How do you change HT heads?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smally

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey Freaks,

can someone please tell me how to change a head on a HT fig?
I have just bought a custom Apone head for my USCM fig but cant work out how to remove the old one without causing any damage!

Cheers for now,
Smally.

Hey Freaks,

can someone please tell me how to change a head on a HT fig?
I have just bought a custom Apone head for my USCM fig but cant work out how to remove the old one without causing any damage!

Cheers for now,
Smally.

Use a blow dryer on the hot air setting to soften the plastic.

put it in boiling water for about a minute to soften the plasic then remove.
just make sure you get rid of all the water first by using a towel or something.

I just pull like hell....rest for a sec.....pull like hell.

well yeah, i usually find removing all hot toys heads really easy and dont need to use heat guns/blow dryers or boiling water at all...apart from my kyle reese figure.
i cut my finger open and broke the neck post removing his head by brute force...ive learned my lesson now so if the head is quite hard to remove, i'll just use the boiling water method.

I would recommend heating the neck area with a hair dryer and try to heat all surface area around the neck uniformly (don't focus the heat on one spot). After around 30 to 40 secs of heating, you can just pull it off relatively easily.

Back