InArt Christopher Reeve Superman/Clark Kent

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all know there are a million things to fix with this prototype but these are a few blatantly obvious places to start (other than the headsculpt and shag carpet base). The S, underwear, and most blatant of all- the neck/shoulder area. Everything in that neck shoulder area is totally wrong and that is really the part you need to nail with this character. Since the costume is so simple you really need to nail Reeve's body shape and how it fits his shoulders/ neck.
View attachment 667119
Those changes alone + a good sculpt would do wonders for this figure. Even does a better job at showing off the underlying body that they're currently using, which actually looks to be at a good place. Maybe a touch wider on the torso but otherwise it looks to be pretty damn close. Definitely all things they can achieve.

zoVxzci.jpg

Last edited:
We all know there are a million things to fix with this prototype but these are a few blatantly obvious places to start (other than the headsculpt and shag carpet base). The S, underwear, and most blatant of all- the neck/shoulder area. Everything in that neck shoulder area is totally wrong and that is really the part you need to nail with this character. Since the costume is so simple you really need to nail Reeve's body shape and how it fits his shoulders/ neck.
View attachment 667119
Even with that sculpt the figure looks 100 times better with those fixes! I hope someone sends this to InArt.

These tweaks aren't even taking into consideration the awful shag rug looking base or the fact it looks like the figure is wearing a knitted wool sweater as opposed to the more spandex looking promo shot- which absolutely needs to be addressed. As I've said getting the material to match on this figure is crucial and going to be EXTREMELY difficult at this scale. Even the creators being JND's 1/3 statue knew this- Kojun: "...and for this piece, we decided to express the outfit by 3D modeling and painting, instead of using fabric. We tried using fabric and there were points about the fabric that got in the way for me in terms of realism. And as you know for The Batman, we pride ourselves in our ability to create texture through 3D modeling." If it was almost impossible at 1/3, good luck with 1/6 but they have to at least pick a material thats as good as hot toys. This material they currently have chosen is an embarrassment.

I essentially traced over the reference photo so it's incredibly accurate. I only focused on the neck/shoulders, S, and underpants (I technically changed his neck a bit right where it enters into the headsculpt because the neck was way too tapered, but I'm just gonna assume everything about the exposed skin is already getting fixed). I assume there are some other little things that could be nitpicked but I think we should send these bigger issues and get them dealt with before we ask for other parts of his body to be changed by half a millimeter.

superman2.gif

Last edited:
These tweaks aren't even taking into consideration the awful shag rug looking base or the fact it looks like the figure is wearing a knitted wool sweater as opposed to the more spandex looking promo shot- which absolutely needs to be addressed. As I've said getting the material to match on this figure is crucial and going to be EXTREMELY difficult at this scale. Even the creators being JND's 1/3 statue knew this- Kojun: "...and for this piece, we decided to express the outfit by 3D modeling and painting, instead of using fabric. We tried using fabric and there were points about the fabric that got in the way for me in terms of realism. And as you know for The Batman, we pride ourselves in our ability to create texture through 3D modeling." If it was almost impossible at 1/3, good luck with 1/6 but they have to at least pick a material thats as good as hot toys. This material they currently have chosen is an embarrassment.

I essentially traced over the reference photo so it's incredibly accurate. I only focused on the neck/shoulders, S, and underpants (I technically changed his neck a bit right where it enters into the headsculpt because the neck was way too tapered, but I'm just gonna assume everything about the exposed skin is already getting fixed). I assume there are some other little things that could be nitpicked but I think we should send these bigger issues and get them dealt with before we ask for other parts of his body to be changed by half a millimeter.

View attachment 667174
If you have FB send this to InArt. The more people pointing out the issues the more likely they are to address them.

Yes, do this…Inarts seems to be a company that listens to constructive criticism. And remember every other release they have done has been spot on even though they’re early prototypes haven’t been perfect, but the end results have been spectacular on each and everyone IMO.

Just got her in the forum and inart missed another neck proportion prototype similar to Cavill Superman. They do have a lot of time to change it though.

Also I’m not sold off the tailoring of Clark Kent’s clothes they look 3rd party to me.

I still don't understand why people want a stitched symbol at this scale. It just simply doesn't work and doesn't look screen accurate at all.
I think it’s less that they want a stitched symbol and more that they don’t want an iron-on or a decal that peels off. It makes me wonder, though: would screen-printing or silk-screening do the trick?

I think it’s less that they want a stitched symbol and more that they don’t want an iron-on or a decal that peels off. It makes me wonder, though: would screen-printing or silk-screening do the trick?
the JND statue has a material looking sticker for the S on his cape. Maybe something like that is a happy medium

I'm reminded of their early Aragorn reveal that wasn't super impressive. I have hopes that they can keep tweaking this. I had my HT Superman on my "never sell" list, but if these come out amazing, I'll be tempted to revise that list. :)

As good as their Cavill likeness is, it's surprising they'd be this off with Christopher Reeve.

Now I'm kinda hoping they'll try a Routh Superman someday. It'd be cool if InArt goes into all the previous DC movies.

Crazy how people are still worried about Inart messing up, they literally made Aragorn one of the best 1/6 figures after their initial proto, along with their other releases.

They’re going to fix it, and if it’s not during the first official unveiling; THEN we freak out.
I’m not sure it’s crazy to worry about Inart messing up. The likeness is one thing, but it’s not everything.

Blu-tac holding the back of sculpts together, heads rolling loose in their containers, eyes that were mis-aligned and stands that couldn’t hold the figures up safely.

How soon we forget the lessons of the joker.

I’m not sure it’s crazy to worry about Inart messing up. The likeness is one thing, but it’s not everything.

Blu-tac holding the back of sculpts together, heads rolling loose in their containers, eyes that were mis-aligned and stands that couldn’t hold the figures up safely.

How soon we forget the lessons of the joker.
I agree Likeness is very important, but also the body, tailoring etc. We learned that from their Cavill that their bodies need lots of tweaking.

Those other issues are more packaging and technical difficulties they need to adjust for all figures not just this. Which I hope they improve for their upcoming releases. (Especially the bases)

Back