How many more Star Wars figures will you buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the the right price and quality I'll buy any character. So the ball is in SSC's court to do that for me. I can see myself buying 10 figures a year for 10 years, but I can also see just giving up entirely if it reaches a level I can't afford.

Lobot is a $20- $30 figure, but not worth $70.
It's a shame Sideshow can't produce some figures cheaply and the pivotal characters get the super treatment.

Lobot is a $20- $30 figure, but not worth $70.
It's a shame Sideshow can't produce some figures cheaply and the pivotal characters get the super treatment.

:lecture

If BMW released a $20,000 car people would be wondering why they couldn't all be like that. I fear its the same thing for SSC. They can't lead people to believe these things are easy to do, unfortunately. Look at the Shaun of the Dead figures, my God those are the most basic figures anyone can imagine and they get slapped with a $60 price tag.

Its figures such as Lobot and Rebel Fleet Troopers that really makes me wish Hasbro did them while they had the license. There are lots of figures for me that don't need the BMW treatment when a Honda can do the trick.

I was thinking something similar. I wish there were a "hasbro-esque" company that could use the crappy Buck body with outfits tailored to fit and generic faces.

I'll continue to buy them one way or another. Either from the SSC site or in a cheaper secondary market. I'd spend some cash on an EU Mara Jade or Thrawn.
If they decide to make Vader or a Stormtrooper I'm there too.
If Lobot or Uncle Owen come down the pike I'd pass on them like Snowbunny Padme.
If they make a Leia from ESB on Hoth I'd get it or Padme(better sculpt) with that backless dress she wore on Nabu.
:chew

I cannot see an end in sight for me ....keep em coming.... :chew:chew:chew

Hasbro did do Imperial officers at $20 and they sucked.

The R&D, license fee and cost of materials doesn't change because of what character it is.

Hasbro did do Imperial officers at $20 and they sucked.

Agreed! I bought one at Tuesday Morning for $9.99 and I sold it on eBay for $5 a few months later. Very poor figure. The best items for kit bashing were the boots. The uniform reminded me of pajamas.

As far as this thread. It will depend on quality. I want detailed imperial military figures outside of collecting the main characters and I won't pay more than $70.

:maul

How many? less than 20, depending on what's offered.

X-Wing Luke
Lando
Yoda
R2
3P0
Imperial Guard
Biker Scout
Stormtrooper
Vader
AOTC Padme
AOTC Obi
TPM Obi
Chewbacca
Mara
Leia (though I have Boushh, I don't have that perfect Leia figure on display)

A few of those (Chewie and the droids) might never happen or could be priced more than I want to pay.

I could also see SSC surprising me with a character I didn't expect (Zayne Carrick, Owen's corpse) or just coming out with a kick-ass product that gets me in a weak moment.

Price is a factor; so is space. This isn't the only line I collect.

If we're talking 1/6 scale, I've collected every exclusive except Jedi Luke so far, but I don't know if I really need every figure they make after this. Hot Toys has taken a fair chunk of my collecting budget the last couple of years, and something's got to give, unfortunately. LOTR is still my first and foremost line with Sideshow, and I'm sticking with that to the bitter end.

I love Star Wars, but I may just have to limit my choices from now on. Guess it depends on how good a figure looks and whether I can afford it or not. I'd probably still go for an X-Wing pilot Luke, if they ever make one, but I'll likely have to pass on any more of the characters that have already been done more than once, depending on quality vs price... :monkey2

It depends on how many look good and are characters I care about. If ANH Luke is the standard for the new price, then I'll be even pickier than I have been. I'll probably stick to Jedi and Sith and the core OT characters. Still gotta get me that ANH Leia...

I'll TRY to get them all. Still need to backtrack and get Quigon and Han.

I'll get all I can as long as it's not too cost prohibitive.

These are figures I would definitely buy if offered, even with the base price of $60 :google

The Phantom Menace
1. Padme (Naboo purple get-up)
2. Battle Droid

Attack of the Clones
3. Count Dooku (one figure for II and III)
4. Jango Fett
5. Yoda (one figure for II and III)
6. Ki Adi Mundi
7. Clone Trooper (generic white and black)

Revenge of the Sith
8. General Grievous (not gonna happen, but hopeful :monkey2 )
9. Clone Trooper (generic white and black)

An New Hope
10. C3 PO
11. R2 D2
12. Jawa
13. Tuskin Raider
14. Rebel Trooper (Tantive IV)
15. X-Wing Pilot
16. Chewbacca (one for IV, V and VI)
17. Grand Moff Tarkin
18. Stormtrooper
19. Greedo

Empire Strikes Back
20. Leai (white asskickin' get-up)
21. Lando
22. Yoda (one for V and VI)
23. Bossk
24. IG-88
25. Boba Fett
26. Snowtroope
27. Rebel Trooper (Hoth)

Return of the Jedi
28. Emperor
29. Darth Vader (full reveal)
30. Wicket (hopefully a 2-pack with another ewok)
31. Admiral Ackbar
32. Royal Guard
33. Gamorrean Guard
34. Scout trooper
35. Anakin (Ghost, but only if Shaw)

And I'm sure there's more I would get if offered... don't want to limit myself too much :rock

Agreed! I bought one at Tuesday Morning for $9.99 and I sold it on eBay for $5 a few months later. Very poor figure. The best items for kit bashing were the boots. The uniform reminded me of pajamas.

As far as this thread. It will depend on quality. I want detailed imperial military figures outside of collecting the main characters and I won't pay more than $70.

:maul

A little updating makes him an OK figure for the price i paid for him, £6.

ImperialOfficer3.jpg

Back