How about this idea for ordering the next SS Limited edition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TOE said:
the lottery is a great idea. Many customers here have super fast internet making us regular speeders a bit in the dust. I know I can upgrade my internet to something faster but I will not do it just for Sideshow limited products.

basically what killed me on the PF spidey orderings.

TOE said:
the lottery is a great idea. Many customers here have super fast internet making us regular speeders a bit in the dust. I know I can upgrade my internet to something faster but I will not do it just for Sideshow limited products.

on the other side of the medallion, there are some out there who are unable to fasten their internet lines due to location

PS: like me :D

The lottery was a nightmare for us administratively. Hardly any of those selected followed the lottery directions. Clients had bad credit cards, other peoples credit cards, incomplete shipping addresses, did not want to pay the price of shipping from US even though advertised form US, etc.

Nightmare, nightmare, nightmare. Any other suggestions beter be good or you will find us unwilling to take another shot.

Chicky

Chicky said:
Any other suggestions beter be good or you will find us unwilling to take another shot.
and with that ultimatum I think mine is a very good idea. :D

occulum said:
I think that SS should just never announce the ES of any piece prior to preorder even if its already set. Then the people who really wanted one would end up ordering and if it was limited to 25pcs, nobody would have had any idea until after the fact. What a cool surprise it would be.

And yes, this would somewhat make people order every item in case its super limited and then cancel when they find out its not, but SS could nip or capitalize off of that by charging 10-20% non refundable deposit on every preorder. I know most would disagree about the deposit, but I dont see any harm in paying a little to back out of a purchase I had commited to. And constant flippers would get tired of paying the cancellation fee trying to guess the rare pieces and stop doing it eventually.

I'm guessing this was less like a lottery and more like "who can follow directions?".

Hi Chicky,

I have an idea when it comes to pre-ordering the non-very-limited items :monkey3 . My idea is to have a 5 or 6 hours of pre-ordering time. In every hour, for example, have only 200 exclusives open for pre-ordering when the item is limited to 1000. This way, those that have to go to school or work also have the chance of getting one. :D

For the very limited item, ....:huh

TOE said:
Hi Chicky,

I have an idea when it comes to pre-ordering the non-very-limited items :monkey3 . My idea is to have a 5 or 6 hours of pre-ordering time. In every hour, for example, have only 200 exclusives open for pre-ordering when the item is limited to 1000. This way, those that have to go to school or work also have the chance of getting one. :D
Given that I will now be in class when the newsletter is released :monkey2 I like that idea. :D

Agent0028 said:
Given that I will now be in class when the newsletter is released :monkey2 I like that idea. :D

i came up with the idea last semester because i was always in class at 6 - 9 pm. And at work during the Friday PPO time :monkey2 I can call customer service but i can't spend 10 minutes outside trying to call specially some of the patients need help and what not. So, I hope Sideshow find this idea helpful :eek:

TOE said:
And at work during the Friday PPO time :monkey2
Crap, I forgot now I'm interning on Fridays. Sideshow, you're breaking my heart. You're going down a path I can't follow. :monkey2

Why not selling the stuff directly via ebay?

Makes no difference to most of the very limited stuff. And would it make easier to change bases and would give some points!

Chicky said:
The lottery was a nightmare for us administratively. Hardly any of those selected followed the lottery directions. Clients had bad credit cards, other peoples credit cards, incomplete shipping addresses, did not want to pay the price of shipping from US even though advertised form US, etc.

Nightmare, nightmare, nightmare. Any other suggestions beter be good or you will find us unwilling to take another shot.

Chicky

Part of those problems were because it was an "in stock" item. I think a lot of the issues would not have occurred if it was an normal pre-order. I really can't think of any good reasons to not pre-order items instead of holding them for "in stock" status; even if the pre-order is only 3 or 4 weeks in advance of the item coming into the warehouse, that would still allow clients time to make sure their CC have space, or deposit money in their checking accounts if they use a check card (which many do), or verify addresses and the like. I really think you will always have some of these problems on "in stock" announcements like this because collectors are collectors and will order it no matter what and try to cover the cost somehow. With at least a few weeks notice, there will be far fewer declines, etc.

Just my opinion, but since Sideshow always knows in advance they are doing these items, why not let us order in advance as well. I really appreciated the Dracula SSE 1:1 bust being a pre-order because I probably would not have been able to afford it "in stock" right before Christmas, but now I can plan for it and add it to my collection.

hey L!

Thansk for the suggestion but very few of our orders like this are in stock. Majority are pre-orders, so we feel that this is a unique change.

C

Chicky said:
hey L!

Thansk for the suggestion but very few of our orders like this are in stock. Majority are pre-orders, so we feel that this is a unique change.

C

OK, but I would tend to disagree...

"Ultra" limited Sideshow items (defined as fewer than 100 pieces) from the past year:

Grey Hulk VS Spider-Man (50) - Pre-order
Ardeth Bey 1:1 SSE Bust (15) - In-Stock
Retro Spider-Man PF (75) - In-Stock
Negative Zone Spider-Man PF (75) - In-Stock
Dracula 1:1 SSE Bust (35) - Pre-order
Mummy SSE PF (50) - In-Stock

So, out of 6 "ultra" limited items, 4 were in-stock and 2 were pre-orders; I think that makes the majority in-stock orders.

I know I had to scramble to get finances in line for all of those in-stock items (except the Grey Hulk which I missed), and even the Dracula bust since I was expecting it to be in-stock as well. I really appreciate having a little time before an item ships to budget for it.

I understand that Sideshow may have reasons to offer the occasional in-stock order, whether it is marketing or to create a buzz, but it can make it really difficult for someone trying to complete a line. I would just like to request that Sideshow take a closer look at why they are offering a particular item as in-stock instead of as a pre-order in the future.

Thanks for reading Chicky; I know you guys do read and consider our suggestions (as evidenced by the lottery) and that is all we can ask as collectors.

Lonnie

We consider these items among all our other editions. Thus, the majority we launch as in stock are very few. We have done this with others, not considered extreme as well, such as the zombie and Medicom spidey stuff.

In comparison, it is a small percentage.

c

Chicky said:
We consider these items among all our other editions. Thus, the majority we launch as in stock are very few. We have done this with others, not considered extreme as well, such as the zombie and Medicom spidey stuff.

In comparison, it is a small percentage.

c

Well yes, over all of your product range, it is an extremely small percentage. Maybe just don't do it in conjunction with extremely limited or expensive items??? :D

Chicky said:

Chicky

Hi Chicky, I have a new idea for Sideshow,
When it comes to The Vintage Monsters 12 inch 1/4 Scale & Life-Sized Bust lines. Why not let the collector pick what paint job they want? That will make both sides happy, Then no one will be unhappy.
All I ask is that Sideshow try this one time.
You will find this is the way to go.

Thanks
The Monster,
Nick

For the next SS limited Edition I will ask if one day sideshow could reserve 25% of the stock in PPO for EU people (and all people EU wharehouse can deliver) as we could see it's hard to obtain an order when item is very limited (due to internet speed connection by first, and other times by late hour).
With this EU customers will have chance to PPO high limited item and US customers and other customers within will not be the only one to have high limited item (for a lot after on ebay :lol )
;)

Back