HT Dog alien assembly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neoshady

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey all,

does anyone have any tricks/hints/angles on how to get the dog alien leg on? I have tried freezing and the blow dryer.

Iam on day 2 of this :)

Dunno what freezing would help with. I'd try lightly sanding the peg (do this at your own risk -- be careful to do it little by little, or else the thing will be too loose). Then, blow-dry the area and use force to push it in.

Me, I just barely sanded the peg and forced it. I dunno why brute force seems to freak so many people out. They seem weary of keeping the shine on the figure, but that stuff will come off anyway, so I just pushed that sucker in with no worries. The leg went on nice and tight and I have no problems with it.

Just don't sand the peg anymore than you need to. Do a bit, then try force. Then do a bit more, then try force. Make sure you still have to push really hard to get it in (sanding just makes it a BIT easier). You don't want to grind it down to the point where it slides in after a light touch. As long as your arms still do the majority of the work, you should be fine.

Hope this helped :).

Fantastic ideas! Thank you all for sharing. Were talking about sanding with sand paper right? Ive never sanded before :)

Oh I tried right the brute force right before I posted with the help of my brother. Nothing more fail then two grown men failing at putting together a toy

Then I would lightly and evenly sand the ball joint. Remember that you can always sand off more but never put back. So sand for a second and try. If it doesn't work sand again.

Dude trust me. I had bruised palms and 2 days of effort to get my AVP Warrior Alien's arm joint in and secured. It just takes the right angle and the right amount of applied pressure.

When we say sanding, we don't mean with sand paper (or at least, I don't :eek:). Dunno what it's called since I borrow it from my dad's work-bench, but it looks something like this:

634013.jpg

Now the tool above uses sand paper. The tool I use has a handle and a similar shape, but the sanding portion is made of metal and has light bumpy spikes (like a really fine cheese grater, lol). Seems to work better than the paper, since it's a hard metal/iron type deal.

Nah nah nah.. Take a sharp knife(steak knife) and grind the lip in a circular motion on the opening of where the ball joint goes into the leg, took me about two tries with the second time grinding it a bit more.

All of the above work very well. I personally say brute force, but that worked for me. Sanding I would have used the 1200 grit I have for custom sanding; not too coarse. Valfar also has a very valid way. All awesome ideas, let us know how it turns out for you.

Oh snap! It went in!

Thank you all for your "Grate" ideas. I opted for the sanding method first and with alittle elbow grease it popped in with minimal effort.

Now to decide on a pose.

Once you get past the lip/ring where the ball joint passes through then it all fits proper, its the lip that is too small for the ball to be properly inserted in to the socket.

Sanding is the only way I was able to get mine to work. I tried the brute force and snapped the first one's legs. Luckily I was able to find a replacement.

But after a bit of light sanding it popped right in and was still a very tight functional joint. And the other day it was very easy to disassemble.

Back