InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!
THIS IS HUGE NEWS.

I'm going full deluxe BS version. I want all the smoke. Can't wait to see them do BvS Batman and Wonder Woman too. They're going to get a glass display on their own.

I love all my Snyderverse HT figures, but InArt is next level.

VERY curious as to how they handle Batfleck. What will the proportions look like? How will it articulate? What suit material will they use and will it be more durable than Hot Toys? Will they include the Knightmare outfit with the deluxe or will that need to be a separate figure (if they make it at all)?

How will Hot Toys retaliate? Will they release a 2.0? Or perhaps a 1/4?

My order of supermen is Reeve, Routh, Cavill and I detest the synderverse (although like MOS) but I just know I’ll still cave and get this because of how amazing it will be.

Same, terrible writing, direction, and all that bs, which sucks because I loved some of the actors for these roles. Ready for the reboot.

I'll be keeping an eye on this and Batfleck for sure.

Same with Harry Potter, hair styles like this don't "need" to be rooted to look good. Just wait for the inevitable frizzy/afro hair on one of those slipping through QC and the wailing begins. Seen it with Joker already.

Same with Harry Potter, hair styles like this don't "need" to be rooted to look good.
No... but they need to be rooted to look more real.

And isn't realism everything in this hobby? People spend good money for laced shoes, real buttons, metal accessories; they complain if the eyes look "vacant" or if the hands aren't aged enough. I don't understand this line in the sand when it comes to hair.

I'll most likely go rooted yet again more then likely it will look amazing. But if I feel sculpted looks good then I'll be happy with that alone. My biggest want is Batman imagine somehow we get a movable rubber cowl.

For me, rooted hair crosses the line of requiring too much maintenance. I'm fine futzing with fabric outfits, but grooming is very much not what I got into this hobby for. Plus I like having a sculptural quality to things, doesn't have to be mixed media all the way. They can sculpt hair so well nowadays, especially shorter hair like Cavill's.

Interested in seeing it but not sure if I’ll buy it. I’m pretty happy with my Hot Toys Man of Steel version. I personally think it’s the best one they made. Still an updated premium version from InArt is likely to look great.

No... but they need to be rooted to look more real.

And isn't realism everything in this hobby? People spend good money for laced shoes, real buttons, metal accessories; they complain if the eyes look "vacant" or if the hands aren't aged enough. I don't understand this line in the sand when it comes to hair.
I was just about to type something similar. Most of us in this hobby are after something that looks like a real person shrunk down in our displays. Sure, sculpted could be "good enough" and still look nice when done well, but in terms of realism, there's typically no contest. Rooted Harry Potter looks more real than Sculpted. Doesn't mean that the sculpted looks bad as that's definitely not the case. And as much as I really like the sculpted TDK Joker heads, looking at my rooted set this weekend really brought back the wow factor of the rooted. Just like sculpted Aragorn looks REALLY good, but the rooted takes it to another level.

Now, I do think some folks confuse their aversion to rooted as an all around negative on figures just b/c they don't want to deal with it. But, 9 times out of 10, rooted elevates a figure's realism when done well. As far as maintenance, I've only futz'd with Joker's hair once and haven't had to touch it again since, unlike clothing that you repeatedly have to adjust whenever you change the pose.

Last edited:
I think rooted will always be superior when it isn’t HT Barbie quality, but love the fact that InArt has been pretty consistent giving us the option so that the people who prefer sculpted, or are looking to keep the cost down, can still be satisfied

So what exactly are the main suit differences from MoS to BVS?
Off the top of my head, including but not limited to.
BvS has a slightly smaller emblem with Kryptonian writing on it.
The buckle on the belt is rectangle instead of oval.
The lines on the side of the suit have been changed in shape and size plus from black to blue.
Different shade and material of red on the cape.
Slightly different blue on the whole suit.
The trim on the boots at the top has two lines instead of one.

Quite a few more I can't think of too.

I think the other issue with rooted hair for me (and silicone skin, glass eyes, things of that nature) is when it's not done to perfection, it makes the piece look less like a shrunk-down person and more like a cheap wax mannequin. Or what if those elements are done well, but the others are not? Such premium features create a greater expectation of realism and if the piece doesn't live up to it, it looks worse and less cohesive than a piece which lacks them. This is one case where I believe it's better to aim a bit lower and hit the mark 100% than aim high and miss it.

The risk is even greater with larger collectibles. You'd think bigger is better since it's closer to being lifelike, but it also makes mistakes more obvious. Some of the 1/2-scale "hyper-real" statues look great. Others look fake due to the rooted hair and glass eyes drawing attention to their other shortcomings. I'd be more forgiving of those shortcomings if the hair were sculpted because the quality of the different components would be more level.

My rule (for my wallets sake) is rooted when the hair is about "shoulder length" or more. I would've gotten rooted Joker but was skeptical so opted for sculpted, I regret it. Figures like Superman, Batman, Harry I will go sculpted, as the rooted does objectively look better, its not enough of a difference to me to justify spending that much more on every figure. But a figure like Wonder Woman, Aragorn, Gandalf, It makes a huge difference.

So what exactly are the main suit differences from MoS to BVS?
Some might say these are minor but since you asked..
  • Chest \S/ is a flatter, ever so slightly smaller in height but not width, sits a littler lower from the collar and more metallic with Kryptonian writing mixed in. The red part of the \S/ on MoS is raised a bit above the yellow/gold parts.
  • Kryptonian writing on the shoulders just under the dealts
  • His silver chrome muscle suit was sculpted this time instead of being a cast of his actual physique like in MoS. Which is why the musculature looks more natural in MoS versus BvS and JL
  • Boots have a square toe instead of rounded. They have a heel instead of being completely flat. Wing tip trim is doubled up instead of one trim detail.
  • Trim around the entire suit is now dark metallic blue with light metallic blue accents instead of the of the metallic graphite color of MoS. It's also a bit thinner. EDIT: Gauntlets are thinner, dark metallic blue with the lighter metallic blue accents like the rest of the trim and have kryptonian writing at the wrist.
  • Cape has been changed from velvet type material to a patterned/textured fabric that's also a little more red
  • The "belt" was changed from a circle that had the chainmail pattern to a square that has the \S/
  • Lastly - since you asked about the differences- the crotch is a little more defined in the BvS/JL suits vs MoS :LOL:
I believe that's everything

Last edited:
Some might say this is minor but since you asked..
  • Chest \S/ is a bit flatter, ever so slightly smaller in height but not width, sits a littler lower from the collar and more metallic with Kryptonian writing mixed in.
  • Kryptonian writing on the shoulders just under the dealts
  • His silver chrome muscle suit was sculpted this time instead of being a cast of his actual physique like in MOS. Which is why the musculature looks more natural in MOS versus BvS and JL
  • Boots have a square toe instead of rounded. They have a heel instead of being completely flat. Wing tip trim is doubled up instead of one trim detail
  • Trim around the entire suit is now dark metallic blue with light metallic blue accents instead of the of the metallic graphite color of MoS. It's also a bit thinner.
  • Cape has been changed from velvet type material to a patterned/textured fabric that's also a little more red
  • the "belt" was changed from a circle that had the chainmail pattern to a square that has the \S/
I believe that's everything
Also (per Hot Toys scaling) Superman was something like 7' tall in MoS, whereas in BvS he shrunk back down to the actual height of Henry Cavill...

Back