1/6 Hot Toys Wonder Woman Training Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of the package the ankles should only tilt forward and back, but if you pull off the boot (don't worry it won't damage anything) you can rotate the peg so you can tilt the foot side to side for action poses.

After rewatching the movie it's also a bit more frustrating that they didn't include a training sword and shield. It just seems weird now putting her in any action pose with the God Killer when she didn't even use it in that outfit.

But oh well, that aside this is still an amazing figure. And it's so nice to be able to pose a WW figure without needing to constantly futz the hair as well. :D I was also able to get the arms a bit closer to her side, by angling them back and turning her elbows inward a bit first. As usual with HT the lips are way too dark so think I'll have to lighten those up at some point, and I'd also like to darken the end of her skirt more like it should be.

Anyway here's a bunch of random pics I just took.

View attachment 425074

View attachment 425075

View attachment 425076

View attachment 425077

View attachment 425078

View attachment 425079

View attachment 425080

nice poses! How did you get that shield to stay on her back?

As far as I know the only way to get the shield to stay on her back is to use her ponytail lol. Works pretty well and from front on you'd have no idea.

Yeah I used a combination of her ponytail and a simple little clip I made from some wire.

20180903_130639~01.jpg

Anyone get those tiny snags on the rubber body the type that show up under lights but not very noticeable otherwise , any tips on getting rid of them? It's annoying me because I know it's there now.

My quibble with this figure is the arms being slightly too flared out and not sitting flush at the sides enough. The left arm seemingly slightly a bit more so.

That looks great Faststreets! Does HT warn of staining with this robe/cloak? Did you soak yours before putting it on the figure?

Wow, that looks fantastic! Honestly I think that might be the best solution for those of us who don't care for either the BVS or JL sculpts-- just put on the TA head and go for her "first reveal" look in the cave.

My quibble with this figure is the arms being slightly too flared out and not sitting flush at the sides enough. The left arm seemingly slightly a bit more so.

More so than the BvS WW?

My main quibble with both WW figures I've had so far is how easily the hands keep falling off especially when trying to get her to hold accessories. Batman is often the same with his gauntlets popping the hands off easily. HT should really start giving each hand it's own wrist peg to make things easier to.

More so than the BvS WW?

My main quibble with both WW figures I've had so far is how easily the hands keep falling off especially when trying to get her to hold accessories. Batman is often the same with his gauntlets popping the hands off easily. HT should really start giving each hand it's own wrist peg to make things easier to.

Eh, perhaps about the same actually I guess. I think it’s just more discernible on the TA WW, mine at least, because she’s facing straight forward and all she has is the sword, and her arms are straight at her side. BvS has the sword and shield, and is posed at an angle.

The left hand on my TA slides out relatively easily. The gauntlet is what actually helps hold it in place.

Not trying to go for aesthetics, just literally snapped a quick pic at the distance I currently am from the detolf just to show what I mean regarding the arms:

0A38BC34-DD84-40B8-8F66-4FBFC0872D8B.jpg

After rewatching the movie it's also a bit more frustrating that they didn't include a training sword and shield. It just seems weird now putting her in any action pose with the God Killer when she didn't even use it in that outfit.

But oh well, that aside this is still an amazing figure. And it's so nice to be able to pose a WW figure without needing to constantly futz the hair as well. :D I was also able to get the arms a bit closer to her side, by angling them back and turning her elbows inward a bit first. As usual with HT the lips are way too dark so think I'll have to lighten those up at some point, and I'd also like to darken the end of her skirt more like it should be.

Anyway here's a bunch of random pics I just took.

View attachment 425074

View attachment 425075

View attachment 425076

View attachment 425077

View attachment 425078

View attachment 425079

View attachment 425080

Looks beautiful, Dave - hoping BBTS gets their stock in someday....

I think her arm flares out slightly on mine but not quite as much as that.

That’s as far as it goes on mine. At least as far as I can get it to go.

Perhaps you got lucky, because there’s been several ones I’ve seen as well where the left arm in particular appears to flare out a bit:

View attachment 418023

Love this figure. Glad I held off on a WW Hot Toys Figure to work out a better Headsculpt.

Truly impressed. [emoji108]
8fe67e18cb86122250c96fc1c309c1c4.jpg
435acffe93b706e548f2be1df2c9c16e.jpg
d8b7abb89a4e1c16fd7d21e28deb0371.jpg
a560b8de8536710762a1fed712b8f14a.jpg
a96f7030e928e599f22b4f87a69155d8.jpg
4132c9c84b129d5feedb7f89cb23ff9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But as mentioned, it appears to be about the same as the BvS WW:

The training hs on the BvS WW. Love it!
7aa689fa0b3a47ad4ea6228e3e61b66e.jpg

That’s as far as it goes on mine. At least as far as I can get it to go.

Perhaps you got lucky, because there’s been several ones I’ve seen as well where the left arm in particular appears to flare out a bit:

But as mentioned, it appears to be about the same as the BvS WW:

This is about as close as I can get both arms to her sides right now.

ww.jpg

Well if you just push the arms straight in not much happens, but like I said in my earlier post if you angle them back first so they clear the sides of the outfit, and turn the elbows inward for leverage, it'll allow you to click the arms in a bit further (pushing the arms up also helps a bit, but then you have to be careful that it doesn't look like she's shrugging her shoulders).

Here's how far in I was able to get the arms on mine:

20180903_211912 (574x925).jpg

:clap Looks great there davejames! I might grab an extra training armour sculpt to use with this figure. Thanks for the tip about her arms, will try it later.

Back