InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is this an example of the production head?
If so- holy crap- I’ll be over the moon with this thing!

I showed my mum as she’s a big LOTR and Aragorn fan as well and she said ‘Wow, that’s so detailed and intricate. How much does something like that cost?’

To which I replied-
View attachment 682324
Compared to hot toys figures this is a steal. Particularly if you are going the fully sculpted root as I am. Not that this undercuts your point. Still paying as much as a dishwasher for a damn doll.

Compared to hot toys figures this is a steal. Particularly if you are going the fully sculpted root as I am. Not that this undercuts your point. Still paying as much as a dishwasher for a damn doll.

Oh, my god, you're right.

I just had to replace our dishwasher this month and had to drop around $700 on it. It really stung. But I didn't even blink when I pre-ordered this figure.

My brain isn't okay.

That’s almost certainly the prototype sculpt that they shot for the social media post.
If the text also relates to the prototype then it’s no wonder it’s the best looking figure we’ve ever seen.
They spent a whole year painting it with single-bristled brushes to achieve the highest possible level of realism.

Oh, my god, you're right.

I just had to replace our dishwasher this month and had to drop around $700 on it. It really stung. But I didn't even blink when I pre-ordered this figure.

My brain isn't okay.
Nah. Stuff like a dishwasher, vacuum cleaners, tires etc. - that's just basic life stuff for a fairly basic life in today's world. I'm looking at dropping $$$$ on a new laptop 'coz - these days, you need a computer.

With hobbies that's free choice. Look, I've got a relative who dines out every weekend at pricey places. I wouldn't, knowing the long term payoff for that :monkey3. I guess you could say he doesn't have to deal with boxes tho. Personally I don't see the point of buying a luxury car, with all the maintenance and increased insurance, but my neighbor does. $$$$

I tend to not tell people how much I spend on figures because frankly it’s kind of embarrassing.

Ditto, I guess, looking around at my collection. Thing is tho, the other night I was looking at my Iron Studios 1/4 pieces and thinking "man, I still love those statues". It's like moments frozen in time *warm fuzzies*. Folks can argue the point but IMO a good 1/6 is like a little bit of art - all the work that goes into making something to scale. I look at a good HT sculpt - the best of them are eerie with the likeness - and I can't figure out how they paint that, or make those eyes - teeny tiny production work, yet, with the tiny lines around the eyes and the toning that's done.

*Shrug* I wouldn't spend thousands on customs, but there are folks that do. It's worth it to them. Hopefully folks know when it's time to draw the line re their budgets. Thing is with InArt taking its time, in theory there's time to put money aside to take the sting (no pun intended) out.

For half a grand were getting real leather clothes right?

giphy.gif

Every company follows the money...so if they see thats where the money is, they will go that route first. Everything else will be second.
I always love **** like this. What money? Who's money? They're literally taking a guess and hoping for the best. Dc = dead company. Guess they didn't get the memo that no one cares about that Joker anymore so good luck chasing all that imaginary money

I always love **** like this. What money? Who's money? They're literally taking a guess and hoping for the best. Dc = dead company. Guess they didn't get the memo that no one cares about that Joker anymore so good luck chasing all that imaginary money
A gracious "Ignore" from me 😎 you get. Peace!

All I know is we arent getting any pleather, which as sad as it is that makes me happy enough.

Still wonder why Aragorn costs less than Gandalf

You would think his face and three day beard is harder to do than gandalf and clothes are also harder to create than the robes

Still wonder why Aragorn costs less than Gandalf

You would think his face and three day beard is harder to do than gandalf and clothes are also harder to create than the robes
Has to be the quantity of rooted hair. If you look at the sculpted vs rooted batman or Aragorn, it's about a $120-$150 difference. Beard has to be at least half again as much hair as the head.

Was tempted to get the Batman by IA, but I'm trying to be better with my spending in 2024 so I will resist lol.
I know what you mean. I'm already failing this year. I just placed another order for the premium Aragorn this morning. I'm tempted to order the standard The Batman so I can display the rooted headsculpt on my premium.

Back