How do we remove an Head on a Sideshow Body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadMan-Mart

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Well...Maybe this was ask before, but I need to know how to remove the head from the body on a Sideshow figure without doing any damage to them? Thanks!!

Hair dryer for two minutes, or submerge the head in boiling water for two minutes and pull gently.

You might want to wrap a towel around it since it will be hot.

I just did my first one yesterday, and holy crap it's a totally different story than Dragon's.

I had to use a butter-knife to pry the sucker apart even after I heated the head up.

Good luck

Remove a head from a SSC body? Talk to this guy:

101405kurgan_09.jpg

Here's a fun question: Did I just break my body? I thought I was supposed to separate the head from the neck on the seam shown in the picture below. But, as you can see, it came off on the ball joint thingy that hooks up to the spring.

img0239rl1.jpg

So, did I break it? I still can't get the f'n thing off the seam I was initially trying for...

It's okay Kabukiman. Here's an excuse to buy a superior body for your Myers! Go with a Hot Toys or ACE.

It's okay Kabukiman. Here's an excuse to buy a superior body for your Myers! Go with a Hot Toys or ACE.

That's definitely what I'm thinking... It's like fate intervened and said "Your Meyers is simply too awesome for that body. Go forth, and seek out a body worthy of it's awesomeness!" :lol

I have popped many-a-head off of my figures and I have never had one break. You really have to be a stickler to protocol. Thats why I prefer the boiling method over the hair dryer one. If the water is boiling I know that putting the head into it for 60 seconds is surely gonna take that head off with ease.

Is the boiling water method safe on custom painted heads that have been sealed with a clear coat?

I have popped many-a-head off of my figures and I have never had one break. You really have to be a stickler to protocol. Thats why I prefer the boiling method over the hair dryer one. If the water is boiling I know that putting the head into it for 60 seconds is surely gonna take that head off with ease.
i like to boil the head while im boiling macaroni for supper. kills 2 birds with 1 stone IMO.
actually the hair dryer has never failed me. but then ive only taken off about 4 heads. female heads are harder to get off cuz there is no neck.

I was nearly crying doing this a while back :lol.
When I tried my first custom it was. Then I found the miracles of a heat gun !.
Thats probably the fastest way , within 20 seconds it will slip off , but be warned they get very very hot!!.

Is the boiling water method safe on custom painted heads that have been sealed with a clear coat?

This is just my opinion bro but NEVER and I mean NEVER put a custom painted head sculpt in water!!!! NEVER!!!! The stock head sculpts no problem but PAINTED even with clear cote could possibly DAMAGE the paint!!! Do as you will but I think it could end in disastrous results.:monkey2

Back