How Much Would You Pay For a 1/6th Scale Han In Carbonite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Much Would You Pay?

• $60-70

Votes: 58 41.7%
  • $70-80

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • $80-90

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • $90-100

Votes: 19 13.7%
  • $100+

Votes: 25 18.0%

• Total voters
I don't think too many that saw Jabba's throne at SDCC would say it's over priced. Then again you didn't see it so it's cool. I would expect the piece to be made of a hard vinyl of some kind or whatever materials they used on Jabba. I think when you factor in all the costs of the item (sculpting, R&D, materials, etc, etc. etc.) this will be near or around $100. Give or take $10-20 bucks. If anyone thinks this will be $50-60 that probably is a fools hope more than anything.

Josh, don't get me wrong. I don't think the throne is cheapy or anything. I think it does look amazing but it's pretty steep in price for what "appears" to be a big chunk of resin. Albeit it, an amazing looking chunk of resin. ;)

There's no exotic fabrics or complicated lighting systems that I think would justify a significantly high price.

I understand. I just think once you see it you'll see where the price comes from. This thing is so damn huge.

If I were a betting man, I would say that we'll see a 1/4 PF with lights first to go with the PF Fett...Then they'll esentially have the 'mold'...just scale it down and voila! 1/6!

I have a sneaky feeling that they'll be made of different materials too...So the PF will be of a 'higher quality' that PF collectors are accustomed to, and so that the 1/6 will be reasonably priced.

Of course given SS' tendency to group certain releases, I also wouldn't be surprised with a one-two punch of both the 1/4 and 1/6 being announced at the same time...Some collectors would buy just one or the other...and some (like me!) would get both...or for the 1/6 Boba Fett to be announced AND 1/6 Han in Carbonite and section of carbon chamber floor (all with lights) to be announced as the 'Diorama Expansion pack'...Now THAT would be COOL! :D

Alright Jabba's coming soon as is Salacious. Now we know Bubo is coming down the pipe. It appears we just might get Han in 1/6th.

I'd pay max $60.

This is a static display piece with lights. There are no moving parts, no clothing/accessories, nothing so terribly hard to sculpt. I dont see how it should be more than $60.

nash said:
I'd pay max $60.

This is a static display piece with lights. There are no moving parts, no clothing/accessories, nothing so terribly hard to sculpt. I dont see how it should be more than $60.

Yeah I think Carbonite Han is closer than we all think. The only thing I can see that would make him more than $60 is if you can only get him as part of some pack (which I can't see SS doing). I say BRING HIM ON ASAP!!!

60 Sounds about right, but I would pay a bit more if he comes with a wall environment.

And if he is made, you can be sure that Boba Fett and maybe Chewi is round the corner as well :chew :chew

LOTRFan said:
I'd take a 1/4 scale to go with Boba. :monkey5

Hey--somebody just got my attention!

I would much rather have a 1/4 scale version to display alongside my Fett PF. Make that the fancy expensive polystone one with lights and bells and whistles. Then make a less expensive one for the 1/6 line.

Heck, all they really need to do for the 1/6 line is make a hollow shell that the existing Han figure fits into with a hinge on the side so that you can open it up and take him out.

:rolleyes:

But if they want to make the very best one possible for both lines then I think you are looking at $200 for the 1/4 and $100 for the 1/6--minimum.

tomandshell said:
But if they want to make the very best one possible for both lines then I think you are looking at $200 for the 1/4 and $100 for the 1/6--minimum.

That's what I'm thinking. $80-$100 for the 1/6th.

For a slab? I'm already paying that for Jabba's throne!! It's just a wall decoration, no thank you. I paid $10 for the perfectly usable Hasbro version.

tomandshell said:
Hey--somebody just got my attention!

I would much rather have a 1/4 scale version to display alongside my Fett PF. Make that the fancy expensive polystone one with lights and bells and whistles. Then make a less expensive one for the 1/6 line.

Heck, all they really need to do for the 1/6 line is make a hollow shell that the existing Han figure fits into with a hinge on the side so that you can open it up and take him out.

:rolleyes:

I would pay up to $300 for a nice high detailed 1/4! :monkey3

Well I would pay $300 if the did this. Had the Carbonite Block along with an alcove and three walls and floor base. Have the block have working lights and a Tauntaun head as well included it could be called Jabba's Trophy Room or something like that.

Customikey said:
For a slab? I'm already paying that for Jabba's throne!! It's just a wall decoration, no thank you. I paid $10 for the perfectly usable Hasbro version.

That's kind of what I am thinking. Will there be that much difference in a SS piece or the already existing Hasbro piece? Especially for a piece like this as opposed to an actual figure.

Well Hasbros Carbonite Hans were pretty craptacular especially the last one with Boussh Lei a and the first one well it wasnt that great either. I would love for this would be made out polystone or something like that if they dont make it electronic.

KitFisto said:
That's kind of what I am thinking. Will there be that much difference in a SS piece or the already existing Hasbro piece? Especially for a piece like this as opposed to an actual figure.

It'll be about 1million times better. More detailed, better materials, etc.

It suprises me really that people expect this to be such a cheap item.

jlcmsu said:
It'll be about 1million times better. More detailed, better materials, etc.

It suprises me really that people expect this to be such a cheap item.

Well, to be honest, I have not see nthe Hasbro one in person so I was not sure how good or bad it was.

I don't expect a SS version be $10 bucks, but I don't know that I'd shell out $100 bucks for it either. I'd have to see it and it also depends on what it's made of.

What's wrong with Hasbro's Carbonite slab? The sculpted one, not the "light up" one. I've got it, and I like it quite a bit. Needs a repaint, but the svulpt seems pretty good!

Back