I Am Officially into 1:6 LOTR!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pixletwin said:
Received TOE's exclusive Aragorn today and sheesh... I don't know what to say other than how plain my SW 1:6 look next to Aragorn, Legolas, and Boromir. I remember seeing the pics of Aragorn when he first came out and being less than impressed... But my how perspective changes. I f'n LOVE my LOTR figs!!!!

Thanks you Jen, TOE, Customizerwannabe, and Adam for these sweet figures.

(and thank you Memnoch21 for selling me your ex. Faramir PO).

Finally caught up with this line and I can't wait to see who comes next!

It's funny how we both jumped on board the LOTR line late (I got my three Exc. last month) and already it's a favorite--- I don't know what kept me from it before---oh wait, now I know $$$$$. :google

DarthNeil said:
It's funny how we both jumped on board the LOTR line late (I got my three Exc. last month) and already it's a favorite--- I don't know what kept me from it before---oh wait, now I know $$$$$. :google

I know I'm known as a guy who loves anything SS puts out. I wasn't kidding at all when I said the LOTR figures are even more impressive than the SW figs. Also Aragorn is much more impressive than people can tell by the pics. He needs to be seen in person to be judged.

....and here they are!

Fellowship1.jpg

yay pix!! They look great together. I got my Boromir last week but I haven't had a chance to have a proper look at him yet, so he's still sat in the box in my studio, lol

The pics do look great and you need to get Boromir some new chainmail from monket depot. It looks 100% better and is hardly restrictive at all.:D

pixletwin said:
Did you get new chain mail for yours? Got pix?
At the time I'm in the market for a new Memory card but If you look in the Boromir Image thred there is a pic of him with the new chainmail and the exact same thing a monkey depot. For $10 shipped it makes this 4 star figure look even better you will not be disapointed with it and was my 1st purchase through MD and it went excellent and fast.:D

Agreed. I really like the rubbery chainmail.

I love that picture, pixle. But how come Leggy and Boromir are ready to kick ass while Aragorn seems so relaxed? I guess he's content with pounding down a bowl from his pipe while his buddies do the dirty work. Appropriate since it is 4/20. :peace :peace :peace

Entropy Chicken said:
Agreed. I really like the rubbery chainmail.

I love that picture, pixle. But how come Leggy and Boromir are ready to kick ass while Aragorn seems so relaxed? I guess he's content with pounding down a bowl from his pipe while his buddies do the dirty work. Appropriate since it is 4/20. :peace :peace :peace

Exactly right. :lol

pixletwin said:
Just bought the exclusive Legolas. :blissy

Me too. :eek: I'll be looking to pick up an exclusive Boromir but haven't decided if I need the exclusive versions of Aragorn and Faramir. I doubt I'd pose Faramir with the broken horn and I think Strider look coolest when posed like this:

IMG_0281.JPG

That is a cool pose. One you could do with either regular or the exclusive... But trust me, the cloak is such a cool accesory. I love the mud splatter on it and it just looks so cool with the sleeping pack and the arrow pack bunched up against it.

There is a certain joy in catching up. There is the thrill of the hunt, the anticipation, the close to immediate gratification.
As soon as I get all caught up on Buffy/Angel, I will likely turn my attention to LOTR.

You will be grateful you did! The line is very classy, beautifully put together, and AMAZING to look at! This is Sideshow's best 1:6 series ever, and with luck they'll start giving us a few more in the near future.

Today would be nice.

What the Captain said..and yes today would be nice.:D

So far what impresses me the most is the way SSC did Boromir's shield. This is an item that they could have gotten away with doing subpar especially with the way the rest of the figure looks(awesome) Instead they made that thing look real. Nice job Sideshow! A most impressive line indeed.

Cocoboloboy said:
What the Captain said..and yes today would be nice.:D

So far what impresses me the most is the way SSC did Boromir's shield. This is an item that they could have gotten away with doing subpar especially with the way the rest of the figure looks(awesome) Instead they made that thing look real. Nice job Sideshow! A most impressive line indeed.

I second....and third that.

:chug :drink :duff

This wait for Faramir has been the most tedious, agonizing wait I've had in years, and certainly the most anxious for any collectible I've ever anticipated. Especially having this taste of what the quality will be like, I'm getting crazy with anxiety. It's times like this I'm forever thankful that my dream figure, the mosted wanted collectible in my heart, is a LOTR 1:6 figure. The quality is assured, and he's almost here--oh, the agony of my waiting! When shall it end?!?

Captain Aldeggon said:
This wait for Faramir has been the most tedious, agonizing wait I've had in years, and certainly the most anxious for any collectible I've ever anticipated. Especially having this taste of what the quality will be like, I'm getting crazy with anxiety. It's times like this I'm forever thankful that my dream figure, the mosted wanted collectible in my heart, is a LOTR 1:6 figure. The quality is assured, and he's almost here--oh, the agony of my waiting! When shall it end?!?

In 2 to 3 weeks Captain. Oh the joy! I can't wait for this one either...looks to be the best so far of an already STELLAR line! C'mon SS, give us MORE!!! :chew

2-3 weeks!!! I hope Memnoch just slaps a sticker and forwards Faramir to me the day he receives it. hope hope hope hope hope hope hope

Back