I'm new to the boards + NECA Predators custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falconer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new and I wanted to say hi to you all, I love collecting all things McFarlane, NECA and Mezco my main loves in this areas are anything movie orientated but in particular Terminator, Aliens and Predator.

I wanted to kick off my first post with my first ever customs, I like you as I've seen trailing through some of the posts on here were slightly disappointed with the paint jobs from the Predators line from NECA, as I live in the UK I've had to wait longer to get mine so I thought I'd have a go at doing mine.

I was inspired by KingJennings on YouTube who did a fantastic job on his with just Sharpie pens, I sadly don't have the skill with a paintbrush so I had a go with these I'm pretty pleased but I wondered what you guys thought?

The Classic Predator

The Berserker Predator

Classic and Berserker

Last edited:
Re: I'm new and with my first custom-ish

I likes, great job!

Very clean with precision, which gives it a realistic feel!

BTW, welcome to the boards! :wink1:

Re: I'm new and with my first custom-ish

Great job! Those look much improved. I'd put "NECA" in the thread title though to avoid any confusion and potential flaming.

Thanks for the advice, all changed!

I appreciate the comments, thanks its pretty easy and painless to do all you need are fine black sharpie, ultra fine black sharpie and some reds and yellows (classics eyes).

Rub a black sharpie over the helmet of the Berserker and it comes out with the browny shine from the movie!

About how long did it take you to complete the customs? Seems like it would have took some time to get all lines exact.

I commend you on having the patience to do that! My lazy self would've just left him as is....:lol

About how long did it take you to complete the customs? Seems like it would have took some time to get all lines exact.

I commend you on having the patience to do that! My lazy self would've just left him as is....:lol

Classic around 45 minutes, wanted to take my time on him, I had difficulty with getting the yellow sharpie onto the whites on his eyes so I could give him the right eye colour, I followed the spot pattern from the first Predator in the 84 movie instead of the one in Predators, easiest part was correcting the gap in his netting which seems to be a widespread problem I know the classic from the movie had a whole but I thought that was on his right side.

Berserker took longer around an hour and ten I think possibly another ten after I decided I wanted to do the helmet on him as well.

I won't be touching the Falconer as I think its pretty well on, just hope I don't have to do the same when I pick up the Tracker or the Elder Predator.

Honestly I don't have any patients either so I'm surprised with myself that I managed to pull this off with these two, I'll try and put some more pictures up soon.

Back