Hot Toys- VGM06-Bio Hazard 5-Chris Redfield (BSAA ver) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris's muscle body does allow neck articulation (the few parts on the muscle body that do). Just adjusted my copy to look down slightly as in the graphic.

There is a pic posted about 2 years back of someone stripped the rubbery flesh off the muscle body (older body, pre-Arnie/Dutch type) . It is shown that the based of the neck and abdomen are compose of bendable metal. Have 1/2 a dozen HT's muscle bodies so far (including Dutch & Chris). All the necks have bending ability (but only one of my older figures can bend slightly at the abdomen, the rest seem immobile. It could different design with the newer bodies, but the neck portion/mobility has remained the same).

As for pics, will post in 12hours time (after work) if still need proof/others have not posted.

Just speaking from experience. I've got dutch, and several others on the board do as well. his neck can articulate left to right, but NOT front to back. That's one of the biggest issues with him.

Redfield's on the same body. so if you're moving it front to back, That's kinda a big deal.

Here's the proof, the body is almost vertical for both pic. Hot Toys should show/explain the inner working of their muscle body, unless they are afraid of infringement.

chrisdwn.jpg

Yes I can confirm that;

Muscles bodies have neck articulation;back and forward (or down) and the same for the abdomen.Both have bendeable metal pieces underneath like the elbow joints.(but harder)

So, does the extent of the abdominal and neck articulation go any further than 5 degrees? I don't own Dutch or Chris (yet), but I assume the HT Hellboy muscle body works similarly in most areas. I've tried positioning his neck and lower torso but it's a negligible difference.

So, does the extent of the abdominal and neck articulation go any further than 5 degrees? I don't own Dutch or Chris (yet), but I assume the HT Hellboy muscle body works similarly in most areas. I've tried positioning his neck and lower torso but it's a negligible difference.

as far as i know all muscle body torso's have no articulation, could be wrong though. ive only ever gotten the head peg/balljoint articulation out of hellboy.

Owning the Dutch, I can say I'm not a fan of the muscle bodies for posing. Which is why I'm gonna pass on Chris. I'm definitely getting S.T.A.R.S. Wesker though. Was gonna get the S.T.A.R.S. Chris too but they just rehashed the BSAA body and Chris wasn't on steroids in RE1.

Owning the Dutch, I can say I'm not a fan of the muscle bodies for posing. Which is why I'm gonna pass on Chris. I'm definitely getting S.T.A.R.S. Wesker though. Was gonna get the S.T.A.R.S. Chris too but they just rehashed the BSAA body and Chris wasn't on steroids in RE1.

I assumed the HT STARS Chris figure is based on the unlockable RE5 version of the STARS outfit, which is fitted for the bulked-up Chris.

Chris17.jpg

I assumed the HT STARS Chris figure is based on the unlockable RE5 version of the STARS outfit, which is fitted for the bulked-up Chris.

Chris17.jpg

It is. I just would prefer my S.T.A.R.S. Chris to look like RE1 Chris. I'm not fond of RE5 Chris' look. I was still gonna get it anyway but after getting Dutch, I found the muscle bodies don't work well.

I'm going to slightly re-tailor STARTS chriss to fit a regular truetype personaly.

shouldn't be too hard. if you look at his vest ties on the side, the upper ties are set REALLY loose.

I might do the same, if it isn't too difficult. The vest looks like an easy fix, but the shirt he's wearing underneath looks like it'll need to be tailored to fit more snugly on a regular TT's arm's. As it is, it doesn't even fit snugly on the Chris muscle body. Funny thing is, he'll look awfully weird next to the roided out BSAA Chris.

There is a chance that I'll just leave him as is. For some reason, I feel as if the STARS outfit actually makes the figure's proportions look better than it does on the BSAA figure.

Overall, I feel like HT got the proportions totally wrong for the character (the inexpensive NECA toy got it right). But I can understand the reasons behind it. No point in engineering a totally new body for one character (although they did it for Hellboy) when an existing one would do.

I wonder if I could reshape Chris' chest by shaving off the huge Dutch-y man breasts.

man can't decide on which chris to get... Although I am leaning towards the original stars version since that version for me brings back memories of playing re1 wayyy back in the day...

Does anybody know when BBTS will be getting there shipment of BSAA Chris? I need to make sure I have funds in there.

man can't decide on which chris to get... Although I am leaning towards the original stars version since that version for me brings back memories of playing re1 wayyy back in the day...

I'd say go for STARS Chris. BSAA ver looks good but STARS ver just looks better.

Back