If I were a dishonest man...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abstractharmony

Super Freak
Reaction score
Come in, sit down, tarry a while whilst I tell you a tale...

Lat week I had a waitlist conversion for a SSC exclusive Frank Black, I get charged the correct amopunt and I receive a tracking number. Nothing unusual so far...

I get a call from my wife today to say that a box the size of my 5 year old daughter has arrived from Sideshow!!!!

Thinking that I hadn't won any competitions and that the last time I checked Frank Black wasn't THAT big, I asked her read the invoice to me and also read the shipping box.

It would appear that Sideshow have sent me an Exclusive edition Jaws Maquette instead of Frank and only charged me $40.00!!!!!!!

I asked her to double-check the invoice and sure enough, there it was on the invoice, Jaws Maquette Sideshow Exclusive with nary a mention of poor old Frank.

So I've fired off an e-mail to Cindy at CS to sort this out for me. But if I were a sneaky man I could have been kicking back with Bruce tonight...

It sucks to have morals sometimes...

(although had it been a Jason PF - I may have thought twice - LOL!!!!!!)

Was this one shipped from the EU warehouse? If yes, then they appear to have some serious issues in getting the right item to their customers as of late.

Makes me fearfull of the things that I have on order and are to ship pretty soon. :monkey5

F morals. They only thing they've ever done is cost me money and getting laid.

Turgon said:
Was this one shipped from the EU warehouse? If yes, then they appear to have some serious issues in getting the right item to their customers as of late.

You can say that again, I know of 3 EU customers who ordered Spiderman Ex PF and received Ironman Ex last friday. I was one of them. Something has definately gone tits up in the EU warehouse :D

If they don't have enough remaining stock to cover these mistakes and ship the correct items out to whoever originally ordered them, it will be a sad day for the customer who ordered and paid for Iron Man or Jaws and never received it. The more honest people who send back their incorrect shipment, the more pieces that can be returned to their rightful owners.

I once ordered an "Iron Giant" talking piggy bank from Amazon.com. When the package arrived, there was a camcorder inside. So these things happen, I guess. If I was the one on the other end, I would be hoping and praying that the person who received my order by mistake would be honest and return it. While I sent the camcorder back, it just so happens that the person who got my order by mistake never returned it, and while we were waiting for the situation to get resolved the piggy bank sold out and was no longer available. My order was cancelled and refunded (plus a free gift certificate). If the package had been returned, I might have still been able to get my order fulfilled. Now this was just a piggy bank, but with sold out limited edition collectibles, it's a very real possibility that people who ordered and paid could get the shaft if these things don't get returned.

Abstract, I salute your honesty! I hope that the maquette gets rerouted to its proper owner.

abstractharmony said:
It sucks to have morals sometimes...
yes it does, but good job Abstract.

about 4yrs ago I started treating everybody else the way I want to be treated (no matter how they treated me) and started being honest about everything everyday.
Since I started doing that I found/married the woman of my dreams, moved into my first house, was promoted to manager of my dept and have doubled my salary.
.. and I didnt have to screw anybody over for any of it.

also just for that, I'll sell you my loose Original TCM Leatherface for $20 shipped. PM me if interested :cool:

we recently recieved the exclusive spiderman PF with one flexpay and S&H still do.
i just sent the last payment out.

They sure have been beefing the EU shipments.. They smoking crack in that wherehouse or what.. If I was Sideshow managment Id be swinging the axe.. I mean its not brain surgery to send out a correct package.. At least it has been in favor of the recipients.. Allthough the waitlisters are getting the shaft..

Hey abstract, trade you a Jaws maquette for a Frank Black SSC Excl.
figure...:lol

Seriously though, I've got a Frank Black SSC Excl. figure I've been looking to sell. Just an FYI to anybody interested. PM me.

None of us knows until he is tested, whether or not he really has strength of character and enough conviction and self-respect to do what is right.

I'd like to think my integrity is worth more than a little shark statue.

On a purely selfish level, keeping it, when I know it doesn't belong to me, would taint the experience. However much I enjoyed it on the surface, looking at it would tighten my chest with shame and self-loathing. I don't need that kind of guilt.

Last edited:
Customikey said:
None of us knows until he is tested, whether or not he really has strength of character and enough conviction and self-respect to do what is right.

I'd like to think my self-respect is worth more than a little shark statue.

On a purely selfish level, keeping it, when I know it doesn't belong to me, would taint the experience. However much I enjoyed it on the surface, looking at it would tighten my chest with shame and self-loathing. I don't need that kind of guilt.

Damn, Mikey, who knew you had such depth. :D Just going for the cheap joke. Ya know I love ya, man.

Customikey said:

I'd like to think my self-respect is worth more than a little shark statue.

haha.

Kinda like Knights of the Old Republic. No matter how hard I tried, I could not be truly bad and be 100% Dark Side.

Good work dude, hopefully karma pays you back at Spooktaclar...if you believe that crap. But still, I would've sent it back too.

Back