I'm the only one who is going to think this is lame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vonhahn

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know, I'm off my meds.....

You know the product photos of Greedo and the new 501st trooper 1/6 scale from Sideshow's website?

Does anyone else in the whole universe think the bright red stripe on the bottom of each photo is annoying and distracting?

I like the old way Sideshow would put thier logo and the brand name on thier pictures, pronounced, but subtle. This new red banner for me really takes away my attention to the actual figure.

Love the prosuct, hate the strpe....

Please tell me that i'm not the only escapee from the asylum....
Please? The giant Easter bunny sitting across from me just told me that I was.....

:google :banana

Last edited:
It is a little distracting, but maybe they put it on there because people were stealing their photos. :dunno

Anyone can easily crop that last bit from the bottom and still showcase the figure pretty well without the sideshow logo. If they wanted to protect it they could easily watermark it but they will benefit just as well from it when someone posts their pics on the web, whether or not credit is shown in this particular piece, because they own it.

I think it's just a design feature their designer is trying out. It probably doesn't work that well with the trooper because red stands out in the grey/black and dirty white back ground of the figure itself.

I too feel the red stripe is very distracting.

"Stealing" of images shouldn't be an issue, the least is the images get to be spread around.:)

i agree that it is distracting. on some close up photos you'd like to see the details of the figure, but there are some shots where that red stripe is blocking it.

It only bothers me then its on a close up shot when I'm looking at joints and details, other than that its ok.

Yeah, I think it's kinda stupid too... it'd be better if it wasn't as bright of a red, and maybe if it was transparent... oh well...

Don't give it much thought. Not enough to start a thread on.

if it's not enough to start a thread on, then posting on sed thread without even commenting on its subject matter would be even more pointless, would it not? :lol

I think it is a legitimate thread that asks people's opinions on something.

if it's not enough to start a thread on, then posting on sed thread without even commenting on its subject matter would be even more pointless, would it not? :lol

Funny, and well said.

I HATE the stupid red stripe, oh wait, I thought we were talking about the beer...LOL

No, not really. But thanks.

Funny, and well said.

Says the king of the pointless random thread starters.

ok evilface, so what if it is pointless? No one is forcing you to post on it. It's kind of like a guy going to a candy store just to say how he doesn't like to eat candy -- then GTFO the candy store!

Don't you have something more meaningful to do with your time than to tell people their threads are stupid and pointless? Seems like it's not worth the time to me...

so why don't you back off and stop being so negative? Oh wait, that's right, you're evilface. You know who your avatar reminds me of?

Epic-fail-guy-ruin.gif

I mean seriously, is that intentional? Is that in fact why you chose that specifc avatar? Or is this image based on you?

Personally I think the red bar is annoying and distracts from the pictures, and serves no purpose whatsoever and should be removed. Anyone who has no opinion on the matter should not post in this thread.

So my V avatar reminds you of a pic with V's mask in it. ok. WTG, Dude!

Yup! How can you not know about Epic Fail Guy? If you did, why would you choose an avatar like that?

anyway, my point is you don't have to piss all over everyone else so much, if you don't like a thread, stay out of it!

Yup! How can you not know about Epic Fail Guy? If you did, why would you choose an avatar like that?

anyway, my point is you don't have to piss all over everyone else so much, if you don't like a thread, stay out of it!

How do you expect him to know about something you doodled up during recess?! :dunno

As for your second comment, you can't even take your own advice in the Clone Wars thread so I'd STFU before you start having to enjoy the taste of boot leather, or say, Trooper armor made from big gulp cups... ;)

How do you expect him to know about something you doodled up during recess?! :dunno

As for your second comment, you can't even take your own advice in the Clone Wars thread so I'd STFU before you start having to enjoy the taste of boot leather, or say, Trooper armor made from big gulp cups... ;)

You'll never let that go will you?

I actually did explain my reasons for being there (the CW thread): I still hold onto a shred of hope that it might improve and end up being more to my liking, but rather than spend half an hour watching it, I take 5 minutes to check that thread to see what's going on. I occasionally comment there to express my thoughts and confusion over what's going on in the CW, hoping that perhaps someone could justify it and explain a little better.

If I have a right to post my opinions on the CW thread, then fine I suppose evilface has the right to post his here. But I would think that being told you were wasting your time voicing your own opinions on a subject, no matter how trivial, would be much more offensive than saying a TV show doesn't make much sense.

All I mean is that you guys don't have to be so negative about this thread, or towards the people in it. Not just in this thread, but both you and evilface among others have been so outwardly offensive, it just drives me insane. That is part of why I reacted to evilface so harshly. I will try to be polite and civilized, and so I now apologize to evilface for comparing him to epic fail guy solely based on the resemblance to his avatar. I also apologize if I offended anyone by dissing the CW show in the CW thread.

I understand now I've started quite a fight here, and I'm super-derailing the thread now... so I hope we can all act like civilized human beings and deal with our differences in a peaceful manner from now on. And I understand that I am not exempt from having stooped to low, raging and senseless insults. I only want there to be less negativity on SSF from now on.

Sorry for over-reacting

Peace
:peace

Back