Hot Toys The Force Awakens Exclusive Stormtrooper Squad Leader.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well then they would also need the shield. That was a Riot Control Trooper who carries both a shield and a stun baton. Not a force pike though.

And they had to have known before today. Toys have already came out of this trooper.

I doubt that is riot control trooper with just stun baton since he is in the battle fighting Finn. And Finn is using lightsaber.

CUKBGghWcAAZPH1.jpg

I'm bit of worried that we didn't see Squad Leader in any teaser. In the newest teaser there is Stormtrooper with black pauldron. BTW the new kind-of-force-spike looks interesting, that should be include in accessories, but i know they did not know about it till now.

I wouldn't worry, if he doesn't appear in the film then Hot Toys and most of the other toy manufacturers have been given the same incorrect Trooper colour but others have said he has been spotted in released behind the scenes shots.

I doubt that is riot control trooper with just stun baton since he is in the battle fighting Finn. And Finn is using lightsaber.

View attachment 224290

If the stun baton works anything like Grevious' personal guard in ROTS/TCW then one could be fighting Finn as I can't imagine those earlier staffs were only limited to fighting off Jedi and it will make things more interesting to have regular FO Troops who can defend themselves from Lightsaber users and even hold them at bay.

I'm bit of worried that we didn't see Squad Leader in any teaser. In the newest teaser there is Stormtrooper with black pauldron. BTW the new kind-of-force-spike looks interesting, that should be include in accessories, but i know they did not know about it till now.

Posted several pages back after someone else asked the same question.

In the behind the scenes footage someone is wearing it.

View attachment 217938

Edit, damn! Beat to the punch.

Expected mine to ship by the end of the week but according to tracking it's been stuck at Hong kong clearing agency for almost a week :impatient:

View attachment 224290

He probably lost his shield. Which is why he then extends the stun baton.

People also seem to be confused in thinking this is some anti light saber weapon. It's not. It's a stun baton for subdueing people so they can be arrested.

People also seem to be confused in thinking this is some anti light saber weapon. It's not. It's a stun baton for subdueing people so they can be arrested.

Well it is in some way because it is capable to resist lightsaber. I just don't think that they would have weapons like this just by coincidence.

That seems logical to me. It emits some kind of energy field which would be what makes it able to block a lightsaber blade.

Its possibly a secondary use for the weapon, designed for crowd control but because the energy it emits also blocks Lightsabers it means it can be used to subdue those who use them as well as general crowds.

Ive been thinking about it since watching the trailer and if it is deployed to counter this type of threat to the First Order what if it is something most if not all Troopers learn to use in training, it could explain why Finn has some skills with one.

FWIW I chatted with SS yesterday and they're expecting these to ship out on Tuesday. Hadn't gotten any notice of that since I was on Flexpay but figured I'd pass it along.

You don't have to be a Jedi to use a lightsaber. You need to be a Jedi to be GOOD with one. Because this is an era where people use guns.

All this talk about things that can go against a lightsaber and not one mention of Vibroblades , and Darksaber.... tisk tisk

Well I don't even know why people are talking about things that can go against a lightsaber. The riot baton isn't designed to fight lightsabers. And for all we know one more swing later Finn destroys it.

Back