InArt Christopher Reeve Superman/Clark Kent

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both Yunsil and Geewhiz did great jobs at the fully stitched in S on the chest, so InArt should be able to accomplish it as well.

Edit: here’s the Yunsil. Skullboy posted the geewhiz

1696024959473.jpeg

I agree but it would be incredibly hard to get that kind of fine stitching in 1/6. That’s really going to be the challenge of this figure in general. At baseline reeves costume is very “doll-like”. It’s not something that easily will translate to 1/6, it’s not piles of layered rags like a lord of the rings character or even something that has an interesting rubberized texture like cavill superman. The only way get around that would be to find incredible thin material and make the stitching incredibly thin. I am really interested to see how this translates to 1/6 in a way that won’t make it look like a Barbie doll. If anyone can do it inart can.
Custom ones were for sale on ebay, I nearly bought one but decided to sell the figure instead
supes custom emblem.jpg

Last edited:
Custom ones were for sale on ebay, I nearly bought one but decided to sell the figure instead
That outfit is very doll like. You need much thinner material, that looks like a scuba suit. The custom body of this thing is going to have to do all the heavy lifting of making it look like reeves. Just throwing a better headsculpt on that custom wouldn’t come close to cutting it. Those reeves statues a few pages back look amazing though. Bigger scale and highly custom body.

That outfit is very doll like. You need much thinner material, that looks like a scuba suit. The custom body of this thing is going to have to do all the heavy lifting of making it look like reeves. Just throwing a better headsculpt on that custom wouldn’t come close to cutting it. Those reeves statues a few pages back look amazing though. Bigger scale and highly custom body.
I dont mind it, its less likely to have threads pull off of it but yes it is a little thick, a little thinner and I think it would be great.

It's gonna be fun seeing InArt improve the body and other details on this because it will likely get critiqued to death upon reveal.

I remember the same with HT's version, the body and likeness needed work immediately. Arnie Kim did the initial sculpt that Yulli had to fine tune, then he did his own incredible Reeve statues years later.

The suit was terrible. The rubber logo that cracked and the easy pulled material drove me nuts. Hoping Inart stitch the emblem which I think they will.
Wow how did it crack? Did you display your figure outside or repeatedly take the suit off and put back on? Mine has been standing in a detolf and still looks mint. In fact the suit on my 1989 Keaton Batman is still intact.

Wow how did it crack? Did you display your figure outside or repeatedly take the suit off and put back on? Mine has been standing in a detolf and still looks mint. In fact the suit on my 1989 Keaton Batman is still intact.
Just age I guess, never touched it. I posed most of my figures in museum poses. It is rubber after all and rubber will eventually degrade as it has on lots of the HT's.

I’m really curious about this set. Only thing is who knows when it’ll actually go up and beyond that when it’ll release. I’m guessing full reveal/pre-order next year at the earliest. So probably a late 2024 or 2025 release. Quite a ways off.

This may be my first InArt figure. I was planning on holding of for the new DCU to start but a Chris Reeve Superman will be very hard to resist no matter how much I still love my Hot Toys version.

I know the dorky little grin is a given with the Clark figure by this point, but I'd love if we also got another more serious Clark sculpt as well. As I always loved those moments when he totally dropped the act and was about to spring into action as Superman.

superman-movie-screencaps.com-11891.jpg

Back