International shipping prices on the rise?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimFeliz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Have SS international shipping prices risen again? I've really been enjoying the lower shipping rates. A PF had been averaging about $40. Compared to the old days where as it averaged around $100. I emailed for a quote on Luke Jedi Knight PF expecting around $50. I was quoted $80! Does he just come in a big box or can I expect more of the same?

Last edited:
Man, I hope not. With our fairly strong dollar and those lower shipping costs, buying direct from SS was becoming a real possibility. I got my Evil Queen Ex earlier in the year and the low shipping totally helped to make that a worth while direct purchase.

It just seems that these day's free trade agreements and all that hardly matter, not when international shipping just such a ridiculous amount.

I hope not too.

And if the dollar goes down again at all and the shipping stays the same price I'll be better off just paying the sometimes/usually inflated local etailer prices here in Australia again, unfortunately.

Jedi Luke PF is around $395 Aus at local etailers anyway, if shipping is $80US and the PF Luke is $289US from Sideshow you might as well get it locally?

Yeah, unless one really wants the EX, then getting the reward points aren't worth it.

When I got my Evil Queen EX PF, the shipping was pretty darn good, the exchange rate high, so in the end, I got the EX, for the price of the Reg locally. My first large direct SS order, be a shame if it ends up being the last.

Yeah i hope that they keep it as low as possible and have good contract negotiated with fedex as shipping is the killer of getting items. I know that getting stuff sent from the US is an absolute killer on bigger items from the likes of ebay ($685 USD for a 1:4 queen bust!) but they do help us out with items and im pretty sure they have some good flat rate international shipping. I got the predalien bust shipped (and its a freakin huge box/s) for $205 USD which is cheaper than i had to pay to get a master replicas motion tracker. Although i did notice to that as of the start of financial year Australia post are upping the price of postage.

I know that getting stuff sent from the US is an absolute killer on bigger items from the likes of ebay ($685 USD for a 1:4 queen bust!) but they do help us out with items and im pretty sure they have some good flat rate international shipping. I got the predalien bust shipped (and its a freakin huge box/s) for $205 USD which is cheaper than i had to pay to get a master replicas motion tracker.

SS did mention that they were able to get betting shipping prices on larger items, which I has seen. When I had Electric Tiki Glory shipped it was around $47, about a week later a had a PF sent (can't remember which one) and it was about $50.

I got a few more quotes. Mola Ram is $85, yet Undying Carcass is $57. It seems like prices have risen a little, but still a lot better then a year or so ago.

It would want to be, that's around double what my Evil Queen PF was.

Evil Queen Volumetric Weight: 22.00" H (558.8mm) x 14.50" W (368.3mm) x 6.50" L (165.1mm) = 5.66kg
Allosaurus VS Camarasaurus Dio Volumetric Weight: 15.00" H (381mm) x 16.00" W (406.4mm) x 30.00" L (762mm) = 19.66kg

From the Volumetric Weight, the Allo Dio is about 3.47 times more than Evil Queen PF.

Thus, if it is double of the shipping cost of the Evil Queen PF, then there is no major increase in International Shipping cost.

Hopefully, I am correct here. As an international customer, Sideshow's shipping is the main consideration when I decide to buy anything from SS. If the shipping cost goes back to be as high as previously, then my buying power will be very much reduced.

Which means in theory, before the shipping cost reduction, it would have cost $200+ to ship to Australia.

So manybe it's now a case of the shipping being a bit more variable, but still less then it was.

Still means one needs to consider the direct shipping cost, comapred to a local purchase a month or two later.

Evil Queen Volumetric Weight: 22.00" H (558.8mm) x 14.50" W (368.3mm) x 6.50" L (165.1mm) = 5.66kg
Allosaurus VS Camarasaurus Dio Volumetric Weight: 15.00" H (381mm) x 16.00" W (406.4mm) x 30.00" L (762mm) = 19.66kg

From the Volumetric Weight, the Allo Dio is about 3.47 times more than Evil Queen PF.

Thus, if it is double of the shipping cost of the Evil Queen PF, then there is no major increase in International Shipping cost.

Hopefully, I am correct here. As an international customer, Sideshow's shipping is the main consideration when I decide to buy anything from SS. If the shipping cost goes back to be as high as previously, then my buying power will be very much reduced.

That great info thank you. :clap :wave
I was hoping it would be huge and looks like it will be:yess:

Which means in theory, before the shipping cost reduction, it would have cost $200+ to ship to Australia.

So manybe it's now a case of the shipping being a bit more variable, but still less then it was.

Still means one needs to consider the direct shipping cost, comapred to a local purchase a month or two later.

I am sorry but i would never buy local as the price increase is just to high IMO. I would go to ebay before buying local

I am sorry but i would never buy local as the price increase is just to high IMO. I would go to ebay before buying local

Really? I guess that just depends on where you buy. Again, using the Evil Queen PF (since that's all I've got lately that's SS related), it cost me $400AUD in total to get it from SS.

It was going to cost about $400 also to buy it locally, but of course that's just the Reg, not the Ex I got from SS.

Had the postage been as high as it was before the price reductions, then a local purchase would have been way cheaper, just not the Ex.

Well I've bought a few items, in the past 8 months from the 1:1 endo skull, 300 figure & Arnie T800 all have come cheaper from SSC then I was able to buy locally & thats including the shipping with no use of discounts ie: points or gift cards. The dropping dollar will affect this, I'm not really sure where the shipping used to be priced either but I've been happy so far.

Really? I guess that just depends on where you buy. Again, using the Evil Queen PF (since that's all I've got lately that's SS related), it cost me $400AUD in total to get it from SS.

It was going to cost about $400 also to buy it locally, but of course that's just the Reg, not the Ex I got from SS.

Had the postage been as high as it was before the price reductions, then a local purchase would have been way cheaper, just not the Ex.

I only buy EX's and with sideshow flex pay it makes it so much easier to buy stuff without having to cough up a big chunk of change in one hit.

Well I've bought a few items, in the past 8 months from the 1:1 endo skull, 300 figure & Arnie T800 all have come cheaper from SSC then I was able to buy locally & thats including the shipping with no use of discounts ie: points or gift cards. The dropping dollar will affect this, I'm not really sure where the shipping used to be priced either but I've been happy so far.

:exactly::goodpost: :wave

The only time I buy local is when they have massive sales - otherwise its cheaper to buy from o/s and ship. Shipping seems to have gone down for me late - but I only buy 1/6th stuff - no PF's.

Back