InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, in my memory, those announcements were much closer together, but that could just be that I was late to the party learning of the Gandalf announcement.

As for the fact that we've heard nothing regarding timing for Aragorn's release as of yet, I've officially subscribed to the theory outlined above that they had so many Gandalf orders that they needed to prioritize and get those done before moving on to Aragorn.

I'm just so incredibly happy with Gandalf that I just can't wait to have someone to pose him with! And there could be no better choice for that than THIS Aragorn! My collector's frenzy on full display!
Gandalf was 18th of May 2022 and Aragorn was 8th of January 2023.

they need to release Batman first so Aragorn wont happen imo until Q2 (May-June) or even Q3.

I have so many things on pre-order. I'm glad that I am not starting the lord of the rings figure line. Between space and expenses i'm tapped out. I'm even tempted to sell my jazz 1966 Batmobile to make more room

I just think if sales of Gandalf and/or Aragorn were much higher than they expected...they should be happy and announce fewer other figures for preorder instead.

Like if they thought they sell 1000 Gandalfs but got 5000 orders in, why not think "hey we got much interest and have full productions, cool, lets announce fewer figures for now to produce all these extra Gandalfs first"

Otherwise you are bound to annoy customers

For inart it should matter if they sell 5000 Gandalfs or 2500 gandalfs + 2500 batmans...total amount of figures is the same and gives them money.

People should long be used to the wait times. Nothing new if it's the same with InArt.
True; but what they aren’t used to is a figure being released in “waves” over the course of months and months.
I’m fine with it, but then I received my Gandalf from Kit quite early, in his first wave. I’d probably be frustrated too if I were still waiting.

I just think if sales of Gandalf and/or Aragorn were much higher than they expected...they should be happy and announce fewer other figures for preorder instead.

Like if they thought they sell 1000 Gandalfs but got 5000 orders in, why not think "hey we got much interest and have full productions, cool, lets announce fewer figures for now to produce all these extra Gandalfs first"

Otherwise you are bound to annoy customers

For inart it should matter if they sell 5000 Gandalfs or 2500 gandalfs + 2500 batmans...total amount of figures is the same and gives them money.
One would like these figure manufacturers would do market surveys to have a general understanding of how many figures will sell or just take full preproduction orders and have that many made. We would probably have to wait longer getting figures but the manufacturer makes more profit, which allows them to create more figures and more collectors get the figures they want. It's a win, win. God bless capitalism.

They would absolutely make more money selling 5,000 Gandalfs, versus 2,500 Gandalf + 2,500 Batmans.

It's expensive to make the dies and molds for the casting processes for the pieces. (Not to mention all the overhead for the employee salaries during the design and development phase.)

So the more figures they sell of a specific character, the lower the cost per unit, which means the greater the profit per unit.

I have so many things on pre-order. I'm glad that I am not starting the lord of the rings figure line. Between space and expenses i'm tapped out. I'm even tempted to sell my jazz 1966 Batmobile to make more room

Weeeellll - I'd never say anyone shouldn't collect, moderate themselves, overhaul a collection etc. tho I idly think a simple display of Gandalf, Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas - and maybe Bilbo, depending on tastes, is more than enough to represent LOTR. Even a single Gandalf IMO is enough.

Too bad I wasn't thinking that way as my stacks of boxes grew to over 5 feet high :lol with multiple stacks. Good times, good times. 😁

But - between feeling like it's enough and price increases - I seriously pruned back. Feel like I was fortunate enough to be around for some amazing on screen journeys from Pirates of the Caribbean to SW to Middle Earth and the "golden age of the MCU". There's others I guess like the Godfather and John Wick and the Alien/Predator/Terminator franchises and the DC universe.

I think I have enough, except for the occasional choice piece. But I can wait on Aragorn; like it's been pointed out it's an opportunity to save up to pay off for the eventual release.

I kinda feel it's time to avoid so many figures from multiple companies and stick to InArt and a few good releases but like many stated you can't have it all. Better to purge the collection and only buy what's important or something you have a connection to.

Last edited:
I kinda feel it's time to avoid so many figures from multiple companies and stick to InArt and a few good releases but like many stated you can't have it all. Better to purge the collection and only buy what's important or something you have a connection to.
That’s funny. I’m purging partly for that reason and partly because I looked around my basement at all the figures and thought, you know, I just might have a problem…

That’s funny. I’m purging partly for that reason and partly because I looked around my basement at all the figures and thought, you know, I just might have a problem…
I feel the same. To much of a clutter from a bunch of figures some I actually don't really need but I like. I think sticking to a few important ones is what I need but selling them off is a nightmare.

I feel the same. To much of a clutter from a bunch of figures some I actually don't really need but I like. I think sticking to a few important ones is what I need but selling them off is a nightmare.
Where do ya'll sell your figures?

I've just purged my Star Wars Hot Toys collection. Sold 16 so far, few more to go. I think I'm just bored of them, to be honest. Already sold off my prequel and Mando figures a year or so ago. I've kept a Luke (one of 9 that I had, ridiculous), a Vader and R2. All I have left are some Lord Of The Rings bits, a couple Dark Knight figures and some recently acquired Spider-Man stuff.

Same sort of rationale to others in here, I only want a few things that really mean something to me, this Aragorn being the prime example. The collection had got way out of control for the space I have at home as well. My wife was actually trying to discourage me from selling them when I first told her my plans, but it actually felt pretty good to have a clear out.

Man, I feel this in my bones. I really need to purge at least a big chunk of this collection, but the idea of it is SO overwhelming. I've had a bunch of different collections over the years and gone through cycles of collecting and purging. But as I got older, the collectibles have gotten more expensive, so getting rid of them became a much more complicated thing. I can't just go down to the local comic shop anymore with a few boxes of 1990s Star Wars figures and dump them in bulk for a few pennies. Mostly because there are no more local comic shops here anymore. But also because the stuff I collect is way more expensive than five or ten dollar figures. There's finding all the boxes, repackaging, shipping (costs and logistics), bad buyers, taking pictures, ebay fees, and on and on and on. So much work and so much anxiety. I wish there was a relatively inexpensive service that would just come to my house and take the stuff away and deal with all of that for me!

Man, I feel this in my bones. I really need to purge at least a big chunk of this collection, but the idea of it is SO overwhelming. I've had a bunch of different collections over the years and gone through cycles of collecting and purging. But as I got older, the collectibles have gotten more expensive, so getting rid of them became a much more complicated thing. I can't just go down to the local comic shop anymore with a few boxes of 1990s Star Wars figures and dump them in bulk for a few pennies. Mostly because there are no more local comic shops here anymore. But also because the stuff I collect is way more expensive than five or ten dollar figures. There's finding all the boxes, repackaging, shipping (costs and logistics), bad buyers, taking pictures, ebay fees, and on and on and on. So much work and so much anxiety. I wish there was a relatively inexpensive service that would just come to my house and take the stuff away and deal with all of that for me!
Yes sold all mine now and concentrating only on high end figures like from Inart, though I did have a preorder still to come, the Present Toys blade which Ill keep for a few months then sell on.
Call me a snob but after seeing Inarts stuff I cannot bring myself to buy anything below these standards any longer lol

Back