Inked Daleks new DOCTOR WHO "Fourth Doctor" mod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW Man this is beautiful in hand. Took some pics outside and even they don't do justice to your work. Thank you Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much Joey. And thank you for the Jelly Bs man nice touch.

Last edited:
Joeytom1.jpg
[/IMG]
joeydoc3.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]
Have to give a big nod to the felt effect you did with the airbrush bud.
Just Amazing.

Thanks guys. I'm pleased with the hat. I gotta try to take some shots as I usually do when I get more done to show off the blush areas & mottling. It's hard to see, but subtle. Shows up in hand, seems to not translate well in shots.

Do you think I need to tone down the eyes? The looked good in hand, but seem lighter in the images, yours & mine. I started with a navy iris, lightened it up, then blended with chalk pastels as well to smooth the transition.

I LOVE this sculpt.

Cheers Jay

Brendan, yours is probably in a plane right now. Damn things better traveled than me!

I really need to pick one of these up and get my who customs on the go properly.

The paint on the head looks fantastic Joey

Thanks folks!! I gotta some how shoot the head in a way that shows the detail stuff. It's one of my favs so far. I really wanted to nail these. Especially cuz Who collectors (myself included) are discerning. I'm no different. If it doesn't look good enough to display on my shelves, it shouldn't be released to someone else.

I'm overly picky. I don't want to release just ok.

Raining like Hell here. Good night for painting. As Tom said-
" Anyone for Tennis?"

Got my head from Joey today and spent a good hour or so looking at it in various lighting...................it's so lifelike I keep expecting it to offer me a jelly baby!

Thanks to Jay for making this sculpt available and to Joey for knocking a massive home run with the paint apps, you guys both ROCK!

Thanks folks
I'm gonna keep the same skin process but lighten the eyes (whites) on the ones I'm working on. Hope to get more painting on Thurs (a lot) & over the weekend. Only take 1 day off a week, but I should be able to get a fair amount done providing no new curves thrown at my by life. Have tattoos getting done tomorrow. Sick family tonight. Life's a B*@%h.

Got my head from Joey today and spent a good hour or so looking at it in various lighting...................it's so lifelike I keep expecting it to offer me a jelly baby!

Thanks to Jay for making this sculpt available and to Joey for knocking a massive home run with the paint apps, you guys both ROCK!

Thank you. Happy I could do this for everyone. And I know what you mean about the Jelly Babies, Joey did a magnificent paint job.:yess:

Thanks guys, I just try to make em as close to real as I can. I don't want to just paint em.

However with work/family illnesses I haven't had any spare time. 9pm here & just finished paying office bills. Was at work at 730am. Can't wait for my 1 day off.

I PROMISE to get to them all ASAP

Rick

That is perfect. Tom all the way. Can hear him saying,"High then, I'm the Doctor. Want a Jelly Baby?"

Incredibly fun to paint except for getting the brush behind the neck to get inside the hair. Nasty, but still, by far the best Tom I've seen.

Love your work

BJ
That sculpt is just one of those things that paints up well. The likeness is just dead on, captures Bakers maniacal grin. Hard to go wrong. Hell, unpainted it's perfect. Painted though, it just becomes stellar. WST did an amazing job with his.

Here's mine. Still need JB's, vest & proper jacket

Totally agree with everyone about the awesome sculpt – but I think it would have been more appropriate to congratulate the original sculptor; Andrew Teal, for the likeness, rather than the guy who simply moulded his work and added hair.

Back