1/6 Hot Toys TMS - 1/6 The Mandalorian and The Child + Swoop Bike Set - Season 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TMS - 1/6 The Mandalorian (Din Djarin)& The Child - The Mandalorian Seas

For me it works partly because Filoni had said early on this Mando design was more bulked up than Boba; and partly because it makes sense for the story e.g.the shift from being a banged-up bounty hunter to someone on a quest -ur focus is different; more time to clean up, get Baby a pram, fix armor.

Ur not hustling after bounties which may or may not pay much - plus, he's not handing his money over to the covert at this point. Wouldn't be surprised tho if at some point he loses the armor and everything; that's pretty typical of the heroic journey. Broken down and rising back up.

I honestly don’t mind the bulky look as he looks more imposing and well proportioned this way. I just wish his armour was metal or had a metal sheen. I don’t think we’ll ever get Pascal headsculpt as it doesn’t make sense given the character.

Re: Hot Toys TMS - 1/6 The Mandalorian (Din Djarin)& The Child - The Mandalorian Seas

I don?t mind not having a pascal headsculpt, I?d never use it, but I would like the beskar to be more chrome/polished metal. HT can do it, not sure why they won?t. Cost I guess

Seeing this figure on display and comparing it to S1 Beskar this S2 version has a better paint job on the armour then the S1 but I assume it's not as clean as S1 so there is a difference between the two in terms of wear.

I hope when this goes up for order it includes Fett's armor and helmet to display on the bike behind him.

Makes me wish they include the additional beskar leg padding on this version lol

I wonder if they'll offer a set with just the speeder, shorter cape, knee pad and thigh plate for those getting the Beskar version, easy upgrade if you need it and then do a full set for completionists

Re: Hot Toys TMS - 1/6 The Mandalorian (Din Djarin)& The Child - Season 2

I wonder if they'll offer a set with just the speeder, shorter cape, knee pad and thigh plate for those getting the Beskar version, easy upgrade if you need it and then do a full set for completionists

Ha, fat chance.

Filoni followed Hot Toys lead and got Mando suited with a 1:1 fat suit underneath...

From the back looked to me only looked like the upper torso is slightly bulked. And only noticed 'coz it's the first time I noticed there's a Beskar back plate protecting Mando's @ss, I guess. VS. the soft side panels.

Mostly I noticed the armor finish - very nice; seems to change with the lights - helmet especially. Wish HT would go all out with the paint. From Hasbro to HT to Gentle Giant no-one seems to have used a great chrome-type finish yet.:dunno

This is the one.

I mean.... this is the way!

Looks phenomenal, this is the one to get in my opinion.

This is the one for me too.
I mean they all have their positives and I guess it all depends on how you want him displayed. With the bike, most likely you will have him on it or beside it. I doubt it will have as much accessories as the previous two (all the effects ect). I don?t know...I would be happy with this or the dlx Beskar.
I am most excited about the ScoutTrooper with the bike so whatever works well with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That crossed my mind as well, but extremely doubtful

In the third season, they will paint the beskar armor of some color and we will have to buy another Mando ......i have first Mando, preorder DX beskar and now wait for buy the Mando and bike.

In the third season, they will paint the beskar armor of some color and we will have to buy another Mando ......i have first Mando, preorder DX beskar and now wait for buy the Mando and bike.

This is the Way.

Waiting to see what the price is on this set. I didn’t pre-order the season one Beskar Mando so it may be the one I go with.

The only thing is I doubt it will come with a pram for The Child, which is something I would like to have.

I?m debating whether to order any of these figures until season 2 ends as he may change into some cool armor

I hope when this goes up for order it includes Fett's armor and helmet to display on the bike behind him.

Good selling point.

Back