If you think IronMan 1:2 is thin look at this...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the car dealer doesnt fix the issue, you either go to another dealer or contact the car makers regional manager. So that analogy doesn't fit this issue.

It ain't SS fault Pop made a ____ty product.

First off, I'd stay away from the automobile comparisons, because there are totally different requirements, warranty issues, and lemon laws behind those. Historically with automobiles, once you drive a car off the lot its yours and the dealer/manufacturer will only "fix" the issues. Rarely can you get a refund or even an "exchange".

SSC doesn't work like that whatsoever.

SSC puts on the "retailers" hat when dealing with other company's products. They offer refunds to unsatisfied buyers and all indications have been they follow their policy to the letter. What other responsibilities do they have in this regard? I would say, "none!" The fact these are "museum quality collectibles" doesn't matter.

This is just like when a retailer such as Alter Ego or Hastings sells a broken SSC, the retailer takes back the product, but its not the retailer's fault if the product is faulty.

Now going FORWARD if SSC thinks PopCulture can no longer provide SSC customers with a product befitting SSC's standards, SSC can simply cease offering PopCulture product for sale or they can influence PopCulture to improve standards, but in the grandscheme SSC's CEO doesn't need to take responsibility for PopCulture's poor product.

Last edited:
I think Jerry mentioned something about this on Statueforum. I guess he quoted the price before it was all said and done and it cost a lot more. He had to cut costs and I think this is how it was cut....Still can't wait for Guile!

True, it is a more grey area in this case, but at the same time, with Zangief your going to go back to SSC and expect a refund/replacement, one isn't even going to contact PopCulture.

You could go either way, say take the car dealer for example, if the car has a minor fault, you'd go back to the dealer and expect it to be fully fixed. What if they do a crap job tho, will you only blame that dealer or will you be unlikely to trust the car maker in the future, even the bad experience was due to the dealer.
At the same time, say a fault in the car causes a crash, you going to sue the dealer or the car maker.

So in this case, sure it's a bit 50/50 between SSC and Popculture, compared to something that SSC fully made and sold themselves. But at the same time, SSC is selling themselves as a company that sells "museum quality" collectibles, so I still think, for this market segment, SSC holds a level of responsibility that all the products they sell meet that standard, otherwise, why are they selling them.

Unless of course SSC want to go the other way. In one section of their website are all the items they make and sell, we call these 'museum quality' and stand by that. The rest of the website has other people stuff, we sell those too, but all those could just be total junk, so buy at your own risk.

I can't imagine for one second, that that is the image SSC would want to project to current and future customers.

Why the hell would you even say that? Saying it's 50/50 is expecting Sideshow to be psychic as well as have X-Ray vision. They do only what they can in a case like this. Sideshow customer service is literally the best in the industry. They'll replace the piece several times, AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE, until if you still aren't satisfied, refund you the purchase price. Seems kinda annoying that you want to put the blame for this piece on them.

I think Jerry mentioned something about this on Statueforum. I guess he quoted the price before it was all said and done and it cost a lot more. He had to cut costs and I think this is how it was cut....Still can't wait for Guile!

Pretty rare (and enlightening) to hear that admitted :sick. The fact is, most of these collectibles are made in the same factories - or at least before the economic issues forced closures - so what's true for one manufacturer is probable across the board.

Pretty rare (and enlightening) to hear that admitted :sick. The fact is, most of these collectibles are made in the same factories - or at least before the economic issues forced closures - so what's true for one manufacturer is probable across the board.

I would say no. Simply because each company has different budgets to work from and therefore, different materials, different volumes of materials, employees, etc. are utilized for individual product runs. So the same company that produces rotocast figurines can make you an ultra-light thin one with ____ty paint apps if you're an independent business, for considerably less $$$ than they'd make a high-quality, thicker figurine for a major corporation willing to drop more $$$ per unit.

Last edited:
Why the hell would you even say that? Saying it's 50/50 is expecting Sideshow to be psychic as well as have X-Ray vision. They do only what they can in a case like this. Sideshow customer service is literally the best in the industry. They'll replace the piece several times, AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE, until if you still aren't satisfied, refund you the purchase price. Seems kinda annoying that you want to put the blame for this piece on them.

