HT P1 Pics here~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is a percentage of all sales, if the company holding the rights is smart. Percentage would likely yield more than a flat fee unless the flat fee was so huge no figure sales percentage could top it, but if they get the rights at a flat fee and can make a number of figures off it, 2 Dutch figures with his likeness could rake in a good ammount of percentage money but because he took a flat fee for less, HT makes out, that'd be bad negotiations on the part of his likeness holders.

What really amazes me is that not the film company, but some independent group holds the rights to his likeness. I wonder if that means everything Sideshow does of his likeness has to go through both T2 licenses and this independent group. That's crazy.

When it comes to Arnie I wouldn't be surprised.

More than likely added when assembled. And they would have to be pretty flexible as to not hinder joint movement.

My guess is soft rubber or springs like the Wolf had. Wolfs work well other than the connectors not wanting to stay in the holes too well.

My guess is soft rubber or springs like the Wolf had. Wolfs work well other than the connectors not wanting to stay in the holes too well.

I agree, the springs would work great, but would have to be a larger diameter spring.

I'm really stoked about this release! HT's did an awesome job......

There are hoses, just check the first page, the pc with the lasers.
ke9j6x.jpg

Yup.

And the batteries look like they are under that plate in the middle of his back, and the power button is on his shoulder.

FIG-KAI-0512_06.jpg

I still can't figure out how they did the bio lights, the Pred's face isn't shaped to give room for the battery pack, the bio itself looks in fine scale and everything to the head and match the shape from the film, where does the battery go? Pictures look like Dutch's shoulders aren't attached to the torso, but I'd love confirmation.

I've been curious about the same thing. I speculated in a previous post. I would guess that the batteries are in the back and the bio/mask hoses are actually wires that complete the electric circuit to power the red LEDs. I guess we will see…

Yup.

And the batteries look like they are under that plate in the middle of his back, and the power button is on his shoulder.

FIG-KAI-0512_06.jpg

Good work Badvermin! :D

Mark my words, there will be at least 3 waves of this Fig. Not to mention a BD version.

Good work Badvermin! :D

Mark my words, there will be at least 3 waves of this Fig. Not to mention a BD version.

I agree with you, they will probably suck this whole line dry :banana:banana and yet i know it's coming and laugh as HT slowly takes my money:chew

the more, the merrier. I didn't understand why people where panicking early on thinking these were gonna be sold out. HT knows by now that these will be a big seller and I doubt they care about the secondary value so why not make as many as they can.

Just have to say again that this figure looks incredible. Dutch, too.

I'm surprised/concerned there are no pics of the Predator with the plasma cannon removed, backpack and all. When the helmet comes off, that should come off too.

Exclusive ver. come with Headset

31412655504e6e989721obs0.jpg

Yeah, this pretty much confirms Sideshow will have a "Exclusive" version of Dutch up for pre-order in the near future. (just like IM MKII, Wolf Cleaner, etc)

Good to know so I can wait on SSC to pre-order Dutch.

How the ^^^^ do you know that is an A3? when the only deference is the fire control!! i mean how can you tell he has it in the movie and how can you tell he doesnt have it in this pic cause that 1/6 gun is pretty fricking small.

What the %$%^$

:confused:

U can definitely not see the difference between an m16 and a m4 huh.
If u check a little better u can see the barrel / handguard is shorter.

And about the version of the m16, being it an A3 in the movie, i read they used an a3 in the movie, but thats not the point.
A2, A3.... my point was the figure has a m4, and not the m16.

Chill out

Last edited:
Yup.

FIG-KAI-0512_06.jpg

Interesting. Not to doubt Hot Toys, but I'll be curious how effect this is. If the power comes through the wires into the bio, they disconnect since they show the bio on the ground without wires in it, I wonder how durable the connection will be.

The good news is, it's a first, so if for some reason the technology gives out, he'll still be kickass above the other Predator figures, it's just icing on the cake if his bio lights up. It's too bad they didn't add that feature to the bust, would have elevated that piece for sure.

I know, especially having made a BD P2, most people would be kinda bleh about about another P2 figure, but with this new body proportion and all, I'd love to see a new and improved P2, I like the look of that Predator too and I think a new one of this calibur would rock and be worth buying the P2 again.

I think what he means is...alot of people who CAN'T afford it tend to REALLY nit pick at the accuracy of an item. Helps them feel better about themselves and not being able to get something.

"Blah...blah...blah...it's not accurate enough for me to buy."

These are usually the same people with about 5 things in their collection...and most of it McFarlane crap.

I can afford both so....whatevah. They still screwed up the blades. But that seriously will NOT stop me from buying it. FIGURE OF 2009!!!!!

Back