1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20881831_1844471538911507_3656008864854732110_n.jpg

I don't think you're blind, I just can't put my finger on it. Again, better photos might change my mind.

Understand,I was curious on different opinion though thanks for sharing,yeah hoping soon for official announce.

I remember the good days when Scar 2.0 was $210. But still $210 was very expensive compared to the Berserker which was $170

No doubt good old days,the first Scar sell price around USD150 if IRC,10 years after cost half of that,who can imagine another 10 years would be. :peace

I really can't pinpoint my problem with it. It looks good don't get me wrong. Maybe it's the zombie lights they have on it? It looks very desaturated of color.

And wait, I thought his left eye was white?

Well Guess that's one of the first improvements needed-a change to a white eye cause left eye was definitely white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt good old days,the first Scar sell price around USD150 if IRC,10 years after cost half of that,who can imagine another 10 years would be. :peace

I bought first Hot Toys Scar for $120. That was 11 years ago.

Looks great but it would be an argument with myself to justify if I need Wolf. I have Scar and P2 Elder 2.0’s , so there really is not need to spend $30+ (inflation) on a product I essentially have.

Again internal argument…..

I guess that explains why I'm not liking it :lol I guess I noticed it unconsciously. The lack of green on his burn really makes it look dull.

Sculpts looks pretty good...but I need to pull my original out to check it. Because in my minds eye, this just looks like the same sculpt but painted better. Similar to that Bank Robber Joker 2.0 they did a while back. They just repainted the original Bank robber Joker sculpt.

I haven't looked at my old Wolf pred in a while, so I'm likely wrong.

My two cents: Better than expected and far better than Hot Toys' 1.0 Wolf.

That said, it suffers from the same problem HT's Berserker figure did, which is the mouth/jaw part of the figure is too narrow. Both Berserker and Wolf, especially with their mouths open, have a wider jaw portion that, from the front, almost looks like an upside down pear (although with the dome ridges it's almost a vertical rectangle).

It's still an instant purchase for me, but if the area around the jaw can be widened, this might become the first masked Predator I'll display unmasked.

So close, Tsang. You can do it. Please do fix it if you can.

Here's a comparison shot with movie stunt suit, closeup shot and Neca's figure (with prototype paint).
comp.jpg

Hold on... then why do so many renditions of him have him with a white eye? Or was that mask purely so the wearer could see?

My two cents: Better than expected and far better than Hot Toys' 1.0 Wolf.

That said, it suffers from the same problem HT's Berserker figure did, which is the mouth/jaw part of the figure is too narrow. Both Berserker and Wolf, especially with their mouths open, have a wider jaw portion that, from the front, almost looks like an upside down pear (although with the dome ridges it's almost a vertical rectangle).

It's still an instant purchase for me, but if the area around the jaw can be widened, this might become the first masked Predator I'll display unmasked.

So close, Tsang. You can do it. Please do fix it if you can.

Here's a comparison shot with movie stunt suit, closeup shot and Neca's figure (with prototype paint).
View attachment 360554

What also bugs me is that I can see fragments of Classic's and Shadow's face in there. Maybe due to one of those being used as a base sculpt and built upon, who knows? But still. Wolf looks nothing like them.

comp2.jpg

All of the above aside, credit where credit is due:

comp 3.jpg

Hold on... then why do so many renditions of him have him with a white eye? Or was that mask purely so the wearer could see?

I think there were two masks (or versions) at least. One for the introduction scene and closeup shots, and one for the away-from-camera action shots. Big Chap style.

I think there were two masks (or versions) at least. One for the introduction scene and closeup shots, and one for the away-from-camera action shots. Big Chap style.

Yeah that sounds right. The movie is so goddamn dark, I don't specifically remember seeing his left eye at all.

I think we've been rather spoiled by Sideshow's large-mandibled take on Wolf. The mandibles on this figure do need to be slightly bigger, but nowhere near the size of SSC's. I think it's solid as-is. Eager to see how it looks from a more neutral angle, one that isn't looking down. That might help the mandible proportions.

Either way, it's a day one PO. Really hope this sells well because so many folks have been asking for it and it seemed this line was dead after 2015.

Side note: Tsang mentioned in a Facebook comment that he'd like to fight to get more accessories into this release.

Too me it looks like the cheek bones need to be sharper and the crown of the head just a tad wider.

Back