InArt Christopher Reeve Superman/Clark Kent

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT actually did a good job, my only nitpick was the body was a tad too small for the sculpt...

1696361696925.png

The sticker on my HT Reeve didn't crack but I always felt it looked cheap. Didn't like the shiny material they used for the suit either.

The sculpt was great though even if the paint apps are now outdated.

I'm open to InArt trying something other than stitching the emblem but not stickers.

People are complaining the fabric doesn’t look right at this scale but are happy to have a sticker/decal instead?

Doesn’t make sense to me.
Because the goal should be to make it look as close as possible at this scale. This photo looks much closer to a vinyl sticker than something knitted out of wool- which is what the stitched S looks like on this prototype. I'm not even pushing for a sticker necessarily. Optimally they need to find a finer material in general for the entire suit and then screenprint directly onto it. In every video of Reeves that suit looks like spandex anyways, it's not until you zoom way way in that you can specificy what kind of material it is. Just find a synthetic material like spandex, something with finer stitching. The InArt material is even worse than the hot toys material.
1696365229193.png

Last edited:
Siento lo mismo cada vez que veo una tirada personalizada del traje con él cosido. El borde siempre parece demasiado espantoso.

Hay que hacerlo de manera que el borde sea apenas visible . Solo lo he visto hecho correctamente en estatuas de mayor escala, ya que tienen más espacio para jugar a esa escala al esculpirlas. Simplemente no creo que sea posible en 1/6, pero me encantaría que me demuestren que estoy equivocado. El borde del símbolo no debería distraer mis ojos del resto.

El problema es que tampoco creo que pegarle una pegatina de ****** en el pecho sea la forma de hacerlo. Es difícil de resolver.

1/6:
VtAlhag.png
bUjZxgj.png

1/3:
km3uyb2.png

Película:
8dca0c7a502098f35d562d66132448f5.gif

b8lAUoc.png

Xj5xEDA.png
As far as I know, the JND statue is not made of cloth. The entire costume was sculpted because they couldn't make it work with fabric.

Last edited:
Logo needs to be bigger, neck line also wrong, pants not tight enough. Face needs lots of work. Eyes wrong and jaw not square enough also chin to small and needs the cleft, nose needs to be straighter. To be honest I think the whole thing needs a re-sculpt.View attachment 666894
View attachment 666921
Borrowed from Myenshi on the previous page, the suit looks more like Supergirls with the small emblem and curved neckline.
That comparison really shows how inaccurate the trunks and small emblem are!

As far as I know, the JND statue is not made of cloth. The entire costume was sculpted because they couldn't make it work with fabric.
If that’s true then JND have done some God-tier sculpting and painting there.
Also shows that everyone should abandon any hope of InArt finding a fabric to work at 1/6 scale.

If that’s true then JND have done some God-tier sculpting and painting there.
Yup, the sculpting of the suit really is incredible and is one of the things that got me to order one, the other being how incredible the Cark Kent half looked. The micro sculpted detail of the fabric weave is pretty impressive. For the superman piece, the cape is still cloth but the rest is entirely sculpted. For all intents and purposes, this looks like real fabric and would probably fool most if not all until you actually touch it.

JND-Superman13.jpg

JND-Superman14.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, the sculpting of the suit really is incredible and is one of the things that got me to order one. The micro sculpted detail of the fabric weave is pretty impressive. For the superman piece, the cape is still cloth but the rest is entirely sculpted. For all intents and purposes, this looks like real fabric and would probably fool most if not all until you actually touch it.

View attachment 667103

View attachment 667104
This is absolutely incredible. If you guys had to choose between an articulated figure or a more accurate 1/6 statue like JND which would you prefer? I would also prefer whatever can give the most accurate look.

Yup, the sculpting of the suit really is incredible and is one of the things that got me to order one. The micro sculpted detail of the fabric weave is pretty impressive. For the superman piece, the cape is still cloth but the rest is entirely sculpted. For all intents and purposes, this looks like real fabric and would probably fool most if not all until you actually touch it.

View attachment 667103

View attachment 667104
I just refuse to believe this isn't fabric. It looks incredible. The head sculpt needs some work, but man the suit. It's perfect

This is absolutely incredible. If you guys had to choose between an articulated figure or a more accurate 1/6 statue like JND which would you prefer? I would also prefer whatever can give the most accurate look.
I don't think I would go as small as 1/6 scale for a highly detailed statue like this. I've always liked something bigger for statues. I'd go for 1/5 scale probably at the smallest as I think that's a happy medium of not too big like 1/4 and of course 1/3, but also not as small as 1/6 where we already have enough competitors in that space and especially not as small as 1:10 like what Iron Studios mostly does. I know 1/5 isn't your standard scale and doesn't really go with anything, but I think it would be a way to stand apart in a sea of other companies who are all doing one of the aforementioned scales.

With 1/4, and even more so with 1/3, it always feels like I have to REALLY like the character if I'm going to buy something that's going to take up that much space. Even right now, I'm already dreading the amount of space both the box and the actual statues themselves will take up for the 2 JND pieces I have on order (3 if you consider I have the Clark Kent and Superman set on order). Even when I had more space than I currently do, I was maxed out at 8 quarter scale statues. But 1/5 like the Sideshow Star Wars Mythos line or the DC "lovers" line (for lack of a better term) seems like a really good medium where they're big enough to have some real presence, but small enough to still be able to collect a decent amount of them.

Last edited:
We all know there are a million things to fix with this prototype but these are a few blatantly obvious places to start (other than the headsculpt and shag carpet base). The S, underwear, and most blatant of all- the neck/shoulder area. Everything in that neck shoulder area is totally wrong and that is really the part you need to nail with this character. Since the costume is so simple you really need to nail Reeve's body shape and how it fits his shoulders/ neck.
superman.gif

Back