ikea lights, which is the best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raider

Super Freak
Reaction score
hi guys does any one have any of the following 2 lights, and which is the best.

72415_PE188174_S4.jpg

70152_PE185534_S4.jpg

thanks

Used both in mine the strip lights add a little sparkle to the display if their seen

eg if they arent hidden behind anything, plus they seem to cast more light over a greater area being longer, having more lights in them

In my cab ive got 3 sets of the spots and 2 sets of the strips

sticking 3 sets of spots in the roof through glass shelves will illuminate your cab through at least 2 sets of shelves but as you can imagine the top of the cabs brightest

I used the strips in the shelving struts holding up the glass angled inward towards each of figures sat on my glass shelves

If you had to use one Id say the strips, but it all depends on how your going to use em

Hope that helps m8

hi mooncat

well just been ikea and got a new cab.... proble is its quite a tight fit and its streched out as you can see from the pic ..... i was thinking if i got the strip would it be worth covering the front of it so you dont see the light LEDS only the light it gives off onto the statues?

DSCF1329.jpg
[/IMG]

i was thinking if i got the strip would it be worth covering the front of it so you dont see the light LEDS only the light it gives off onto the statues?

Imho yes

if your swapping out the shelves top and bottom for glass ?

Id still say go for the strips as they would give of better light placed near the front along the top and your middle shelves, with glass on the others you would illuminate everything with 1 set of strips (4 lights).

Youll benefit from the fact that they are hidden by the frame in the top and the frame in the middle as they would hide your wires as well as the lights (although it would be nice to hide your lights in the middle same as you hide them at the top ie the same depth of frame (dont know if your lights in the middle would be on show, would depend on the depth of recess on that middle shelf and the frame)

The strips lights will cast the best amount of light imho for your setup if your replacing those shelves for glass.

youd have a prob anyway hiding your wires if you tried to use the spots on those shelves that are a quarter way down and up in your cab, as the spots suit being in the middle of the shelf, whereas the strips suit the edges. so sticking spots in those exposed shelves would show the wires.

If it was me 6 mm toughned glass shelves to replace the ones visible leave the half way one timber and then 1 set of strip lights with 2 across the top and 2 across the middle recessed behind the frame. Go to currys and buy a bye bye stand by socket and switch unit and then bobs your livin lover from amsterdam. jobs done a nice little remote to switch on your cab

Last edited:
hi mooncat

well just been ikea and got a new cab.... proble is its quite a tight fit and its streched out as you can see from the pic ..... i was thinking if i got the strip would it be worth covering the front of it so you dont see the light LEDS only the light it gives off onto the statues?

DSCF1329.jpg

what do you use to get that that second row for the Star Wars helmets? I've been looking for something like that for awhile now

what do you use to get that that second row for the Star Wars helmets? I've been looking for something like that for awhile now

I bought some plastic cut to size, and glue gunned it together

looks great Raider. :rock I need to pick some lights up when I go and get my cabinets. I will probably forget !. :lol

which ones you buying? ya my cab is dark at the moment need to get a light for it, gonna take mooncats advide and get the strip, not sure if to put glass on some shelfs because my collection is all polystone so weighs a ton

gonna take mooncats advide and get the strip, not sure if to put glass on some shelfs because my collection is all polystone so weighs a ton

Ive got 6 MM toughned in my shelves and based on your GG slave leia id say they were the same depth and width as mine

Ive had all 9 of my GG matrix busts on there with absolutely no worries about weight I could have put another 5 or 6 busts on and still not worried

Based on whats on those shelves currently (assuming that Ooola and the others about her size weigh the same as Slave Leia) i have loadsa confidence putting in 6mm toughened and putting those items back in place

As long as its toughend and its 6mm shouldnt have a problem

Ring these guys give em your sizes 01744 23361‎

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=e...fb=1&cid=18160896860728865321&li=lmd&z=14&t=m

Last edited:
which ones you buying? ya my cab is dark at the moment need to get a light for it, gonna take mooncats advide and get the strip, not sure if to put glass on some shelfs because my collection is all polystone so weighs a ton

well , still not 100% sure if the room for my collection will look a bit over crowded but I was thinking 1 single besta a lack and the two detolfs I already have all in the black from ikea. Will have to see though yet.
If I do get those for the besta I would most likely be using the strip lights.

well , still not 100% sure if the room for my collection will look a bit over crowded but I was thinking 1 single besta a lack and the two detolfs I already have all in the black from ikea. Will have to see though yet.
If I do get those for the besta I would most likely be using the strip lights.

one i got is from ikea and its realy good for space, if you have sapce for it i totaly recomend it.

Ive got 6 MM toughned in my shelves and based on your GG slave leia id say they were the same depth and width as mine

Ive had all 9 of my GG matrix busts on there with absolutely no worries about weight I could have put another 5 or 6 busts on and still not worried

Based on whats on those shelves currently (assuming that Ooola and the others about her size weigh the same as Slave Leia) i have loadsa confidence putting in 6mm toughened and putting those items back in place

As long as its toughend and its 6mm shouldnt have a problem

Ring these guys give em your sizes 01744 23361‎

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=e...fb=1&cid=18160896860728865321&li=lmd&z=14&t=m

thanks for the tip mate, its not that far, live in culcheth so its only about 10 miles away, may give them a ring in a few weeks. how much did your glass shelfs cost you?

Back