InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My SS Aragorn waiting for this piece to arrive.

46abffca987944f07fff09196b4a15b2_w200.gif

Well, I'll put in a positive for those old SS figs, since I grabbed the old SS Faramir vambraces to replace ASMUS (which only had one arm correct, a foul up there...:pfft:) and got Boromir's horn besides. I own the SS Obi. Seems like for their time and at about 100$ ??? these aren't bad figs. I can see why folks would keep or collect them.

That's something I need to ponder, the *collision* between old and new. Was never a problem because I couldn't buy customs anyway. But would I spend 300$+ on a Nazgul with silk robes (what the films used). I know I wouldn't.

So I caved and bought the rooted hair version, even though I’ve also preordered the sculpted version. I think I’ll be using the hooded cloak on the sculpted one inspired by Striders first appearance in The Prancing Pony.

So I caved and bought the rooted hair version, even though I’ve also preordered the sculpted version. I think I’ll be using the hooded cloak on the sculpted one inspired by Striders first appearance in The Prancing Pony.
Same here, have both ordered. Based on most recent photos, I knew I'd regret not having the rooted and the sculpted is looking rough to me. Hopefully it's better in hand.

Although he’s looking incredible, my main concern is his hair color. In the latest images, in the promo images, his hair color was pretty consistent and a fairly dark color while in more recent images it seems lighter with globs of dark, probably from whatever product used for styling. Is anyone else seeing that or am I nuts? Or both :cuckoo:

63AC9590-AD3E-4F61-AF82-477650B05B0F.png

Although he’s looking incredible, my main concern is his hair color. In the latest images, in the promo images, his hair color was pretty consistent and a fairly dark color while in more recent images it seems lighter with globs of dark, probably from whatever product used for styling. Is anyone else seeing that or am I nuts? Or both :cuckoo:

View attachment 669119
His skin color is also different and his outfit is too. Because of lighting.
Every review will have him different, just as it was with Gandalf. So, just wait for the final product.

I can see it, but its hard to say with different lighting, environment, camera and stuff like that, that could be affecting it.

Right right. I definitely know lighting is a huge factor and we’re gonna see colors shift. It’s just a little odd that in the latest pics, there’s a wider range of value in the hair where as in the original proto its a darker and tighter value range, if that makes sense.

Right right. I definitely know lighting is a huge factor and we’re gonna see colors shift. It’s just a little odd that in the latest pics, there’s a wider range of value in the hair where as in the original proto its a darker and tighter value range, if that makes sense.
Well technically speaking real human hair isn't one shade. Even Hot Toys mixed IW Black Widow "platinum blonde" with at least 2 different fiber colors.

So in theory if InArt is using different shades of hair mixed, it's kind of a bonus IMO. Not saying lighting isn't a factor, but also there's whatever they are using as a product to get a damp look.

Back