Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand some collectors have their concerns but I’m fine with it and can’t wait for Sideshow to send me their email letting me know that it’ll be arriving soon.

I understand some collectors have their concerns but I’m fine with it and can’t wait for Sideshow to send me their email letting me know that it’ll be arriving soon.

Exactly

This is gonna be selling for stupid money a year from now.

Il be keeping mine tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly

This is gonna be selling for stupid money a year from now.

Il be keeping mine tho

Which I don't get how can something so sloppy go up in price? :/ DX11 I get. Enterbay is way better apart from shoes.
I'm wondering if a repaint will benefit Hot toys version to help bring the likeness out.

Just an example these are bootleg sculpts of enterbay 1:4 repainted.
18644762_1869204033331024_1433874226179211264_n.jpg
s-l1600 (7).jpg
s-l1600 (8).jpg

Which I don't get how can something so sloppy go up in price? :/ DX11 I get. Enterbay is way better apart from shoes.
I'm wondering if a repaint will benefit Hot toys version to help bring the likeness out.

Just an example these are bootleg sculpts of enterbay 1:4 repainted.
View attachment 451098
View attachment 451099
View attachment 451100

You can’t compare a custom to retail figure, bootleg or not.
You wanna pay thousands for a custom good for you.
But out the box this is the best looking joker yet.
I can’t think of many figures that have sold out on pre order like this did, for a long time

I for one am happy getting a great reresentation of Heath as the Joker for this price - I'm not happy to pay thousands for a representation that is almost like him but not totally. Others are, cool.

I don't think I've ever with any of the Hot Toys I've owned scoured film stills comparing things piece by piece. It's like people who over analyse films, if it's mostly enjoyable I'm content, I'd much rather enjoy things than try to find a problem with them. If other people enjoy doing that cool, but for the price of this and how it looks I'm happy with it.

The quarter scale Iron Man I have isn't 100 percent Tony Stark but it's damn near close enough and looks great, when I get this in hand I'll be more than happy for sure. And I'm happy I can enjoy it without worry that a paint smudge is out of place or a nostril isn't quite flared enough.

I for one am happy getting a great reresentation of Heath as the Joker for this price - I'm not happy to pay thousands for a representation that is almost like him but not totally. Others are, cool.

I don't think I've ever with any of the Hot Toys I've owned scoured film stills comparing things piece by piece. It's like people who over analyse films, if it's mostly enjoyable I'm content, I'd much rather enjoy things than try to find a problem with them. If other people enjoy doing that cool, but for the price of this and how it looks I'm happy with it.

The quarter scale Iron Man I have isn't 100 percent Tony Stark but it's damn near close enough and looks great, when I get this in hand I'll be more than happy for sure. And I'm happy I can enjoy it without worry that a paint smudge is out of place or a nostril isn't quite flared enough.

Exactly

Ain't that the truth. You are 100% correct my friend.

I'm still highly anticipating this figure, I think it looks fabulous based on videos/photos. I can't wait to see pictures of it next to the QS TDK/R Batman!!!!!!

9bb39131853748d89eb39298f83dad21.jpg
2d0b03799f6d077b7043b4274f4f58c4.jpg

Here’s two more new photos I found of the figure

There’s other products out there’s guys. May not be Heath Joker, but there are other licenses and characters to choose from.

If a company failed to meet your expectations on a certain piece, that just means you’ve saved money for a better product of your choosing.

Other than the crappy job on the hair and the coat being a little short I think it's good. The coat colour might be a little more vibrant that the one Ledger wore but I actually prefer it that way.

I think I can rule out buying one of those $900 custom heads but would like to get the two HT heads haired and the EX fully painted. Hopefully that's possible.

Back