Indiana Jones Toys McCoy queston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Entrophy Chicken is right, the previous posted Mccoy Indiana is a mix with RElic Hunter
Afbeelding11.png

Afbeelding10.png

I love this figure so much I took the accessories out of the blister to make sure I never felt tempted to sell it... there's just something about it, although maybe I'm just remembering the excitement I felt when it came out, which people who didn't buy it then won't have.

More Indy pics....

Toys McCoy’s Indiana Jones is limited to 3,000 individually numbered pieces.

The Outfit

The Indy gear that comes with this action figure is wonderfully made and detailed. The jacket, whip, bag strap, holster and gun belt are all leather. The jacket is very well made which is made just like the original Wested Leather jacket used in the films, it even includes side straps and accurately cut pocket flaps. It also comes with removable socks, Aldens, pants, shirt, web belt and fedora. Very well made, very accurate, an amazing sight.

Accessories

Toys McCoy also produced an assortment of accessories that came with the Indy figure. Most of the accessories proved to be very accurate and surprisingly detailed. The Toys McCoy Indy figure's accessories include:

* Fedora
* Satchel
* Die cast Revolver with rotating bullet chamber
* Real leather braided whip
* Whip holder
* Revolver Holster
* Web Belt
* Leather Gun Belt
* Sand Bag
* Stand
* Golden Fertility Idol
* Changeable hand for holding the idol is included

Arabian Horse

In addition to the 12-inch tall Indiana Jones figure, Toys McCoy also produced a highly detailed Arabian Horse as used by Indy in Raiders of the Lost Ark. The horse was sold separately from Indy, and is twice as hard to find.

Like Indy it is limited in number, but this time to only 1,000 pieces.

The Toys McCoy figure's time has come and gone. Sideshow's figure will easily eclipse it... and at a fraction of the price (Toys McCoy was $300-400 when it was first released).

It's still a nice collectible item... because of its rarity... but it's hardly the standard-bearer of 1:6 INDY anymore.

I love this figure so much I took the accessories out of the blister to make sure I never felt tempted to sell it... there's just something about it, although maybe I'm just remembering the excitement I felt when it came out, which people who didn't buy it then won't have.

I completely agree with you.

No doubt about it, when this figure came out it was a sight to behold. It was well before its time. But the advancement of the industry means that we can now have Indy figures that are more detailed and cheaper.

For a figure than is nearly a decade old the Toys McCoy Indy is indeed a great item (even if it was over-priced when it was originally released) and should be a prized piece in anyone's INDY collection.

I had a bid on ebay for $525 for a MIB Toys McCoy Indy, someone outbid me by $10 bucks, but looking back, I'm glad I lost it. I would have loved to have it in my collection, but after seeing Sideshow's, I'll probably be buying a few of those. Just hope he comes with out gloved hands as well. If anyone has a Toys McCoy loose for sale, shoot me a PM with a price. I'd still love to have it on the shelf.

From the pic that's on the front cover of Tomart's, the clothes won't be as good as the Toys McCoy version.

From the pic that's on the front cover of Tomart's, the clothes won't be as good as the Toys McCoy version.

Not so sure about that.... The Toys shirt is extremely well done, as are the web belt/gun belt and holster, but the pants are somewhat too baggy and loose fitting, and the jacket, while accurate right down to the leather-trimmed inside pocket, is too thick and hangs on him like a bulky winter parka. The shape of the fedora isn't nearly as good as the SideShow, either, and the strap on his bag was way way too wide (I replaced it.) And of course it was all un-weathered. I have two Toys McCoys, one mint(ish) in the box and another that I've tinkered around with for display purposes.

With a bit of weathering, I think it looks quite nice, but I still can't wait to get my hands on the SS Indy which has a far superior head sculpt and fedora, and the rest of the outfit looks quite nicely tailored too. And of course the body will blow the clunky Toys body out of the water for sure -- no articulation at all. Just a little dissapointed with the quality of SS's leather jacket, which looks like shiny vinyl.

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

Toys McCoy definitely has a place in 1/6 history, but like anything that old it just isn't going to hold up. Although I didn't realize its retail price was so high.

Back