1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel sick. I've had him less than a week. I was just trying to raise the lower arm a little and the elbow joint snapped. I have not had this happen before. Any ideas? wp.jpgwp2.jpgwp3.jpg

Get a small drill bit and drill it in. Then get a little larger bit and screw it into the broken nub in the upper arm to pull it out. Then you can replace the broken joint or try to fix the existing one. Or you can ship it to me and I can fix it for you my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contact whoever you got it from or just buy a replacement body for it now before they become scarce and more expensive.

Other than that, you could try switching the pegs, but removing the part stuck in the upper arm is going to be difficult, not counting finding a replacement peg.

Or just do what the guy above just said

You could also contact hot toys or sideshow if you got it through them and have them send you a replacement joint or even a full arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and offers of help. I ordered this from Sideshow and it arrived Friday. Didn't even open it until Sunday afternoon. I'll give SS a try as a few people said they had the same problem and SS was helpful. If not I'll let you know and reach out. Thanks a lot everyone.

I have a spare hot toys wolf 2.0 head if anyone needs one. I bought it for a custom but decided not to use it. PM me if you are interested.

also if you want to pop the arm off of the figure and send it to me I can fix it for you that way.

Luckily this didn’t happen to mine, but the elbow joints are pretty damn stiff. You kind of hold your breath when applying pressure to try and move them.

I had that happen once to me, but with a wrist joint. I just drilled in a very small screw into the broken joint to sort of create a handle, then used pliers to pull the broken joint out. Worked like a charm.

Well put it this way: If you’re a fan of Predator in general or a fan of Wolf Predator in particular, get it. It’s an awesome figure overall and one of HT’s better Predator figures. Every figure is going to have its flaws and shortcomings though.

The best Pred so far are from AVP line. Wolf is on par, or even better than Celtic 2.0.

Plus, no Tsang-esque for face or mask. Everything is at least 90% screen-accurate this time. Which is a big plus.

The only flaws are wrongly assembled plasma cannon and giraffe neck. Everything else is worth every penny.

As far as the figure itself goes, the only glaring flaws to me are the lack of dreads and the incorrect plasma pistol. As far as an overall package or things I think they could have done better are included more hands, perhaps a set of closed mandibles, and the second plasmacaster I think could have had a better mounting system.

As far as the figure itself goes, the only glaring flaws to me are the lack of dreads and the incorrect plasma pistol. As far as an overall package or things I think they could have done better are included more hands, perhaps a set of closed mandibles, and the second plasmacaster I think could have had a better mounting system.

Agreed. The only downside for the fig for me is the lack of "extras." Celtic still remains the best value for money pred I've ever purchased but Wolf has a great look and some fantastic shelf presence. I feel like he is the most poseable of the Hot Toys preds besides maybe Cityhunter.

Exactly. Most of my gripes are what this figure doesn’t include or things that could have been executed a bit better, as opposed to the aesthetics of the figure itself. The figure itself is quite beautiful and has a ton of presence on the shelf.

I think the fact that he doesn’t have much of a body net is what helps make him poseable more so than other Predator figures. The Super Predator figures I feel benefitted from this as well.

With the body net, especially on the legs, you have to be a bit cognizant how you pose the figure so as not to put too much stress on any of the netting at the joints.

Back