how much for a head?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minivader

Super Freak
Reaction score
Generally I have paid between $50 to $85. Depends on how complex the project is. If you are just asking for the price of a head with no work done to it, I think $15 to $40 is fair (depending on the head).

that first head you linked to is a copy of the hasbro han solo figure. you can get the whole hasbro figure for under $5, probably still in it's box, so i wouldn't pay 1 cent for that recast.

the tom hanks head is a custom sculpted head and very good quality. for an unpainted head like this produced in limited numbers, the rate should be between $10 and $30 for an unpainted head, depending how many are made and how much it cost to commission the sculpt.

sometimes rare unpainted sculpts have sold for over $200. you'll occasionally see these auctions from the frontline on ebay. personally if i was gonna pay over $100 for a head, i'd save up a few hundred more and just have an original sculpted.

...and another word(my opinion) about that han solo auction you linked to.........the guy selling it and many other heads is a scumbag recaster who takes other people's work and illegally copies it. most people who are new to the hobby unknowingly buy from him and usually get poor quality casts with nasty air bubbles in them.

that first head you linked to is a copy of the hasbro han solo figure. you can get the whole hasbro figure for under $5, probably still in it's box, so i wouldn't pay 1 cent for that recast.

the tom hanks head is a custom sculpted head and very good quality. for an unpainted head like this produced in limited numbers, the rate should be between $10 and $30 for an unpainted head, depending how many are made and how much it cost to commission the sculpt.

sometimes rare unpainted sculpts have sold for over $200. you'll occasionally see these auctions from the frontline on ebay. personally if i was gonna pay over $100 for a head, i'd save up a few hundred more and just have an original sculpted.

...and another word(my opinion) about that han solo auction you linked to.........the guy selling it and many other heads is a scumbag recaster who takes other people's work and illegally copies it. most people who are new to the hobby unknowingly buy from him and usually get poor quality casts with nasty air bubbles in them.

That's correct. That scumbag was selling my Oddball headsculpt awhile back. He may be doing it again. Do not buy from him. He is a thief!

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

That's correct. That scumbag was selling my Oddball headsculpt awhile back. He may be doing it again. Do not buy from him. He is a thief!

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

Yeah, Diver4 sucks... dude leeches off of the hard work of other people and makes horrible casts of them. Avoid him at all costs.

Usually buying a casted head anywhere, normal cost is about 15-40 depending on the quality and the sculptor. So you can see why custom figures can get a bit expensive after all the stuff is factored in. :D

thanks for the tip about that ebay seller, any recommendations on where I can get decent heads?

Yeah, Diver4 sucks... dude leeches off of the hard work of other people and makes horrible casts of them. Avoid him at all costs.

Usually buying a casted head anywhere, normal cost is about 15-40 depending on the quality and the sculptor. So you can see why custom figures can get a bit expensive after all the stuff is factored in. :D

sounds like a lot of freak customizer had experienced diver4.

thanks for the tip about that ebay seller, any recommendations on where I can get decent heads?

A few places... First is H2 creative or "Hero Heads" as it is lovingly called. Lonnie Hale offers a bunch of original sculpts there and they are always nicely cast and do the trick...

https://www.h2creative.com/HeroHeads.html

Also, good places to look are Monkey Depot, Toy Anxiety and other 1/6 outlets for loose heads. Sometimes you can find a good sculpt that just needs to be tweaked to work for your project.

That and just searching Ebay for original, non Diver4 head sculpts. :D

A few places... First is H2 creative or "Hero Heads" as it is lovingly called. Lonnie Hale offers a bunch of original sculpts there and they are always nicely cast and do the trick...

https://www.h2creative.com/HeroHeads.html

Also, good places to look are Monkey Depot, Toy Anxiety and other 1/6 outlets for loose heads. Sometimes you can find a good sculpt that just needs to be tweaked to work for your project.

That and just searching Ebay for original, non Diver4 head sculpts. :D

great! thanks darkartist :D

as mentioned, "hero heads" also known as "frontline" sells a nice selection of high quality celebrity heads for a very good price, also, red planet toys has a nice selection made by the same sculptor.

Back