How to identify recast Sideshow ALIENS 1:1 Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing is, those guys'll bounce back. I mean, they just get a new account. Like someone said here earlier, this is definitely something that SS should handle along with eBay.

Okay, now this is personal lol ...

They're trying but with the millions of auctions, it's impossible for them and even ebay to handle it alone. That's one of the main reasons they reached out here.

Ive reported some of these fake listings to ebay and also to Sideshow.
Ebay's response was that they cant do anything unless the official
licence holder of the product makes a complaint to ebay directly.
So If SS dont do anything about it justice will not be served.
Why should we care if they dont???
Personaly if you want to put these recasters out of bussines
DONT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!

DONT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!

Good point. I'm actually surprised SS hasn't actually issued a complaint, seeing as they're very adamant about stopping the recasting on their site.

Im glad they have this thread. Recently got into Alien and Predator Collecting and was looking for the Alien Replica and thought it was funny that they went so low.
Do people still sell the original Sideshow Alien Bust?
Or are those long gone?

DONT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol It's not that simple. Ebay doesn't know until they're reported. Sideshow doesn't have the resources to hire someone fulltime to sit at the computer and check every single auction that goes up on ebay. They can only stop them as they find them or we report them. But it's a never-ending process. It's like playing that bonk game where you hit the squirrels with the mallet but on an infinite loop. You'd sooner cure AIDs than stop Chinese bootlegs bud. :lol

As for the not buying, most of us are sorted on what to look for, but there's a collector born every minute who doesn't know the first thing about it. :(

Im glad they have this thread. Recently got into Alien and Predator Collecting and was looking for the Alien Replica and thought it was funny that they went so low.
Do people still sell the original Sideshow Alien Bust?
Or are those long gone?

A guy on eBay has his, but the bid's up to $4000-$5000. Australian, if I'm not mistaken.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol It's not that simple. Ebay doesn't know until they're reported. Sideshow doesn't have the resources to hire someone fulltime to sit at the computer and check every single auction that goes up on ebay. They can only stop them as they find them or we report them. But it's a never-ending process. It's like playing that bonk game where you hit the squirrels with the mallet but on an infinite loop. You'd sooner cure AIDs than stop Chinese bootlegs bud. :lol

As for the not buying, most of us are sorted on what to look for, but there's a collector born every minute who doesn't know the first thing about it. :(

They dont have to check every single ebay auction..:rolleyes:
Just the one's that are reported to SS and to ebay as instructed
by sideshowDusty here:- https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72846
The auctions that I reported are still on ebay which may be due to a
lack or resources:rolleyes:
Just saying, why act like you give a S^^T when you dont (SS).

I do agree with you for the inexperienced collectors who might purchase
something under the impression its a legitimate product.

They dont have to check every single ebay auction..:rolleyes:
Just the one's that are reported to SS and to ebay as instructed
by sideshowDusty here:- https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72846
The auctions that I reported are still on ebay which may be due to a
lack or resources:rolleyes:
Just saying, why act like you give a S^^T when you dont (SS).

I do agree with you for the inexperienced collectors who might purchase
something under the impression its a legitimate product.

Might not be for a lack of reporting. As far as ebay's concerned, there're two sides to every argument and it takes time to figure out what's going on. I had the same issue with culos who were bootlegging our magazine on global.ebay (Japan) and it took such a long time to get it sorted despite me faxing ebay our copyright paperwork. The Japanese bootleggers put up a hell of a fight. Sideshow might be in the same boat? :huh

Might not be for a lack of reporting. As far as ebay's concerned, there're two sides to every argument and it takes time to figure out what's going on. I had the same issue with culos who were bootlegging our magazine on global.ebay (Japan) and it took such a long time to get it sorted despite me faxing ebay our copyright paperwork. The Japanese bootleggers put up a hell of a fight. Sideshow might be in the same boat? :huh

I totaly agree. I dont expect anything to happen over night nor do
I expect the extinction of recasters but Sideshow need to protect
their licences and set an example so that people think twice about
ripping them off.

from them listings he has not stated its a sideshow product, just an alien bust :) so thats his argument there Prove its the same thing, and when you have he will of sold 5 of them and changed his name..... your just wasting your time reporting it

I totaly agree. I dont expect anything to happen over night nor do
I expect the extinction of recasters but Sideshow need to protect
their licences and set an example so that people think twice about
ripping them off.

That's pretty much what they've done. Unfortunately, it's virtually impossible to sue someone in a world court. Especially someone from a country that doesn't recognize copyrights, trademarks, etc. (Japan also doesn't recognize them). So the best you can do is inconvenience them in hopes that that particular crook will find something else.

from them listings he has not stated its a sideshow product, just an alien bust :) so thats his argument there Prove its the same thing, and when you have he will of sold 5 of them and changed his name..... your just wasting your time reporting it

Well, if SS actually decides to get involved w/ eBay itself, they could take care not to let anyone with the information they gave get an account. There ought to be some way to at least slow things down.

Hey guys, I just came across this thread and found it very informative so thanks for that. But as a new guy in this 1:1 world, I definitely could have fallen for the fake, so now I'm curious where are reputable places to buy authentic SS products? I've seen many people saying that they've seen this item go for as much as 4 grand but I haven't seen it for sale at all. I know there are only 400 out there but where are the ones for sale? Are there good sites dedicated to 1:1 collectors?

Happy collecting-
RC

its very hard to find hollywood. I dont know what its worth anymore either because of that. But as far as buying authentic sideshow products their website is of course the best place for new things. Oldies like this bust are really only going to be on ebay or you might get lucky and find one from someone on this forum by posting in the WTB section. Thats how i got mine. Just make sure its authentic (comes with original box, has an edition number, etc.)

this piece is pretty easy to distinguish the difference b/w the recast and original, just takes experience and common knowledge to know the difference. The real deal for a fair estimate is $2500-$4000 range.

Thanks for the info guys. I really love the HCG alien bust and will probably make that my next purchase in the months to come but the alien warrior is a must-have eventually. I can't imagine a LSB I'd want more, besides a clean T-800 designed like the T-600. When the time's right I wouldn't mind coughing up that kind of dough for this piece as it has some bizarre sentimental value.

Last edited:
Back