Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it worth the money ? im thinking about to get one , Thanks

uh...yeah:lecture

the handle bars a ***** to put on, and well, the DX-12 will NOT fit on this without removal of the underlying fat-suit(and the jury is still out if S.Kyle will fit on this until she is released), but yeah, well worth $279.99

That is very true thats the only scene we see bats on the Pod, i think thats why when they announced selina i was determined to get the Pod as she is on it more in the movie & i think the figure of her looks awesome & i do like the HT female characters they seem to have better proportions than the male figures & gotta love those tight costumes haha

Yeah, there were definitely some cool scenes with catwoman being a total badass in TDKR but for me I think I'll be displaying mine with bats. It's his ride and he looks awesome with it.

would have been cool if HT had made the Tumbler like in the scene where its all banged up & bats activates the pod to come flying out of it, I think they would have had to make the tumbler more like a transformer for that to work but wow how cool would that have been, you get a tumbler & pod in one vehicle

Yeah that would look cool, all smashed up with the batpod riding away from it. Although would probably cost about 2 grand. :lol have you seen the hot toys display with the demolished tumbler?

Thanks man. Yeah it's a pic of the batcave that I had printed in poster size. It's part of the Tumblers display.

Hi,

Where did you find a pic with enough definition to be print at this scale?
Because my dx12 would look nice in front of a Batcave poster like thant?

Thanks!

Hi,

Where did you find a pic with enough definition to be print at this scale?
Because my dx12 would look nice in front of a Batcave poster like thant?

Thanks!

this picture was posted log ago. I don't remember who did it :/

Yeah that's the same pic. I just saved it to my phone and took to to walmart photo center and had it printed out.

:rotfl:rotfl

It also intimidates

And blow stuff up like the Batpod does. Without the Tumbler, Gordon could have never blown up the pillars to destroy the train before reaching Wayne tower. It was essential for that movie. And in the Dark Knight stopped a rocket and gave birth to the Batpod. So the Tumbler has it's purposes on top of other things not mentioned but those are the important ones.

Depends on how much you liked the movies and the Batpod. I've said it before but honestly as big of a Batman fan I am and of the Nolan franchise I would have passed on it if I didn't get it at such a good deal. It's cool but just doesn't have the same presence that the Tumbler does. It's still cool and if you can afford it go for it because you may regret it later when they stop selling them and the price shoots up.

Anyone here have any over-spray on the barrels of the longer guns on the front? I got mine and noticed a bit on one of them. I wouldn't mind it too much if the silver and black weren't such a big contrast. It kind of looks like something an amateur like myself would do.

Anyone here have any over-spray on the barrels of the longer guns on the front? I got mine and noticed a bit on one of them. I wouldn't mind it too much if the silver and black weren't such a big contrast. It kind of looks like something an amateur like myself would do.

I don't but I have heard of that before. It's few in far between though as I haven't heard that in a while.

I don't but I have heard of that before. It's few in far between though as I haven't heard that in a while.

:slap I figured that may have been the case. I've never really painted anything with a paint gun before, and I'm sure if I tried touching it up with an acrylic paint using a brush it would look awful. At this point I would have rather have a crooked wheel; at least it's a legitimate complaint in which I could have probably received a replacement.

:slap I figured that may have been the case. I've never really painted anything with a paint gun before, and I'm sure if I tried touching it up with an acrylic paint using a brush it would look awful. At this point I would have rather have a crooked wheel; at least it's a legitimate complaint in which I could have probably received a replacement.

They should still replace it for a crummy paint job. I'd email and find out. Do you have a picture of yours? The one I saw a while back the paint clump or whatever was on the bottom of the cannons and not a concern unless you were looking under the cannons.

At the moment, I haven't taken pictures. But will tonight. I contacted both the distributor and HT (which I'll probably hear back from in 2014) hoping that they will be sympathetic to the situation. The distributor offered a gift certificate for the issue, and nothing back from HT. I will post the pictures on here tonight, maybe a painter here on the boards can fix it. I dunno, I don't expect to display it until the summer but still it would be nice to have it rectified sooner than later.

At the moment, I haven't taken pictures. But will tonight. I contacted both the distributor and HT (which I'll probably hear back from in 2014) hoping that they will be sympathetic to the situation. The distributor offered a gift certificate for the issue, and nothing back from HT. I will post the pictures on here tonight, maybe a painter here on the boards can fix it. I dunno, I don't expect to display it until the summer but still it would be nice to have it rectified sooner than later.

Yeah it very well could be an easy fix for you which is why I was wondering if you had pictures. There are many talented people on this board that could give you tips or may even do the work for you.

Mate if you can get a good deal on it then i'd say get it, it is a cool vehicle, but i wouldn't even ever look at buying it if it was sold out & those mad prices on evil bay were creeping up again its not worth the money that they were selling for before HT announced they were re-releasing it. They were hitting at least $800 if i remember.

Ive just had mine delivered about an hour ago, i have inspected every inch of this thing for QC problems or breakages & there was not a single one :yess:, The only issue mine has but i think pretty much everyone elses pod has is the annoying tilt to the left with the front wheel Mine is not that bad unless you look for it you dont notice it other wise. It seems to be the most common problem were seeing. My handle bars don't even pop off all the time like other guys were complaining about but time will tell haha. So am i happy? God yeah its awesome & worth the £220 i paid for it. Just waiting on the DX12 now to complete the pose :wink1:

Yeah it very well could be an easy fix for you which is why I was wondering if you had pictures. There are many talented people on this board that could give you tips or may even do the work for you.

I'm hoping that is the case, would be nice, because it is so much of an eye sore for someone like me. I'm meticulous, and just knowing that it's there even though its not even displayed gets me frustrated hahaha. Be back on later with pics!

I get mine tommorow :panic::panic: can't wait. I've always loved the design of the Batpod a lot more than the Tumbler, and with space being an issue i could never display the tumbler. So the Batpod is perfect. Also once this is gone, it will shoot up in price the same as the first release did i think(if not more).

Now i need DX12 to top this badboy off, nice acrylic case and TDK backdrop to make this a nice little display.

Not really kept up with this thread a whole lot since Pre ordering, what QC issues should i look out for aside from misaligned wheels and the rare paint issue?

I get mine tommorow :panic::panic: can't wait. I've always loved the design of the Batpod a lot more than the Tumbler, and with space being an issue i could never display the tumbler. So the Batpod is perfect. Also once this is gone, it will shoot up in price the same as the first release did i think(if not more).

Now i need DX12 to top this badboy off, nice acrylic case and TDK backdrop to make this a nice little display.

Not really kept up with this thread a whole lot since Pre ordering, what QC issues should i look out for aside from misaligned wheels and the rare paint issue?

The handle bars not staying in the pegs is the only other one that I can think of. There weren't a ton of varying QC issues with this like there was the Tumbler. I got lucky as the only problem I really had was the left tilt like so many others.

Back