Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's likely due to the feet design, they're high heels :lol Ask a girl you know how bad high heels are, I hear they're awful.

I can agree that spiderman is the posterboy for marvel, he was one of the first major hits for marvel and was the longest running comic book series ever with 700 issues along with a new series. I think Wolverine was popular but I think he got a lot more popularity due to the fact he was a member of the xmen. Xmen in the 90's were very popular, especially with the TV series. I think had IM had a hit tv show it might of been different. Not to say that IM isn't popular but I do somewhat agree that since Robert Jr. has downed the suit its become very mainstream.

it's like saying Vegeta is famous because he's part of DBZ team. but yea, it's much more difficult to sell 1 hero compared to 10 with 10 you can create different characters that suits different viewers.

i guess that is why a 15 person pop group like those in Japan & Korea can last for 20 years.

it's like saying Vegeta is famous because he's part of DBZ team. but yea, it's much more difficult to sell 1 hero compared to 10 with 10 you can create different characters that suits different viewers.

i guess that is why a 15 person pop group like those in Japan & Korea can last for 20 years.

Like I said he was/is popular but by being on the xmen as well as the TV series in the 90's it boosted his popularity. Not to mention he was the badass of the group and come on, who dosent want to be the badass right?

I can agree that spiderman is the posterboy for marvel, he was one of the first major hits for marvel and was the longest running comic book series ever with 700 issues along with a new series. I think Wolverine was popular but I think he got a lot more popularity due to the fact he was a member of the xmen. Xmen in the 90's were very popular, especially with the TV series. I think had IM had a hit tv show it might of been different. Not to say that IM isn't popular but I do somewhat agree that since Robert Jr. has downed the suit its become very mainstream.

This. I'm going to go ahead and say that 95% of Iron Man "fans" weren't really fans before RDJ put on the suit. Hell, they probably never read an IM Comic before in their life.

>________> I had read a few comics, seen the series, but RDJ did cement me toward the character. I can't really get into the other Avengers (bar Black Widow and Hulk) though, Captain America I'm swaying to, but Thor...nope.

I personally didn't give a damn about IM before RDJ.

I still don't, but at least I know of its existence. Can't deny that some of the figures are extremely well made though.

Man, I NEED to see a review of Raiden. Such a beautiful fig but I'm dreading that articulation will be non existent.

That's what worries me too. HT HAS done some good engineering, like the Iron Men, Robocop and Predatorsr, but we haven't seen poses on this. Also if it's rubber, then we are screwed.

I still don't, but at least I know of its existence. Can't deny that some of the figures are extremely well made though.

Man, I NEED to see a review of Raiden. Such a beautiful fig but I'm dreading that articulation will be non existent.

ironman was one of the favorites when Marvel vs Capcom came out. the only character who can constantly chuck out big lasers compared to the peashooter Rockman & water shooting cyclops.

Seriously....

Raiden wasn't even on the estimated figure release date paper that Anthony tsang showed. That was weird especially since this figure is to be released wayy before a lot of figures on the list he showed.

We NEED to get more word on raiden

Seriously....

Raiden wasn't even on the estimated figure release date paper that Anthony tsang showed. That was weird especially since this figure is to be released wayy before a lot of figures on the list he showed.

We NEED to get more word on raiden

Very worrying. But that list looks abit light so i doubt that its all of HotToys releases for this thus far. Lets hope of news soon. Isn't its projected release date 1st quarter?

Lol. The light up eyes would be awesome. But I would not pay so much for it. God damn it. How is it that there are zero news about this guy? I thought he'd be released soon.

Lol. The light up eyes would be awesome. But I would not pay so much for it. God damn it. How is it that there are zero news about this guy? I thought he'd be released soon.

Question comes down to how often you actually turn on those light gimmicks, and worry more often about whether the battery will leak in your MISB toy that you decides to keep MISB forever?

This. I'm going to go ahead and say that 95% of Iron Man "fans" weren't really fans before RDJ put on the suit. Hell, they probably never read an IM Comic before in their life.

:goodpost: Your right on the money with this. A lot of IM lovers after RDJ make it cool to be a superhero. Although I was never a hardcore IM fan I have always been a comic book fan, well before my figure collecting days. Actually I only started collecting to compliment my comics.

I remember watching the Ironman cartoons as a kid. It was cool as any dude wearing a robot suit would. But Tony Stark himself was bring to me. The new movies absolutly made Tony Stark, and that armor is Badass! I would get one myself buy i only like the suits from the first few movies

For someone who likes taking photos of his figures, lightup features is something I'm very happy to have.

taking photos of a toy with the lights on is quite difficult to get the effects right, unless you turn down the lightings so you can capture the light effects. would be easier & more effective to just photoshop the light effects in.

Back