InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a good Cavil Superman. It is not a great Cavil Superman. That is my issue with the price. Nothing particularly stands out about it. Comparing to HT version isn't even fair, that's how unremarkable the HT is.

That being said, this isn't some work of art. It's just a fine effort and looks.. fine. I am under no illusion that this figure is some kind of game changer in terms of quality like some others tho.

I'll buy it but I'm not falling out of my seat with absolute amazement here, tbh.

its AG tier i think, tier 3

i love kit 💕i absolutely butchered bigbreda's code and put bigberda instead and thought it expired since the postings were around 5AM PST but he was able to help me cancel my order so i can replace it with the code

It's a good Cavil Superman. It is not a great Cavil Superman. That is my issue with the price. Nothing particularly stands out about it. Comparing to HT version isn't even fair, that's how unremarkable the HT is.

That being said, this isn't some work of art. It's just a fine effort and looks.. fine. I am under no illusion that this figure is some kind of game changer in terms of quality like some others tho.

I'll buy it but I'm not falling out of my seat with absolute amazement here, tbh.
how i feel

apparently some people are upset with this “hole”. This is a lot better than I expected, and I don’t get how this is a deal breaker for many. It’s not like everyone display their Sup backwards…not that I know of at least
Why are they mad?

1. With no waist grabber it wouldn’t damage the fabric overtime
2. You can zip it up so you can hide the hole placement
3. It’s simple and subtle which is great

The only thing that could be concerning could be the stability and how it can hold the weight of the figure, but I’m sure it would do fine.

This is literally the best engineering idea for the flight pole imo. 90% of the time you’re not even gonna see the hole because of the cape lol.

I don't understand the whole Siler, Mercury, etc "tiers" for InArt? Is this really a 3rd level down from what it could be? Is InArt saying we only gave 1/3 try on this but 2/3 try on Joker?
Completely agree - its a bit perplexing to me, like admitting you only "kind of" tried on your homework and still expecting to impress your teacher the same as when you give it 100%

Yeah, this is my camp - I am really glad for those effusive with praise for this figure, its about time there was a 1/6 Cavill that made people happy, but I'm not blown away like I have been with pretty much every other Inart release thus far - I dont have a "wow!" feeling.

Its good, I like it - but I'm not in love, and at this price I think I might have to be in love with it to buy it.

I don't know - gonna have to think on it, I recently sold all my DCEU figures and I'm not sure if this figure is so good as to get me back in again.

I think the tiers refer to the rooted hair, the amount of accessories and the dioramas they'll include with figures.

Cavill being somewhat barebones and having about 4 strands of rooted hair makes him as basic as these figures will get imo

That super-tier Phoenix Joker better be something really impressive.

I think financial "tiers" for an already expensive luxury item is pretty silly. I wonder who is sitting this one out, waiting on Rhodium Superman?

I can’t wait to see JOKER. Sure it’s going to be immense. Imagine it will either have stairs diorama or part of Murray’s set.

I think the tiers refer to the rooted hair, the amount of accessories and the dioramas they'll include with figures.

Cavill being somewhat barebones and having about 4 strands of rooted hair makes him as basic as these figures will get imo

Yeah, but Superman is on the same tier as Gandalf. Silver.

I thought the "tiers" referred to 'price-point'. Hence, Phoenix Joker being their highest tier and most expensive figure.

Probably more to blame with the subject matter than anything. What more can they push here beyond what they're doing?

I think they nailed everything except for the material on the suit, which can be a touch shinier and the detail a previous poster mentioned regarding the arm pattern placement. Beyond that, I think they've reach near the ceiling in terms of what can be done for a character in a onesies with a clean shaven, slicked back haired face. They even got his thick sausage hands correctly sculpted instead of doing generic hands for him like Hot Toys did.

Like damn, I'm hard pressed to believe that the sculpt and overall proportion here isn't a stand out. We're getting more and more spoiled with each announcement. :lol The fact that these images are of a 2 inch sculpt is a stand out to me when they can easily pass as a 1/1 or 1/3 scale statue.

5iNwlO1.png
Ea6sI5h.png

aUIil99.png

95CGynh.png

bB0iTzw.png

Last edited:
Adam's sculpts are one of the most overpriced things I've seen lately. I'm sorry but even his latest Joker sculpt that he sold for almost $10,000 was worse than what INART or any other custom artist today is making. That's a great Cavill Supes sculpt but for $3000+? Yeeesh
Where can I see pictures of his newest work? I never see any of it posted online anymore.

Do we know how the eye controls are accessed for this?

I know Joker had the removable back panel. Does Gandalf have that? Or it is just accessed through the neck socket?

Probably more to blame with the subject matter than anything. What more can they push here beyond what they're doing?

I think they nailed everything except for the material on the suit, which can be a touch shinier and the detail a previous poster mentioned regarding the arm pattern placement. Beyond that, I think they've reach near the ceiling in terms of what can be done for a character in a onesies with a clean shaven, slicked back haired face. They even got his thick sausage hands correctly sculpted instead of doing generic hands for him like Hot Toys did.

Like damn, I'm hard pressed to believe that the sculpt and overall proportion here isn't a stand out. We're getting more and more spoiled with each announcement. :lol The fact that these images are of a 2 inch sculpt is a stand out to me when they can easily pass as a 1/1 or 1/3 scale statue.

5iNwlO1.png
Ea6sI5h.png

aUIil99.png

95CGynh.png
Well, you asked...

There's plenty of issues here. For one, the neutral expression was a terrible idea if for no other reason than they simply (haven't yet) captured it correctly imo.

The likeness is there, but that isn't any neutral expression the man gives IRL nor in any of the films. Which is blatenly obvious and is simply inaccurate, truth be told. At least in my eyes.

The entire figure rests on the shoulders of the likeness based on whatever expression they sculpt. Without it, it's not a stand out offering. It's close but we aren't interested in close, are we?

We already knew he wouldn't be included with much, so without a 99.8‰ accurate sculpt, it's just another 1/6 Cavill Superman offering to me. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm sure it'll be updated between now and release and I look forward to seeing those updates.

It's just OK. But I am absolutely not impressed, as it currently stands. Just my opinion.

Back