Hot Toys-TTM09-1/6th TrueType Body(Caucasian - Slim Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off the top of my head: Legolas, Indy, Aragorn, Han Solo NEED these bodies. Could probably use them for Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne too. And maybe Joker.

I think I'm going to keep the reg for Han and Aragorn and use the slim for characters like Luke. While the slim is closer to a normal build, I'll sacrifice "accuracy" for the contrast between characters in a display. Luke and Han just shouldn't be the same build, imo.

I was thinking about that myself and the fact is Harrison is broader than this new body. Same could be said for Bruce and Tony Stark. I think this one will be for figures like Legolas and Luke in the end. I may be able to get away with only needing six of these suckers.. for now.

what would be the best grey suit for this? I am using this body for a scarecrow and had a regular truetype before with a harvey dent suit and wanted to know what you thought would be best that is currently out?

I'm going to use this with the BR joker suit for my scarecrow. From what I can tell the BR joker suit has a tighter fit than the harvey suit

Just finishd my Michael Jackson review, here are a few pics of the new bod next to a TT and in a few poses-
bodycomp3.jpg

bodycomp2.jpg

articulation.jpg

articulation2.jpg

articulation1.jpg

pose4-3.jpg

What the hell? I have no idea why they'd want to use those ankle joints. The ball joints on the regular true-type are far better/easier to work with, and don't snap like those wrist-style joints do.

Wow. Mad how broad the reg actually looks there!

That's always been the achilles heel of the Tru Type. Sanding down the shoulders helps, but even so they're still too broad. The narrow shoulder and slim bodies were definitely needed improvements.

Unless on slim specific tailoring, I don't think these are going to be that earth shattering. The Pro has better shoulders than the Tru and IMO the TT still outperforms it in most bashes. The shoulders are sometimes problematic but the bulk of the body is what really, really helps. Most 1/6 clothing out there is already loose to begin with. The narrow shouldered TT is the real news as far as kit bashing goes I think.

I tend to agree. With most figures, the slim won't be very noticeable or may actually look too thin if swimming in larger clothes.

The ankles are definitely a step backwards IMO. But I do appreciate the molded neck and narrowed shoulders. Hopefully in a future iteration, they will make the neck and chest appear more realistic like the Soldier Story sculpture. Right now, the features look a bit too stylized.

He won't read it. Toy Soldier body is the greatest thing to him right now. Next month it will be another body.

Yeah these ankle pegs are specific to MJ because of the design of his shoes and socks. The reg body will have ball joints as pictured at the front of this thread.

Back