HT ED-209 replacement dome project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olbertfrog

Super Freak
Reaction score
HT ED-209 replacement dome READ PAGE 1!

Hello,

to make it easier, i'll update this first message with the latest infos.
the project is going well so far thanks to Blindvoyeur who's offered his services.
No price nor quantities available yet.

here is the potential buyers list so far.
Contact directly Blindvoyeur to order.
He's quite busy but it will be worth the wait ^^
Thanks

olbertfrog
galactiboy
Reinhardt
eighthsamurai
sladesuperagent
Indiana Fett
MAYBE Natrix
Wanderer
SilentSurfer
MAYBEAlice Adrenochrome
kl241
MAYBE agonistes86
DarthMagnus
toyrewind
LordAzrael
mywii
Orochi
Jediguy
godaiking
Mookeylama
creecher
kgrhoad
nicky

My original post
Hello,
the HT ED209 owners are faced with a problem concerning the rubber used for the dome. The piece has been cut too small and streched over the figure. Over the years the stress applied cause the rubber to deteriorate.

p1040184.jpg

So i wondered if some talented sculptor we have here would be up for a recast to replace this defect. Something in the line of this (posted on ReplicaForum by Keith from UK, tried to contact him but no luck)

Picture013-1.jpg

Picture014-2.jpg
Picture016-2.jpg

I'm sure there's a lot of demand for this piece.
Of course if you don't own an ED209 we should find a way to make the head available to work on it.
The ideal being someone who already has it ^^

Thanks for your help ^^

Last edited:
Re: Who's up for a HT ED209 dome?

I have contacted him in the past and he was not offering casts of the dome which is why I made my own.

Good luck.

I would be very interested in purchasing one. My dome is still in good shape (knocks on wood), but I would like to have a back up in case it decides to go out on me.

Actually this is pretty funny because a few days ago somebody commissioned me to replace their dome. They just shipped me a "mint" undamaged Ed-209 to cast. The plan is to cast a very thin one in black resin. It is being delivered via Fedex this morning :) I can ask if they would mind offering it to other people but I don't think it would be an issue with them. This is the kind of project I am geared to do now that I moved in to my new shop.

Thanks,
Ryan

I just left him a message and I will let everybody know the outcome this afternoon. I just checked the Fedex and it is out for delivery :)
Now I just have to make sure this big guy will fit in my pressure tank :rotfl

IT'S AWESOME BLINDVOYEUR !
Hope your client will be ok ^^
Keep us posted!
Thanks!

Last edited:
In the words of C-3P0 ....

He AGREES!
:fireworks

So it is a go.

I will post some pics of the ED he shipped me when he arrives in a bit.

THanks again,
Ryan

Actually this is pretty funny because a few days ago somebody commissioned me to replace their dome. They just shipped me a "mint" undamaged Ed-209 to cast. The plan is to cast a very thin one in black resin. It is being delivered via Fedex this morning :) I can ask if they would mind offering it to other people but I don't think it would be an issue with them. This is the kind of project I am geared to do now that I moved in to my new shop.

Thanks,
Ryan

In the words of C-3P0 ....

He AGREES!
:fireworks

So it is a go.

I will post some pics of the ED he shipped me when he arrives in a bit.

THanks again,
Ryan

This is AWESOME Ryan! Definitely in for one, even though mine isn't deteriorating too badly, I'd still rather have the replacement on-hand to keep ED near perfect!

:rock :rock :rock

P.S., love to hear news about the new shop being up and running!!! :yess:

FIRST!!! ^^

THIS IS EXCELLENT!!!!
Mister Blindvoyeur you're a lifesaver!
Can't wait to see your work.

I might be interested but I am pretty happy with the look of the fabric covered replacement dome I am working on.

p1040297.jpg

Looking real real good.
Awesome work Natrix.
Personaly i prefer a complete cast with no fabric because of the dust.
Do you offer your services?

Great news!!!

I am definitely interested in one as well :rock Be sure to thank the owner for allowing you to offer this to us :duff

Back