InArt - Dune: Paul Atreides

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol The black round base is more of a "when in doubt" preference because it's hard to screw up. And I can still replace the InArt base with a simple black base if I wanted to. Not the case with statues.

I gotcha. Just messing with you man.

Good looking figure, not sure if it's for me or not. My partner's a big fan of the first movie but I'm waiting til the second one is out to see them both together. I'll reallly need to love it to warrant the purchase as design wise this doesn't do much for my tastes.

Not sure how this will sell given the niche and competition, possibly InArt's first high risk release? Well, if they're made to order that's probably not too much of an issue. But this isn't Joker or Gandalf and will be a very interesting exercise in how many people are willing to pay a premium for the 'best' figure rather than a perfectly good one at cheaper price point like Aug's range for a modern movie, albeit with an existing fandom.

I guess this is the big question as a fan we'll be asked in the future:

Do you want the epitome of quality and presentation of the lead character?

Or do you want to go deeper into the cast with more figures at a lesser price/quality point?

I doubt the market can bear both for their target demographic and price point.
To a lesser extent this has previously been asked as choice in scale, but not so much in 1/6th.

Or do you want to go deeper into the cast with more figures at a lesser price/quality point?
Yes and yes.

This is why I like InArt having licences like Lord of the Rings, Batman, JL, Harry Potter etc; I can now have the absolute best version of the main characters from IA and still get ahold of supporting cast to fill out the collection via the likes of Asmus or 3Ps.

If I decide to get into Dune, I’d go for IA’s Paul and then pad the cast out with Aug Toys. Still need a better look at this figure though where the face isn’t obscured in order to see if it really is that much better than Aug to justify the additional cost.

Yes and yes.

This is why I like InArt having licences like Lord of the Rings, Batman, JL, Harry Potter etc; I can now have the absolute best version of the main characters from IA and still get ahold of supporting cast to fill out the collection via the likes of Asmus or 3Ps.

If I decide to get into Dune, I’d go for IA’s Paul and then pad the cast out with Aug Toys. Still need a better look at this figure though where the face isn’t obscured in order to see if it really is that much better than Aug to justify the additional cost.
Same

Looking at the aug toys, i like it more except iam a big fan of real hair. So this is a real toss for me. And lets see the price too.

Looks really good to me.
Image from Reddit.
prbq2rgg4meb1.jpg
InArt really are signalling a massive key change in 1/6 figure development. This hobby is getting interesting again 😀

Good looking figure, not sure if it's for me or not. My partner's a big fan of the first movie but I'm waiting til the second one is out to see them both together. I'll reallly need to love it to warrant the purchase as design wise this doesn't do much for my tastes.

Not sure how this will sell given the niche and competition, possibly InArt's first high risk release? Well, if they're made to order that's probably not too much of an issue. But this isn't Joker or Gandalf and will be a very interesting exercise in how many people are willing to pay a premium for the 'best' figure rather than a perfectly good one at cheaper price point like Aug's range for a modern movie, albeit with an existing fandom.

I guess this is the big question as a fan we'll be asked in the future:

I doubt the market can bear both for their target demographic and price point.
To a lesser extent this has previously been asked as choice in scale, but not so much in 1/6th.
You raise a valid question and interesting point. I choose the former and latter. By mixing both up.

Last edited:
This looks very nice. Although Dune Part 2 is my most anticipated movie of the year, I’m still not sure if I’ll get this line.
However if I do jump in, I’d probably be in for:
Paul
Chani
Jessica
Leto
Jessica (+Alia)
Feyd Rautha
Baron Harkonnen
Rabban
Princess Irulan

Last edited:
Back