Imaresqd1 Christian Bale SOLD OUT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Imaresqd1 Bruce Wayne Order Thread (Anyone that owes read post #749)

Nope, haven't seen it. Not really a pirates fan, so I don't frequent those threads. I'm sure it must be nice.

Nope, haven't seen it. Not really a pirates fan, so I don't frequent those threads. I'm sure it must be nice.

this is a new head though, different from the one TD has, with Depp's smirk. but doesn't have a mustache or anything. Could be used for just a generic Depp, though he did say a mustache was coming soon, but don't know if it's going to be for Sparrow or not.

(hopefully this does not derail the thread too much :peace)
Coming soon, stache on Depp.

1_6_scale_johnny_depp_teaser_by_imaresqd1-d37u0cj.jpg

So these were supposed to have started shipping last week. Any news? I've got to tell my painter something.

the sculpture of Bruce Wayne is still available? I am interested.

Hi guys.

OK - Transparency. This is embarrassing it is taking so long. I am having to do one more set of molds this weekend.

I have my resin issue sorted now for a couple of weeks thankfully but I have thrown away at least 30-40 cast since I began this. I refuse to ship sub standard casts.

I have made several molds over the past few years but this head has proven difficult. The detail and especially the eyes are causing tears and breaks in the molds. I have gone through 16 molds to date.

For those who are curious I am casting my last set face up so they will pour face down. The pour points will be at the very base of the neck on the back of the head and another in the hair on the back of the head.

I have not shipped the first set that are good to use as base heads for the new molds. All completed orders (about 16 now) will be updated and shipped Monday morning.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. I'm sure you are all tired of waiting and I am ready to have your orders complete.

I hope to have all orders poured and shipped by the May 9 so I can move on to the next project.

Just for reassurance, I will pay out of my own pocket to outsource these to completion if need be. YOU WILL GET YOUR ORDERS! :lecture

Dean
CC

Hey Dean

No rush at all on my behalf. I think updates are great to keep us at bay ;). Anyone in this hobby that has no patience is in the wrong hobby :D send the subpar ones to those that rush you :lol jj.
I wonder these flawed HS would a good customized that will be painting these anyways not be able to fix it easily before painting? Maybe sell these cheaper to existing buyers as souvenir? I wouldn't mind having a slightly flawed on unpainted one just to showcase the process/progress :D
Just such a waste and might as well get us to help you recoup some of the cost.

:borg:

:lol

The ears are the biggest problem area. Even under pressure I have had issues with bubble in the lobes. Older ones were in the lips or eye brows. I couldn't work it in because of the molds being cut. Anywho - the others are from damaged areas in the molds.

Thanks for understanding and your patients is invaluable! :hi5:

Hey Dean

No rush at all on my behalf. I think updates are great to keep us at bay ;). Anyone in this hobby that has no patience is in the wrong hobby :D send the subpar ones to those that rush you :lol jj.
I wonder these flawed HS would a good customized that will be painting these anyways not be able to fix it easily before painting? Maybe sell these cheaper to existing buyers as souvenir? I wouldn't mind having a slightly flawed on unpainted one just to showcase the process/progress :D
Just such a waste and might as well get us to help you recoup some of the cost.

:borg:

Good suggestion geil

Thanks for the update Dean! Your hard work on this is greatly appreciated!

so really, Imaresqd1 is to blame for this delay. His sculpt is too detailed for the molds to work.

tsk tsk:

:rotfl

so really, Imaresqd1 is to blame for this delay. His sculpt is too detailed for the molds to work.

tsk tsk:

:rotfl

I've said all along we would have been better off with a vaguely oval-shaped head with a few dots for eyes and mouth. No mold problems there.

While I obviously can't speak for all the customers, I have no problem waiting for a great product. You're obviously going through some hoops with these molds, and have definitely earned our patience.

If you are throwing out bad casts, please throw them my way XD .

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare Dean, I think we can all wait as long as necessary for our Toys to arrive.

You think Two-Face will be easier or more difficult? I can imagine the details on the scarred side causing even bigger problems.

Back