HT P1 Pics here~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are on a tangent about Wolf. Figure I would mention off hand that the hunting shop scene in AvP2 was filmed in my buddies outdoor adventure shop up in Canada. He got to keep a vial of Alien saliva and Predator blood after things were all said and done.

I posted this in the official Predator 1 thread. Not sure if this is what Kapital is talking about, but this is the only problem I have with the HT P1 sculpt:

Hot Toys Predator
htp1vj2.jpg

My Mod (Photo Manipulation)
htp1modbg1.png

Which imo makes it look better + more accurate:

Predator (Movie)
1predator1ne3.jpg

predator1uh0.jpg

Which is fine, the only problem is: The Elder Pred from "Predator 2" was a modified P1. So other than minor differences (Extra bone trophies, different color scheme on the body/dreads, etc.) the Elder and P1 are the same, because it's the same suit. Just like ALL the Lost Hunters look like P2 with minor differences. Just like ALL the AVP predators look like Scar with minor differences. With 2 Predator movies and 2 AVP movies, there's essentially 4 original movie Predator designs: P1, P2, Scar and Wolf. That's it. Every other Predator seen throughout those 4 movies are derived from those 4 original Predators.

Again, if you don't mind certain differences that's cool, but some people do.

Yeahhh that´s what i was talking about. You are totally right.

He must look more to the elder on the "nose" zone.

I was just thinking... with the amount of people who are sure to be buying the Predator, who have NOT owned a predator period, when these are released we might need an official, "THIS IS HOW YOU BUILD YOUR PREDATOR" thread to avoid a billion threads all asking the exact same questions.

Won't matter. When the thread reaches the second page, people will start asking the same questions again and again rather than go back and read from the beginning! :rotfl

The mandibles are rubber and interchangeable so I'm sure if you want you can use the ol' "heat-and-cool" method to mold the mandibles into something more screen-accurate.

People have done it with all the Preds

The mandibles are rubber and interchangeable so I'm sure if you want you can use the ol' "heat-and-cool" method to mold the mandibles into something more screen-accurate.

People have done it with all the Preds

That's possible, but the flaw is in actual distance between where the mouth starts and the eye sockets. Heat won't solve that, only a resculpt.

omg...........im drooling over these. especially predator. i wonder if the mouth will be posible.

also, i dont mean to sound weird but i wonder how the arnold would look with his shirt off. only cuz i want to see if you can make him like he is at the end of the movie.

anyone see these figures for under 145.00 anywhere if so can u please post a link

He kept KY Jelly, and a broken Glow stick?

LMAO but seriously, i wonder if that would be possible to do i a photo, take a green glow stick and apply some to a predator figure. i wonder if that would look cool, as long as the figure didnt get damamged by the glow stick goo.

also, these are coming out first and 2nd quarter? when is that?

LMAO but seriously, i wonder if that would be possible to do i a photo, take a green glow stick and apply some to a predator figure. i wonder if that would look cool, as long as the figure didnt get damamged by the glow stick goo.

also, these are coming out first and 2nd quarter? when is that?[/QUOTE]

12 months in a year 1/4 of 12 is 3. Therefore 3 months equals 1 quarter.

Jan. - March = 1st
April - June = 2nd
July - Sept. = 3rd
Oct. - Dec. = 4th

I would'nt expect these guys until June maybe as early as May.

also, these are coming out first and 2nd quarter? when is that?[/QUOTE]

12 months in a year 1/4 of 12 is 3. Therefore 3 months equals 1 quarter.

Jan. - March = 1st
April - June = 2nd
July - Sept. = 3rd
Oct. - Dec. = 4th

I would'nt expect these guys until June maybe as early as May.

Toys2 is pretty accurate with their release dates, so I'm sure they'll get their shipment in May. Sideshow, I'd say probably a month to a month and a half afterward.

But, people who ordered from a HK dealer, will probably get theirs... I'm going to guess mid-late April, maybe early May depending on shipping. Then again, I'm going off of my memory from when Wolf and Machiko first came out.

I believe the long "nose" area on the Predator's face that Devil 666 pointed out is what's by extension making his helmet too large; a longer face means a longer helmet.

p1profile.jpg

I don't see that myself.
Then I'll show you :p Hot Toys Elder's torso is too skinny and short for his head, arms, and armor. His massive forarms don't help matters either, but he appears to have the body of a little girl predator; it's completely consumed in his armor and accessories. Like I said, I'm very glad they didn't reuse elder predator for the P1 Predator.

p2elder.jpg

Last edited:
If you want a more accurate representation than your Hot Toys figures, try tracking down some old model kits, or hope Sideshow makes more dios. Jointed figures will never be dead on perfect because aesthetic sacrifices have to be made.

That said, for all of the work that sculptors and artists put into what Hot Toys is making, the figures are mindblowingly awesome and I think everyone can agree that what we have gotten from them are by far the best Predator figures ever made.

Oh, that Elder is ^^^^ing wonderful, he was my second HT figure, and daaaaamn he is awesome.

Then I'll show you :p Hot Toys Elder's torso is too skinny and short for his head, arms, and armor. His massive forarms don't help matters either, but he appears to have the body of a little girl predator; it's completely consumed in his armor and accessories. Like I said, I'm very glad they didn't reuse elder predator for the P1 Predator.

Do you even own one?
While he may not have the accurate beer gut that the character in the movie has he is THE best pred by a mile that HT has done yet.
I will say that from that side by side the HT forehead is much larger than the movie version.
Like AdamBombOi said the old model kits and statues are dead accurate. Because the HT figures are jointed they will NEVER be as accurate as the aforementioned.

p2elder.jpg

Also that pose for the HT Elder with the bent at the midriff pose makes him look much skinnier than when he is just standing.
I don't know to each their own but you are probably the first I have ever heard to be this critical of a highly praised figure.

Back