If Hot Toys Quit - What Would You Do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If Hot Toys Quits - What Would You Do?

• Collect Enterbay

Votes: 22 10.9%
  • Collect Sideshow 1/6

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Collect Bootleg Figures From China

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Collect Statues

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Collect Customs / Kitbashes

Votes: 31 15.4%
  • Quit Collecting 1/6 and get out the game

Votes: 31 15.4%
  • Cry & Blow My Brains Out

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • I really don't give a crap

Votes: 85 42.3%

• Total voters

Mr. EcKo

OG Freak
Reaction score
Ok so i had this thought , What if Hot Toys just quit making figures , they made enough money and just didn't want to make collectibles anymore. :horror

I would say 1/2 of the Freaks are Hot Toys Collectors , this would be a major hit to most collections

My Collection is mostly Hot Toys wth a few Customs.

If the company stopped , we would see a great increase in prices , no more parts to buy for kitbashing , most collections would be at a stand still :gah:

What Would You Do? :dunno

Collect Enterbay who only puts out about 4 figures a year? :lol

Collect Sideshow 1/6 - who only puts out 4 or 5 figure per year? :lol

Collect Bootleg Figures From China?

Collect Statues?

Collect Customs - Kitbash your own figures with parts available , with Custom Headsculpts from artists ?

Quit Collecting 1/6 and get out the game

Cry & Blow My Brains Out :monkey2

I really don't give a crap

I've been moving more away from HT and more toward customs for awhile now as it is. HT's obsession with Batman and Iron Man has long stopped entertaining me. Every few years I'll update my Joker or Mark whatever for the newest and fanciest one HT churns out. But that's about it.

I voted for Sideshow. But I really collect the license, not the company. I don't care who makes it, as long as it's good and it's a license I like.

First thing I'd do is track down Howard Chan and box his ears for not putting the Arkham City figures out sooner.

I selected I really don't give a crap for obvious reasons. I started collecting HT when they actually did non-superhero movie licenses as well. Now it's just anything and everything Iron Man.

You left out this one Ecko:

Wait for the next company that honours the HT legacy, & actually delivers on licenses they tentatively announce. :lecture :exactly:

I vote THAT one.

I'd actively seek out customisers to help me finish the Terminator lines, commission dioramas, keep buying NECAs of the licenses that I collect, buy the occasional Enterbay figure of the licenses I collect....but otherwise save money.

I recently had to recall for a post exactly what the last HT figure I bought was. It was CR Supes in July 2011. Since then I've bought figures from Enterbay, Iminime, Tamashii Nations, ACI and Sideshow, as well as a few custom heads and outfits. HT still set the standard for excellence, but the days when the hobby was driven forward by HT innovation are over. And their licenses suck if you're not walking around with a 24hr/day boner for Iron Man.

Honestly I wouldn't really care... I love HT products and own quite a few. But, if they were out of the game I'd still collect 1/6 but focus on whatever else there were. Be it Sideshow, Enterbay (although I don't care to own any of their offerings at this time) or customs.

At this point I'm so bored of IM and Nolan Batman stuff that I'm down to only buying a handful of HT figures a year. Right now the only HT I have on pre-order is the Hulk and past that the only other one announced I plan on buying is the BD-DX Terminator, so the loss would not be that major for me.

Back