Inglourious Basterds - mini review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was buying some stuff at Best Buy and saw this. Is the Tarantino Basterds a re-make??
the-inglorious-bastards-3-disc-expl.jpg

I wiki'ed it at it doesn't seem it was a remake....but it does involve nazis and france...so maybe taratino was inspired by this italian film...but why use basically teh same title? hmm

here's the wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inglorious_Bastards

if somebody has any information about linking this movie with taratinos movie, you should share!!

Thanks! I know I felt this time around that I just had to watch this movie because it was Quentin ya know? But I honestly feel he could do so much better, and whats up with all the western music? The opening felt a lot like Once upon a time in the west, I think he should just do a great western, but I guess Kill Bill was sort of like that.

yeah.....didn't he use a couple songs that where in kill bill..... i dunno...i liked it...but i felt he could have been better....i wish they would have given more backstories about the basterds...like for example...why the fawk do they call Donny "The Bear Jew" and Aldo " The Apache".....i don't get it??

yeah.....didn't he use a couple songs that where in kill bill..... i dunno...i liked it...but i felt he could have been better....i wish they would have given more backstories about the basterds...like for example...why the fawk do they call Donny "The Bear Jew" and Aldo " The Apache".....i don't get it??

Its hard to hear but like I guess Aldo is because of the blood from his mountain decedent as for "the bear Jew" maybe cause he's hairy? :lol but seriously I would have loved to see more of the guy from Freaks and Geeks we never see him again, and he doesn't even get a back story. I was stoked for this movie years ago when it was going to be originally cast with Eddie Murphy and Adam Sandler, cause then Quinten could have made them badass characters but that all just fell through :monkey2

I wiki'ed it at it doesn't seem it was a remake....but it does involve nazis and france...so maybe taratino was inspired by this italian film...but why use basically teh same title? hmm

here's the wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inglorious_Bastards

if somebody has any information about linking this movie with taratinos movie, you should share!!

Tarantino was just paying homage to the original. The stories aren't similar and he changed the spelling of the title so it wouldn't even be a remake in name. That version of the DVD, which came out last summer, has a bonus feature of Tarantino interview the director. Enzo G. Castellari (the director) and Bo Svenson (one of the stars) both had cameos in Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds. The original was more of a spaghetti western than I war film, hence the style and music choices in Tarantino's film.

They call him "The Bear Jew" because he's big and burly like a bear. Aldo got the nickname Apache because of his ancestry and the fact that he scalps Nazi's.

there are at least 2 dialogue scenes that you think go on too long. But I realized as I was watching the second heavy dialogue scene that I should be annoyed at how talky this is, but I wasn't - I was enjoying the characters and the dialogue too much.

I really enjoyed the dialogue. It was back to classic Tarantino. And any heavy film buff should enjoy those scenes. Reminiscent of a scene in True Romance between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken in the trailer talking about Sicilians. A pure cinematic moment.

Tarantino was just paying homage to the original. The stories aren't similar and he changed the spelling of the title so it wouldn't even be a remake in name. That version of the DVD, which came out last summer, has a bonus feature of Tarantino interview the director. Enzo G. Castellari (the director) and Bo Svenson (one of the stars) both had cameos in Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds. The original was more of a spaghetti western than I war film, hence the style and music choices in Tarantino's film.

They call him "The Bear Jew" because he's big and burly like a bear. Aldo got the nickname Apache because of his ancestry and the fact that he scalps Nazi's.

OOOHHHHH I get it! Thanx!!! I might have to see it again...i think it's one of those movies that I would enjoy the 2nd time around!

saw it yesterday, loved it. and Im sure will just like it more with each additional viewing.

Spoiler Spoiler:

saw it yesterday, loved it. and Im sure will just like it more with each additional viewing.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Liked it, didn't love it. Not Tarantino's best, but then again that still makes it a really good movie compared to other peoples' work.

I wasn't blown away like I was with Pulp Fiction or Kill Bill, but I enjoyed it.

Just got back from seeing this and I really enjoyed it. Thought it had great dialogue, really good acting and was pretty damn funny. Definitely want to see it again while it's still in theaters.

Amazing movie.....favorite part for me was the bar episode.Funny thing was that most of the movie was in french...didnt even had to read the subtitles except for the German parts....

loved it, the whole bar scene with the Gestapo was so clever, the tension through dialogue alone was great, the veiled comments whilst everyone pretending to have fun

I've seen this twice now and can safely say IMO this might be my favorite Tarantino film. I just love this movie. Another great revenge tale. Brad Pitt is frickin hilarious! I hope to see Melanie Laurent and Christoph Waltz in future films. Hell, I could watch a film of Melanie Laurent doing dishes for 2 hours and not complain. She's absolutely gorgeous.

And the praise for Christoph Waltz can't be enough. He steals this movie and creates one of the all time great villains on screen.

Saw it the other day. Really enjoyed it. Next to Pulp Fiction, its probably my fav Tarantino film.

Back