Then I guess we are not going to agree.

So if you and the rest here are right, what the hell is this thread doing on a Sideshow forum and even more so, in a Ask Sideshow section if it has nothing to do with them. It's not like it was purchased from Sideshow, billed by Sideshow, shipped by Sideshow......

Equally, the IronMan 1:2 sounds to be a Legacy product, so again, nothing to do with Sideshow, everyone should be contacting Legacy about thin production, just like problems with ones ISP always involve you contacting their wholesale supplier that's causing the issues.
Even tho your getting your ADSL from the ISP, being billed by them and in contact with them, no way would you expect them to manage the supply and quality of the service supplied to them by the wholeseller. You just want the ISP to retail you a service but not be responsible for the current or on-going quality of that service.
Same with Sideshow, they sell you the product, but any current or on-going quality issues (nothing to do with returns, etc), have nothing to do with Sideshow, especially if they didn't make it.

Then I guess we are not going to agree.

So if you and the rest here are right, what the hell is this thread doing on a Sideshow forum and even more so, in a Ask Sideshow section if it has nothing to do with them. It's not like it was purchased from Sideshow, billed by Sideshow, shipped by Sideshow......

Equally, the IronMan 1:2 sounds to be a Legacy product, so again, nothing to do with Sideshow, everyone should be contacting Legacy about thin production, just like problems with ones ISP always involve you contacting their wholesale supplier that's causing the issues.
Even tho your getting your ADSL from the ISP, being billed by them and in contact with them, no way would you expect them to manage the supply and quality of the service supplied to them by the wholeseller. You just want the ISP to retail you a service but not be responsible for the current or on-going quality of that service.
Same with Sideshow, they sell you the product, but any current or on-going quality issues (nothing to do with returns, etc), have nothing to do with Sideshow, especially if they didn't make it.

Pretty much. :lol Again bub, Sideshow does what they can. They'll refund your cash if you're not satisfied with the product. If you can't accept that, your beef's with the Guido holding the gun to your head and forcing you to buy it.

Then I guess Sideshow are sitting pretty now, be it the IM 1:2, this Zangief or anything else they sell. No need to worry about any sort of quality control or product improvements, as long as returns/refunds don't spike too high and ppl will live with whatever they get, Sideshow can sell anything they like. I mean it's not like they have 'x-ray vision' and it's all made in china.

Then I guess Sideshow are sitting pretty now, be it the IM 1:2, this Zangief or anything else they sell. No need to worry about any sort of quality control or product improvements, as long as returns/refunds don't spike too high and ppl will live with whatever they get, Sideshow can sell anything they like. I mean it's not like they have 'x-ray vision' and it's all made in china.

Dude, seriously...

crybaby.jpg

Vote with your wallet if it bothers you that much and opt out. I don't get the gist of crybaby rant after crybaby rant.

Vote with your wallet if it bothers you that much and opt out. I don't get the gist of crybaby rant after crybaby rant.

And I don't get why you seem to not care about the overall quality and on-going improvement of the products produced by an industry that in theory you have a deep interest in and would like to see said items to not only last a life time, but to have better products produced over time.

If the best you can come up with is some cheap ass image of a baby to make a total nonsense point, instead of well argued counter points, then I have a new slogan for you,

"Care about quality, like you give a damn."

And I don't get why you seem to not care about the overall quality and on-going improvement of the products produced by an industry that in theory you have a deep interest in and would like to see said items to not only last a life time, but to have better products produced over time.

If the best you can come up with is some cheap ass image of a baby to make a total nonsense point, instead of well argued counter points, then I have a new slogan for you,

I care. So does everybody else. We've also read that Sideshow is not only aware of the issue regarding their Iron Man but that they also care and are improving not only it, but future releases and not only pay for return shipping for replacements, but refund the full purchase price if you're not satisfied (remember, this has nothing at all to do with them, and everything to do with Pop Culture Shock). You're the only one continually crying like a psycho ex-girlfriend who doesn't wanna let go of the past blaming everybody else but yourself for your impulsive need to buy crappily produced statues. And since I couldn't find an image that represented a psycho ex-girlfriend adequately, I settled for the next appropriate image...

