How do you rank the Predator films now?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You summed it up Evil. Most of the movie is just a ripoff of the original.
And a lot of people are getting sucked into it.

Thats not entirely fair.

I see it as Predator and Predators to Alien and Alien 3.

Very similar plot formula but with enough new meat inbetween to keep you happy.

Also not the best sequel it could have been (ala Aliens) but not the worst by any means.

And of course if it were too differant we'd be having the its too far removed debate so its really a lose lose. Again its just a case of fans having theyre expectations way too high for a franchise that was spawned as nothing more then an 80s action romp. If you expected more then a 2010 version with the same over the top Robert Rod style then your going home dissapointed.

My personal rank:

1/ Predator:- 9/10
2/ Predators - 8.5/10
3/ predator 2 - 6.5/10
3/ AVP - 6/10
4/ AVPR - 4,5/10 :
Sorry, but Too many stupid and pointless human scenes through the movie...although, Wolf was a real badass!!

My personal rank:

1/ Predator:- 9/10
2/ Predators - 8.5/10
3/ predator 2 - 6.5/10
3/ AVP - 6/10
4/ AVPR - 4,5/10 :
Sorry, but Too many stupid and pointless human scenes through the movie...although, Wolf was a real badass!!

Same ranking for me exactly! :)

Wierd hay that we rank 5 films the same :lol

Ok, why not stir the pot a little;

1. Predator 2. IMO still the only sequel to deliver a similar punch to the original, and actually my favourite. Where the first film has the Predator as a monster with hints of character, P2’s creature is by far the strongest character of its species to date. Unlike the later films, it’s not in the shadow of its predecessor; no shameless referencing and requiting here, and the Predator concept / mythos gets a very logical, balanced expansion. The film also benefits from further developments of the Predator by Stan Winston and Kevin Hall.

2. Predator. A fantastic actioner – end of story. I’ll freely admit it is technically better than P2 but the Predator itself isn’t as well handled.

3/4. Tied; AVP / Predators. Yep, I really couldn’t call it! Both have good ideas and standout moments. Predators does its human characters better and has far more consistency in its quality. On the other hand, there’s a bit too much re-use of ideas from the original film. AVP, while at times slow, tries VERY hard to be original and deliver some serious SF. It’s also by far the most epic Predator film in its scope.

5. AVP-R. I’m a bit of a fanboy, and AVP-R is generally entertaining if braindead. The Dawson’s Creek setting and human characters are mitigated by the Predalien and Wolf, with just enough spot-on action to keep interest up. An honourable mention is deserved for the pool scene, which shows that there is very little which cannot be improved by the addition of an Alien.

5. AVP-R. I’m a bit of a fanboy, and AVP-R is generally entertaining if braindead. The Dawson’s Creek setting and human characters are mitigated by the Predalien and Wolf, with just enough spot-on action to keep interest up. An honourable mention is deserved for the pool scene, which shows that there is very little which cannot be improved by the addition of an Alien.

that part made me :lol it was cool and then JAWS ALIEN came out of nowhere! :D

I just saw Predators last night, and I really enjoyed it. There was a little too much of an homage to the original IMO.

My ranking is:

P1
Predators Because I really enjoy the hunting in the jungle premise
P2
AVP-R As others have said, Wolf is a Bad Ass
AVP

I've just come back from the theater and :monkey1... what a stupid, stupid film. I can't remember who said that predators is one "whore of a film" but that guy was right.
Too many ____ moves imo. The characters, except for Royce, are just soulless, nothing charismatic about them.
I'm really not convinced with the Planet either. The jungle in "Predator" looked much more threatening.

As for the preds themselves, only Berserker looks cool. But their roar is just stupid. What happened to P1's emblematic roar against Dutch? That was pure awesomeness!

And Laurence Fishburne in this film is the greatest joke ever:monkey4:dunno

My ranking:

-Predator
-Predator 2
-Predators

Predator 2 was hardly a ripoff of the first one. It had to have similar elements, like I dont know duuuuh, mby the predator, because its a sequel?
Predators, however, was a lot more ripoff than P2, because lets face it, some of its homages were like in AVPR.

You summed it up Evil. Most of the movie is just a ripoff of the original.
And a lot of people are getting sucked into it.

How? Granted there were nods, but how did it rip off the original more than P2? Because it was in a "jungle?" :lol The story was different, the characters were different, and hell, even the preds (save for classic) were different.

How? Granted there were nods, but how did it rip off the original more than P2? Because it was in a "jungle?" :lol The story was different, the characters were different, and hell, even the preds (save for classic) were different.

How did Pred 2 rip off the original ?

lol, why you getting so mad if people don't like this movie?

I haven't seen it yet, looks too much like a rehash of Predator, with a few more Predators. . .

That sums it up perfectly. It is.

I wouldn't say it ripped the original off but there were a lot of scenes where I was thinking , man this is pretty much copying Predator.
The way certain things were shot , jumping into the waterfall , the Yakuza guy turning around to fight the predator and taking his sword out just like Billy with the Machete. Royce showing up covered in mud , those are just a few things I can remember and honestly it did bother me.
I said it in the other thread , it felt like a fan film to me.

Predator, Predator 2 and Predators have similar elements but all stand alone enough in my opinion. The similar stuff they did have had to be there because they are sequels and they are giving "the fans" what they want, and I for one thank them for it.

Predator, Predator 2 and Predators have similar elements but all stand alone enough in my opinion. The similar stuff they did have had to be there because they are sequels and they are giving "the fans" what they want, and I for one thank them for it.

At lest all the pred films to date have made profit and have not flopped.
Guess we get a few more :yess:

Back