Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's still listed for an August - September release date, so if they stick with that it should be released overseas any day now.

I was very ,icy looking forward to this release as this would be my first 1/4 scale and my first ledger joker in purple coat and outfit. I had the robber 2.0 for a while and loved it but sold it to finance this “upgrade”. But I don’t see the manic aspect of the joker in that headscultp. I see ledger but not in character.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was very ,icy looking forward to this release as this would be my first 1/4 scale and my first ledger joker in purple coat and outfit. I had the robber 2.0 for a while and loved it but sold it to finance this “upgrade”. But I don’t see the manic aspect of the joker in that headscultp. I see ledger but not in character.

Yeah I wish I didn’t sale my dx11. Maybe not a perfect headsculpt but that slight smirk in the mouth totally nailed the joker personality which was great. -sigh-

Can anybody tell me the best place to pick up the Batman and Joker 1/4 figures in the US? I'm not fond of the EX head, so I figured I'd pick up the regular. I decided to get these now, because I didn't want them to skyrocket in price later (the Dark Knight figure is selling for over 1K on EBay).

Can anybody tell me the best place to pick up the Batman and Joker 1/4 figures in the US? I'm not fond of the EX head, so I figured I'd pick up the regular. I decided to get these now, because I didn't want them to skyrocket in price later (the Dark Knight figure is selling for over 1K on EBay).

He's increased in value, no doubt, but he's not selling for over 1K. There are just some shameless sellers who hope there's anybody out there dumb enough to pay that price.

Yeah, scalpers are going crazy on EBay and I've rarely seen him available here. Timewalker seems to have the best price on the new Batman 1/4 figures in the US.

I can't believe anyone ever pays close to 1k for the Dark Knight figure. I got mine just over six months ago for £420 shipped. Still feels overpriced given how poor the cowl is but overall I'm glad to have it.

I was bidding on a new DX11 yesterday, and once it got above $400 I was like, you know what, I’d rather just put that money towards the new 1/4 hotness. So I jumped on the waitlist for the deluxe, which I’m sure will convert this far out from release. I don’t own any 1/4 scales yet, but was already eyeing the upcoming Mk III.

I agree with many that the sculpt is no home run, but it is seriously miles better than both DX11 sculpts, which both have always looked very cartoony to me. This new sculpt isn’t 100% accurate but it at least looks much more realistic to me.

I still haven’t decided for certain yet if I want to get into 1/4 at all. There is definitely something about 1/6 figures as pure physical objects that I love, with the amount of engineering and detailing that can be crammed into such a relatively small size. When it comes to 1/4 scale I worry that, even with the extra details, I won’t be as impressed with what you get relative to the size.

I was bidding on a new DX11 yesterday, and once it got above $400 I was like, you know what, I’d rather just put that money towards the new 1/4 hotness. So I jumped on the waitlist for the deluxe, which I’m sure will convert this far out from release. I don’t own any 1/4 scales yet, but was already eyeing the upcoming Mk III.

I agree with many that the sculpt is no home run, but it is seriously miles better than both DX11 sculpts, which both have always looked very cartoony to me. This new sculpt isn’t 100% accurate but it at least looks much more realistic to me.

I still haven’t decided for certain yet if I want to get into 1/4 at all. There is definitely something about 1/6 figures as pure physical objects that I love, with the amount of engineering and detailing that can be crammed into such a relatively small size. When it comes to 1/4 scale I worry that, even with the extra details, I won’t be as impressed with what you get relative to the size.

You'll love the 1/4 figures, once I got one I sold most of my 1/6s and most of my collection is 1/4 now. Only figures though, I like to be able to pose and re-pose them to keep my display looking fresh.

Even though I’m not getting this I still excited to see how it turned out. Seriously taking awhile come on hot toys!!!

I think delays rarely mean improvements are being made but more they are just prioritizing other releases i.e. Marvel.

Back