I care. So does everybody else. We've also read that Sideshow is not only aware of the issue regarding their Iron Man but that they also care and are improving not only it, but future releases and not only pay for return shipping for replacements, but refund the full purchase price if you're not satisfied

Lets look at that for a moment. It's been basically said that the first Iron Man's to ship were 'test samples'. Are you seriously telling me, your OK with a company that has no problem taking $2k of loyal customers money and then sending out test samples in the hope that nothing goes wrong. And then, finally after a massive kick-up over at least two forums, we get a statement that more polystone will be used to make the cast less thin.
But the real kicker I have with that, is it wasn't even Sideshow themselves standing up, admitting they made a big mistake on a very expensive collectible and say that they will do better and what they will do. No, what we get is one line, in a post, part way through a thread, by the owner of this forum.
Yes, great that things are being improved (its called standing by the quality of your products that you sell), but way to slip it under the radar and not stand up and take full responsibility.

(remember, this has nothing at all to do with them, and everything to do with Pop Culture Shock).

See, you have forgot that this is were we don't agree. Pop Culture Shock are basically a wholesaler to Sideshow. As such, Sideshow are standing up in the market place and saying, we stand by the quality of these products, that's why we have entered into an agreement to sell and distribute the products they make on our website. Sideshow isn't just some third party ebay dealer here, if you go to the Pop Culture website for any purchasing, they direct you to Sideshow for all world wide retail and wholesale ordering. As they state on the web site, Sideshow are "long term distribution partners".
So yes, for Zangief, I do hold Sideshow responsible, while no doubt they in turn would hold Pop Culture Shock responsible, but that it totally and completely an internal matter between supplier (Pop Culture) and distributor (Sideshow), that not only don't I want to know anything about, I don't care either. It's the final product quality that matters, they can sort it between them any way they like.

But clearly, you just don't see it that way, since all you can see is your psycho ex-girlfriend.

You're the only one continually crying like a psycho ex-girlfriend who doesn't wanna let go of the past blaming everybody else but yourself for your impulsive need to buy crappily produced statues. And since I couldn't find an image that represented a psycho ex-girlfriend adequately, I settled for the next appropriate image...

Actually, I'm the only one commenting at the moment, but that doesn't mean others don't feel the same. It's also a pitty that instead of countering my arguments, you feel the need to try and dismiss them all as the blabbering of some "psycho ex-girlfriend crybaby".
As for the statues I own, you can see them all here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73358
I'm sure you'll take careful note that you just called all those Sideshow and Weta statues as being "crappily produced".

I'm more then happy to praise quality output. I recently got the Evil Queen PF (as you can see) and Sideshow did a fantastic job (or, I guess from your point of view, the factory did an amazing job, Sideshow had nothing at all to do with it). That's quality production all the way.

On the other hand, I also got a very dark tan Indy PF (not that I'm alone in this regard), to which the Sideshow line was, "these are all hand painted, as such, a little variation is to be expected".
Turning a white man, black, is not a little variation. But since it's not an 'official' QC fault, I was stuck with it and one day will have to find someone that can repaint it.

Lets look at that for a moment. It's been basically said that the first Iron Man's to ship were 'test samples'. Are you seriously telling me, your OK with a company that has no problem taking $2k of loyal customers money and then sending out test samples in the hope that nothing goes wrong. And then, finally after a massive kick-up over at least two forums, we get a statement that more polystone will be used to make the cast less thin.
But the real kicker I have with that, is it wasn't even Sideshow themselves standing up, admitting they made a big mistake on a very expensive collectible and say that they will do better and what they will do. No, what we get is one line, in a post, part way through a thread, by the owner of this forum.
Yes, great that things are being improved (its called standing by the quality of your products that you sell), but way to slip it under the radar and not stand up and take full responsibility.

