Hulkbuster Comiquette @ spooktacular?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
way too friggin' high. Black Thorone should be happy the aftermarket price on that piece is going to drop like a rock.

drop????why???it's about 150 pieces more than usual...

probably yes...but the exclusive will double it's price surely i think...

way too friggin' high. Black Thorone should be happy the aftermarket price on that piece is going to drop like a rock.

1000 is surprisingly high for this piece. No complaints, though. I think it is better that everyone what wants one (and wants to keep one) can get one than less people be able to get one and the price goes up. There are more important things to spend one's money on that overly inflated prices on statues.

Tell that to overstocked retailers and their shelves. :emperor

Tell that to overstocked retailers and their shelves. :emperor

Business is a gamble. As long as SS delivers a quality product in a timely manner at the same price agreed on with the retailers, unless SS promised a lower edition size, SS owes them nothing. A SS statue is a statue first, and an ES second. If SS promised them the ES would be lower, than SS would have to give them the option to cancel for a full refund.

Business is a gamble. As long as SS delivers a quality product in a timely manner at the same price agreed on with the retailers, unless SS promised a lower edition size, SS owes them nothing. A SS statue is a statue first, and an ES second. If SS promised them the ES would be lower, than SS would have to give them the option to cancel for a full refund.

Yeaaaah but, what if said manufacturer (not necessarily SS) has demanded quantities of their product that a retailer has to feature; they wouldn't be too happy to see that number, would they?

Obviously you feel a certain way about what you view to be an honor issue, I have read enough of your posts scattered throughout the board; but I don't think you understand all sides of the issue.

Yeaaaah but, what if said manufacturer (not necessarily SS) has demanded quantities of their product that a retailer has to feature; they wouldn't be too happy to see that number, would they?

Obviously you feel a certain way about what you view to be an honor issue, I have read enough of your posts scattered throughout the board; but I don't think you understand all sides of the issue.

Are you saying that a manufacturer demands that a retailer feature, or buy,certain quantities of a statue, in order to be able to buy any at all? Then if the amount really is that critical to their business, then ES needs to be part of the business contract.

Are you saying that a manufacturer demands that a retailer feature, or buy,certain quantities of a statue, in order to be able to buy any at all? Then if the amount really is that critical to their business, then ES needs to be part of the business contract.

In working retail for a few years I do know that it is a common practice to force a retailer to order certain quantities of specific product. I don't know if Sideshow enforces this, I have heard that they have a certain dollar amount a retailer must purchase per year; though I am not sure if the retailer is free to pick exactly which items they want. It is known however that Sideshow has a period of time in which no matter the product a retailer may NOT offer more than a 10% discount from MSRP; and during that time the same items can be usually be found cheaper using different outlets. Again, this is a much larger issue than just "flippers," it is basic economics and supply and demand.

In working retail for a few years I do know that it is a common practice to force a retailer to order certain quantities of specific product. I don't know if Sideshow enforces this, I have heard that they have a certain dollar amount a retailer must purchase per year; though I am not sure if the retailer is free to pick exactly which items they want. It is known however that Sideshow has a period of time in which no matter the product a retailer may NOT offer more than a 10% discount from MSRP; and during that time the same items can be usually be found cheaper using different outlets. Again, this is a much larger issue than just "flippers," it is basic economics and supply and demand.
Well, ok, but the basic problem then is that these statues seem 3 times as expensive as they should be to begin with, and so the only way to justify that extremely inflated price they charge is to limit the ES. If this statue was $150, it would sell, no problem. It would even sell at $200, regardless of the ES. SS is not the only company overcharging, either. Bowen and other companies are really overcharging people because people are willing to pay. They just keep creeping up the price for no reason other than that they can. People pay more because there are a limited number of them, which is artificially controlled. I really think it's all B.S. I just want to buy a nice statue that I like, to display in my home. If I don't like it, I don't buy it, regardless of the ES.
As far as I'm concerned, having these statues sit on shelves because they are overpriced for what they ACTUALLY ARE, or are INHERENTLY worth, is what these companies deserve for fleecing the market for these statues for all these years. Couple this with some of the poor paint quality that has been produced by some companies, and you begin to see that these things lose their "art" status, and instead become no better than any other manufactured product, which came out of a mold, but only that they are a LOT more expensive, because they artificially control the ES, instead of letting the market dictate it. They cannot possibly let the market dictate the manufacture of these collectibles, because then no one, or very few people would buy them AT THESE PRICES. I'd love to know what these things actually cost to make. If it is revealed that they actually cost pretty much what everything else in the world costs in relation to the selling price, then needless to say, I take it all back. I think the whole collectibles industry is the problem.
One more thing- In addition, if I don't like a stuate regardless of it's ES, then I don't buy it, because I obviously don't like it enough, then. I basically have to love a statue in order to buy it.
The only basic question is, is a statue cool enough for me to display in my home, and will I enjoy having it for the rest of my life, and then, is it worth the amount of money that they are charging for the item, to let me do that? If these things aren't all yes, I don't buy it. I don't care if there are 5 or 5 million. I didn't buy it to sell, ever. I only buy to just to keep. Is it worth it to me to pay that for it? I will only buy it if it is. I don't care if I need money bad, I won't ever sell it.
Alright I'm done now.

Last edited:
I open this page, this is how I feel.
SCREAM.jpg

Back