InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely want a range of colours variance in his hair.
Depending on how damp or greasy it is, or how much light is hitting his hair changes the tone.

This is one of the greatest benefits of rooted hair for me. Sculpted has to have sophisticated paint apps to capture what real hair will do naturally.

This is a subtle example in quite flat lighting where his hair is cleaner than usual, after the fellowship's stint in Lothlorien, that shows the range of tonality.
1697306720828.png

We've got all sorts of references for Aragorn's hair being light brown all the way to almost black.

Brown to borderline blonde
1697306880891.png

Black
1697306942123.png

Beautiful bastard
1697306999581.png

You guys all blonde haired or something? This is pretty common trait of human hair... I have "black" hair but it looks more dark brown in sunlight.

Yup. It's a photo white balance issue.
The new convention pic features multiple different colors lights, and a (warmer) top light that is adding highlights to the hair, while the promotional pic features a very even colored studio lighting setup.

Good points all around people. I think it’s mostly a matter of hair product and lighting. I just thought it odd that the rooted color matches to the sculpted version more in the protos than here. I know difference in materials matter but regardless, they should match decently well.

After a successful 2 figures I trust inart.
Gandalf inhand speaks for itself and I believe when this comes out it will either be on Parr if not better.
That hair will look great on Thorin. :monkey3 Thorin, Thranduil, Galadriel. The best hair in Middle Earth.

Good points all around people. I think it’s mostly a matter of hair product and lighting. I just thought it odd that the rooted color matches to the sculpted version more in the protos than here. I know difference in materials matter but regardless, they should match decently well.

For the price this had better be epic - tho I never thought that much about Aragorn's hair. I AM hoping they fixed the jacket length:eek: and adding the lacing on sleeves and back would be good too. Is this fig imminent this quarter? I need to budget with holidays coming up.:eek:

I definitely want a range of colours variance in his hair.
Depending on how damp or greasy it is, or how much light is hitting his hair changes the tone.

This is one of the greatest benefits of rooted hair for me. Sculpted has to have sophisticated paint apps to capture what real hair will do naturally.

This is a subtle example in quite flat lighting where his hair is cleaner than usual, after the fellowship's stint in Lothlorien, that shows the range of tonality.
View attachment 669205

We've got all sorts of references for Aragorn's hair being light brown all the way to almost black.

Brown to borderline blonde
View attachment 669206

Black
View attachment 669207

Beautiful bastard
View attachment 669208
The only male I accept with long hair lol

I felt if I was to get any Aragorn the rooted would be the one. I've seen dozens of custom Aragorns with Rooted hair, this is worth it. Same goes with Gandalf. Ironically the whole fellowship will probably have rooted hair.

Back