See, you have forgot that this is were we don't agree. Pop Culture Shock are basically a wholesaler to Sideshow. As such, Sideshow are standing up in the market place and saying, we stand by the quality of these products, that's why we have entered into an agreement to sell and distribute the products they make on our website. Sideshow isn't just some third party ebay dealer here, if you go to the Pop Culture website for any purchasing, they direct you to Sideshow for all world wide retail and wholesale ordering. As they state on the web site, Sideshow are "long term distribution partners".
So yes, for Zangief, I do hold Sideshow responsible, while no doubt they in turn would hold Pop Culture Shock responsible, but that it totally and completely an internal matter between supplier (Pop Culture) and distributor (Sideshow), that not only don't I want to know anything about, I don't care either. It's the final product quality that matters, they can sort it between them any way they like.

But clearly, you just don't see it that way, since all you can see is your psycho ex-girlfriend.

Actually, I'm the only one commenting at the moment, but that doesn't mean others don't feel the same. It's also a pitty that instead of countering my arguments, you feel the need to try and dismiss them all as the blabbering of some "psycho ex-girlfriend crybaby".
As for the statues I own, you can see them all here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73358
I'm sure you'll take careful note that you just called all those Sideshow and Weta statues as being "crappily produced".

I'm more then happy to praise quality output. I recently got the Evil Queen PF (as you can see) and Sideshow did a fantastic job (or, I guess from your point of view, the factory did an amazing job, Sideshow had nothing at all to do with it). That's quality production all the way.

On the other hand, I also got a very dark tan Indy PF (not that I'm alone in this regard), to which the Sideshow line was, "these are all hand painted, as such, a little variation is to be expected".
Turning a white man, black, is not a little variation. But since it's not an 'official' QC fault, I was stuck with it and one day will have to find someone that can repaint it.

Another long, drawn out, crybaby rant. This is my whole entire point. Your beef is with the Guido holding the gun to your head and forcing you to purchase this stuff. I passed on the Iron Man bust because of the reported flaking issues. Same with the black Darkness statue on B&W Friday. If I'd bought it, I simply would've returned it for a refund. Same with Indy (though mine didn't come looking like a "black man" which is a bit eccentric). And if I had purchased them and been unsatisfied, I would've contacted Sideshow and sent them back for a refund. Case closed. I can't fathom the need to buy something I don't like. If I don't like it, I won't buy it. Same applies to Iron Man and same applies to Zangief. Nobody's forcing you to buy these. You don't HAVE to buy them and instead, are trying to work the argument into something else to justify an invalid point. But honestly bub, that's the bottom line. You DO NOT have to buy them.
:dunno

EDIT: And you might wanna brush up on your reading comprehension. The shipping containers were the "test subjects" not the product... self induced drama. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Another long, drawn out, crybaby rant. This is my whole entire point. Your beef is with the Guido holding the gun to your head and forcing you to purchase this stuff. I passed on the Iron Man bust because of the reported flaking issues. Same with the black Darkness statue on B&W Friday. If I'd bought it, I simply would've returned it for a refund. Same with Indy (though mine didn't come looking like a "black man" which is a bit eccentric). And if I had purchased them and been unsatisfied, I would've contacted Sideshow and sent them back for a refund. Case closed. I can't fathom the need to buy something I don't like. If I don't like it, I won't buy it. Same applies to Iron Man and same applies to Zangief. Nobody's forcing you to buy these. You don't HAVE to buy them and instead, are trying to work the argument into something else to justify an invalid point. But honestly bub, that's the bottom line. You DO NOT have to buy them.
:dunno

EDIT: And you might wanna brush up on your reading comprehension. The shipping containers were the "test subjects" not the product... self induced drama. :rolleyes:

