InArt Christopher Reeve Superman/Clark Kent

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly, all this doom and gloom over a very early prototype as a sneak preview is a bit over the top. We have demonstrable evidence that when InArt eventually solicits their products, it is always at a high standard. All these negative comments will probably put off InArt from showing early prototypes.

For me, this is something I am very much looking forward to, although I just want the Superman. I am not even remotely worried that it will be a high-quality product.
Especially during the official reveal, the quality quite sky rockets just like how Henry Cavill Superman was. Most likely the people complaining are doing it for click bait, or doesn’t know how inart works their products.

I just watched all 4 movies again and wow, the Clark Kent is a must have for me. The changing of personas from Reeves was so captivating, almost made Clark more interesting than Superman himself in some scenes.

DABE005A-89CB-409E-A146-20252DCD952A.jpeg
05D73C55-9A47-4F79-8C85-F85D500C1AFF.jpeg

The reeves sculpt has a skinny neck, same issue as Cavill. But the Clark sculpt has a more thicker neck, probably because it’s easier to adjust since it’s seamless.

The nose looks and eyes look good, but they need to adjust the jawline, forehead eyebrows etc. S is also too small but no doubt they will adjust it.

Especially during the official reveal, the quality quite sky rockets just like how Henry Cavill Superman was. Most likely the people complaining are doing it for click bait, or doesn’t know how inart works their products.

I just watched all 4 movies again and wow, the Clark Kent is a must have for me. The changing of personas from Reeves was so captivating, almost made Clark more interesting than Superman himself in some scenes.

View attachment 669359View attachment 669360

The reeves sculpt has a skinny neck, same issue as Cavill. But the Clark sculpt has a more thicker neck, probably because it’s easier to adjust since it’s seamless.

The nose looks and eyes look good, but they need to adjust the jawline, forehead eyebrows etc. S is also too small but no doubt they will adjust it.
They need to make him look more handsome 😂

I loved him as both Clark and Superman. Even now 45 years later his performance is so amazing.

He understood the assignment immediately. A considerable feat for a then 25 year old actor with few roles under his belt.

Gerry Anderson marionette. WTF are those proportions.

View attachment 666520
From my experience as a 3d character artist, I would say....if these heads were digitally sculpted, that they almost look like they were sculpted using an orthographic camera rather than a perspective camera with a real world focal length and FOV...but that would be a real rookie mistake.

I know IA have their reasons for showing this, but man it gets worse every time I step into this thread. Perhaps they want the "Wow, look at those improvements from proto to production" reactions. I don't know. There are more things wrong with both of these figure than right. I guess their track record gives them some leeway. They will improve on the proto. Not because they can, but because they have to.

Yeah, it’s nice to see what companies are working on but a product should meet a certain standard before being shown to the public for intense scrutiny.

A simple tease that this is in the works would have held people over for a while- and there were plenty of other figures on show so it’s not like they were desperate to find display pieces.

Now InArt have to contend with a huge amount of negative feedback that pretty much adds up to redoing the entire set.
Change the base, the suit material, rethink the stitching approach, fix the sculpts, the body, the hat, the expressions and so on.

A solid single sculpt would have been fantastic on display. Would have left people wanting more. Instead we have lackluster figures with questionable decisions.

Yeah, it’s nice to see what companies are working on but a product should meet a certain standard before being shown to the public for intense scrutiny.

A simple tease that this is in the works would have held people over for a while- and there were plenty of other figures on show so it’s not like they were desperate to find display pieces.

Now InArt have to contend with a huge amount of negative feedback that pretty much adds up to redoing the entire set.
Change the base, the suit material, rethink the stitching approach, fix the sculpts, the body, the hat, the expressions and so on.
I still feel that transparency matters most. I’m part of the instant gratification generation that likes stuff now, but, more than that, I like that we get to have input into what this figure will turn into. You don’t get to draw comparisons and make changes when all you have to go on is a headless promo shot or the shadowy backs of heads. I almost feel like IA could literally outsource a lot of the heavy lifting on releases like this to consumers who will point them in the right direction if they just say “you know what? We’re doing Reeve Superman. Let’s just ballpark it and they’ll tell us what we need to fix.”

To me, that inspires tons of confidence in a brand, it inspires confidence that, if I’m paying a lot of money for something I really want, I’m going to get a say in how good it turns out to be and that I know the company in question is doing something to the best of their ability to deliver the best possible product without it just being “if you don’t like it, don’t buy it.”

I still feel that transparency matters most. I’m part of the instant gratification generation that likes stuff now, but, more than that, I like that we get to have input into what this figure will turn into. You don’t get to draw comparisons and make changes when all you have to go on is a headless promo shot or the shadowy backs of heads. I almost feel like IA could literally outsource a lot of the heavy lifting on releases like this to consumers who will point them in the right direction if they just say “you know what? We’re doing Reeve Superman. Let’s just ballpark it and they’ll tell us what we need to fix.”

To me, that inspires tons of confidence in a brand, it inspires confidence that, if I’m paying a lot of money for something I really want, I’m going to get a say in how good it turns out to be and that I know the company in question is doing something to the best of their ability to deliver the best possible product without it just being “if you don’t like it, don’t buy it.”
That’s a nice thought- but a company shouldn’t need us to tell them that their sculpt looks terrible.

That should have been apparent to them and enough on its own to delay any unveiling.

We had little things to point out with The Batman like his nose poking out and the overly leathery texture of the cowl, and a few accuracy issues with Aragorn concerning the length of his boots, the belt buckle, scabbard straps, missing sleeve details that are very constructive criticisms and have all since been addressed.

The problem with showing a figure this early in development (first draft according to sources at the show) is that so much of it requires so much refining, it’s difficult to give precise advise on where exactly to focus their efforts since essentially everything needs to be ‘better.’

That’s a nice thought- but a company shouldn’t need us to tell them that their sculpt looks terrible.

That should have been apparent to them and enough on its own to delay any unveiling.

We had little things to point out with The Batman like his nose poking out and the overly leathery texture of the cowl, and a few accuracy issues with Aragorn concerning the length of his boots, the belt buckle, scabbard straps, missing sleeve details that are very constructive criticisms and have all since been addressed.

The problem with showing a figure this early in development (first draft according to sources at the show) is that so much of it requires so much refining, it’s difficult to give precise advise on where exactly to focus their efforts since essentially everything needs to be ‘better.’

IMG_2745.jpeg

The difference is, that would have still been the best Aragorn figure ever made whereas this Reeve set doesn't even competes with the outdated Ht figure.

So are you saying it’s OK to show something so early in development when it is passable but not when it misses the mark so heavily?

Who is to decide that differential apart from InArt themselves?

Perhaps InArt thought this was passable for an early prototype?

IMG_4796.png

Played around with the potential of the sculpt. If they make it similar to this with a higher quality in paint and texture, it will be amazing. Reeves is such as difficult person to do. Even this edit can't do him justice. The lighting also is pretty bad to have both of his sides lit up.

S needs to be bigger, and collar bone needs to be shown. :)

Would be awesome if we could create a flying pose like this one. It would require new articulation for the shoulders & neck that I’ve never seen on a 1/6 figure.

IMG_5205.jpeg

I know IA have their reasons for showing this, but man it gets worse every time I step into this thread. Perhaps they want the "Wow, look at those improvements from proto to production" reactions. I don't know. There are more things wrong with both of these figure than right. I guess their track record gives them some leeway. They will improve on the proto. Not because they can, but because they have to.
Exactly. The opposite of hype

Back