that I can use to check email and work items. I would hardly use apps. Now that said the iphone is just cool and I have a Mac. I think what I may do is this. It isn't that much to end a contract with Verizon under my current plan. So I may upgrade my current dare with the blackberry tour. Try it out until the new iPhone is released. I am hoping by then Verizon gets a grasp on the phone. If not at that point I WILL switch if it's worth it. I also found tonight that blackberry and apple have an app that allows you to play itunes on a blackberry. That was a big thing with me wanting to go iphone. So I really don't know. :banghead

I have a Blackberry Curve and its been the source of great wailing and gnashing of teeth. Rollerball constantly gets stuck, it constantly freezes while opening text msgs, etc.

I can't vouch for the iPhone, but I'll probably be testing the waters myself on my next purchase. Can't say many good things for Blackberry except that it takes really good pictures.

Hmmm....Thats my thing. I mainly want a phone that I can use to check email and work items. I would hardly use apps. Now that said the iphone is just cool and I have a Mac. I think what I may do is this. It isn't that much to end a contract with Verizon under my current plan. So I may upgrade my current dare with the blackberry tour. Try it out until the new iPhone is released. I am hoping by then Verizon gets a grasp on the phone. If not at that point I WILL switch if it's worth it. I also found tonight that blackberry and apple have an app that allows you to play itunes on a blackberry. That was a big thing with me wanting to go iphone. So I really don't know. :banghead

Is a new phone coming out soon or just expanded carrier service (Verizon)? Cause I just got last version, I think 3GS only a few months ago on opening weekend.

I have a Storm and know that while you CAN sync your iTunes song playlist to your BB using the "Desktop Manager" software, you CAN NOT sync ANY videos from your iTunes account.

I have a Storm and know that while you CAN sync your iTunes song playlist to your BB using the "Desktop Manager" software, you CAN NOT sync ANY videos from your iTunes account.

My pc recognized my iPhone As a device/drive and let me copy videos to my computer. I was surprised, especially cause it was my work computer. And it was a bootleg of the "Kick Ass" panel.

Is a new phone coming out soon or just expanded carrier service (Verizon)? Cause I just got last version, I think 3GS only a few months ago on opening weekend.

It is rumored that Apple will announce verizon as an expanded carrier sometime next year. So I will wait to see if that ever happens. If it doesn't by the time the next iPhone comes out (Im guessing July) I will probably make the switch.

One thing to keep in mind is your use of apps. You say you wouldn't use them much until you start seeing how cool some of them are. Also, there's lots of software that you can use to copy a dvd into mobile video. Just sayin! If you've never used one before I can let you check out our ipod touch to see if you like the feel of it. Actually there will be at least one person here with an iphone if you wanted to ask them questions too. Hopefully he will still be coherent by then :lol

For me the phone doesn't matter so much as the service. My organization uses the Sprint on our Blackberrys and the service sucks balls. Would rather we contract with Verizon, but those guys try to rob you. It's a trade off I guess. I use Verizon on my personal cell phone. Sprint coverage is laughable, especially in my line of work.

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind is your use of apps. You say you wouldn't use them much until you start seeing how cool some of them are. Also, there's lots of software that you can use to copy a dvd into mobile video. Just sayin! If you've never used one before I can let you check out our ipod touch to see if you like the feel of it. Actually there will be at least one person here with an iphone if you wanted to ask them questions too. Hopefully he will still be coherent by then :lol

I have used one. My sister has one. It is amazing. Not denying it. :rock

I have used one. My sister has one. It is amazing. Not denying it. :rock

iphone = Blackberry tour/curve 8900

They are on equal playing fields in my opinion. It depends on the features you want. Touchscreen or keyboard. I tried them both and gave them a good workout and the BB works for me. I get good coverage and internet speed is equal to the iphone.

iphone = Blackberry tour/curve 8900

They are on equal playing fields in my opinion. It depends on the features you want. Touchscreen or keyboard. I tried them both and gave them a good workout and the BB works for me. I get good coverage and internet speed is equal to the iphone.

That's pretty much what CNET says. It's kinda like a coke or pepsi thing.

Back