While my whole point is something that your totally missing. You passed on the Iron Man bust, not because you didn't want it, but because of Quality issues.
Honestly dude, the bottom line is not weather I want to buy a specific item or not, it's that the quality of the items produced and delivered are of a high standard for whoever whats to buy a specific item. Why not think of the industry as a whole, instead of just thinking of yourself. I'm very happy for you to pass on the IM bust due to paint flaking, but isn't it a pitty that someone else who really did want that item, also passed due to concerns over quality.
When deciding to purchase a collectible, ones only real worry should be if its something that one wants and can one afford it.
However you seem perfect happy with also having to worry about how thin a cast it maybe, will it come 'dark tan', will the paint start flaking off in 3 months time, etc, etc. Lately the excitment over receiving a new statue an openning it for the first time, has been more worry over if one received a 'good' one. I know I'm not alone in having those feelings, except in your case, were you just don't care.
It's also great for you, being in the US, that returns are so simple and cheap. Way to think of your fellow international collectors who may get something they are not happy with and then have to pay for the postage back (not cheap I can assure you) and only get refunded the main product price, not the postage one paid to get it too start with. So in the case of Indy, total postage after a return, would have been over half the item refund price, while still leaving one with nothing to show for it.
So once again, it's not about just not buying it, it comes down to a choice of buying and taking the risk or not buying and going without something that one really wanted, all due to concerns over quality control. I'll say that again, it's about quality control, not just for you, but for all customers, tho clearly you just can't see that.

Well thats good to know that only the shipping was a test, nothing thin about the product and hence Sideshow don't have to do anything, I'm sure they must be so pleased to hear that, you have taken a real 'weight' off their shoulders.

While my whole point is something that your totally missing. You passed on the Iron Man bust, not because you didn't want it, but because of Quality issues.
Honestly dude, the bottom line is not weather I want to buy a specific item or not, it's that the quality of the items produced and delivered are of a high standard for whoever whats to buy a specific item. Why not think of the industry as a whole, instead of just thinking of yourself. I'm very happy for you to pass on the IM bust due to paint flaking, but isn't it a pitty that someone else who really did want that item, also passed due to concerns over quality.
When deciding to purchase a collectible, ones only real worry should be if its something that one wants and can one afford it.
However you seem perfect happy with also having to worry about how thin a cast it maybe, will it come 'dark tan', will the paint start flaking off in 3 months time, etc, etc. Lately the excitment over receiving a new statue an openning it for the first time, has been more worry over if one received a 'good' one. I know I'm not alone in having those feelings, except in your case, were you just don't care.
It's also great for you, being in the US, that returns are so simple and cheap. Way to think of your fellow international collectors who may get something they are not happy with and then have to pay for the postage back (not cheap I can assure you) and only get refunded the main product price, not the postage one paid to get it too start with. So in the case of Indy, total postage after a return, would have been over half the item refund price, while still leaving one with nothing to show for it.
So once again, it's not about just not buying it, it comes down to a choice of buying and taking the risk or not buying and going without something that one really wanted, all due to concerns over quality control. I'll say that again, it's about quality control, not just for you, but for all customers, tho clearly you just can't see that.

Well thats good to know that only the shipping was a test, nothing thin about the product and hence Sideshow don't have to do anything, I'm sure they must be so pleased to hear that, you have taken a real 'weight' off their shoulders.

You know what? You win! I'll tap and get on with my life because clearly you can't. You're so insufferable and drowned in your own self induced entitlement drama that it's beyond comprehension. Nobody owes you a damn thing. If you don't like an item, don't buy it. Voting with your wallet says more than whining incessantly in a forum while ignoring the company's own posts concerning QC updates. Again though, I'm tapping and moving on. But hey, since it's clear with these long incessant crybaby rants that you can't, you keep up as the defender of entitlement collectors' truths, justices and bleeding vag's the world over....

How can a frenchman like me is supposed to read all those words..:google.

You know what? You win! I'll tap and get on with my life because clearly you can't. You're so insufferable and drowned in your own self induced entitlement drama that it's beyond comprehension. Nobody owes you a damn thing. If you don't like an item, don't buy it. Voting with your wallet says more than whining incessantly in a forum while ignoring the company's own posts concerning QC updates. Again though, I'm tapping and moving on. But hey, since it's clear with these long incessant crybaby rants that you can't, you keep up as the defender of entitlement collectors' truths, justices and bleeding vag's the world over....

OK, I will. I hope you enjoy whatever you get, while some of us will continue to push for contineous improvement in the products we either buy or don't buy, within an industry that we care about.
Farewell.

Back